“Charlie Palmer in the Joule, Dallas”
Review of Charlie Palmer Steakhouse - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Akard
Dallas, Texas
“Charlie Palmer in the Joule, Dallas”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had just finished an exhausting day of setting up and tearing down our trade show booth. Charlie Palmer steakhouse welcomed us with opened arms. The food and company were great, but the service was even better. I have to say that our waitress, Amber, was one of the most graceful, professional servers I have ever experienced... there when you needed her, anticipating everyone's needs and going the extra mile. The front desk even called my room when I left my credit card in the restaurant. Thank you for a great experience, Joule & Charlie Palmer. Thank you even more for your 5 star service, Amber!

• Visited June 2013

Tulalip, Wa
“One of the best meals ever!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything was absolutely wonderful.Started with shrimp and grits as our appetizer and they were wonderful. For dinner I had the Chicken with Asparagus and Morels, The chicken was perfectly pan seared, aparagus sweet and tender and the morels were perfect! The only thing I would change is to note that when ordering the sides they should indicated that there is enough to serve 3 people adequately. We all ordered sides and there was a lot that went to waste. Our server John, was one of the definite highlighs to our meal. Gracious, warm, welcoming and over the top service. We also went down to the restaurant one other night for desert and coffee. My wife ordered the Peanut Butter Bar and it was beyond description. Lets just say it is a must try. I waivered but I could not resist having the Shrimp and Grits appetizer again, as I may not ever get to have their creamy goodness again!

Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Food good but where was the service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Took clients for dinner last week. There were four of us and we had wine, appetizers, salads and dinners. They took our order promptly, served wine etc. Food was excellent however, served too fast and courses too close together. After served all, service disappeared for drink refills and plate clearing. I finally stopped the manager to please send over our waiter. He asked what exactly do I need? I said we wanted some service and plates cleared, he responded by saying 'well you can't wait 2 minutes for your server to get back?" I understand the restaurant business as I worked in restaurants for years and my family owns restaurants so I am patient. However, I was embarrassed to be spoken to like this and it pretty much wiped out the fact that the food was good. I travel for business there are better places in Dallas to go.

• Visited May 2013
Riverside, CA
“What a Treat at Lunch!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had some time before I had to catch the shuttle to DFW, so I decided to try Charlie Palmer's at The Joule Hotel for lunch. I'm sure glad I did! I was staying at the nearby Magnolia Hotel, which doesn't have a proper restaurant. I had checked out the dinner menu, and it was way too pricey for my company's per diem allowance. The lunch menu, on the other hand, was quite affordable. They offer a three-course, Prix Fixe menu. Salad or Soup, main course, and dessert. All for a very fair $25. Everything was top-notch. I expected the ghost of JR Ewing to show up for a power lunch, though. I was the only gentleman diner who was not wearing a business suit. Do yourself a favor and try this gem for lunch. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
Texas
“Breakfast disaster”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Asked for coffee twice-when it came it was cold. Poor service, felt ignored and the place was not busy. All staff here need customer service training!

Visited May 2013