“Yummy choice!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
“Yummy choice!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped by after checking out overall reviews for this restaurant. Everything was so good that I wanted to write this review ASAP. We had the fried calamari and 3 different entrees and each of us were very satisfied. We also loved the bread and salad that comes with the meal. You need to try this place.

• Visited July 2013

“Dirty place with bad food aand service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I ate here late one afternoon while attending a conference in Dallas. There’s a dearth of restaurants in downtown Dallas near the Adolphus hotel where I was staying and I was desperate.

I was shown to a table by the manager/owner? and then promptly abandoned for at least 15 minutes. Surprising, because I was in plain view of the man and I did not see him directing staff to take care of me. The table at which I was seated was dirty and covered with crumbs and other food stuffs.

When the waitress arrived and I asked her to clean the table, she was apologetic. My order for a caprese salad was filled quickly.

The salad was almost inedible. It was comprised of tasteless tomatoes and huge pieces of bufala mozzarella hiding a few pieces of wilted and black basil.

I never saw the waitress again, until I received my cheque.

Riverside, CA
“Lovely Server/Ghastly Food”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I feel badly for the review I am about to give, because the server was such a delight. Nonetheless, the food here is shockingly awful. I make chicken saltimboca at home, so I had to try it here. Ugh! First, the bread was strange. Knot-shaped, rubbery and flavorless. The chicken was awful. An oddly-textured chicken breast covered with melted cheese. There was a slice of questionable ham (it was supposed to be prosciutto, but I have never tasted prosciutto like this). The spinach it was on tasted like frozed spinach out of a Birds-Eye box. The side of pasta was a mushy glob of overcooked spaghetti. All of this was drowning under the mass of melted cheese. If I had produced this dish at home, it would have been sent back, for sure, with a proclamation that we were going out for dinner.

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great place”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my sister and brother in-law. They live in the downtown area of Dallas. We walked a few blocks to this place. Great atmosphere. More than I would normally pay for pizza but the pizza was really good so I'll let that slide ;)

We had two small children in our group of six and I'm not sure this would be a place for children. Seems like there were a lot of adults there that would prefer that the children eat some where else.

• Visited September 2012
Gilmer, Texas
“Great food, atmosphere& location”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch. Had a decent beer selection. Service was good. The have complimentary breadsticks which were delicious. I had a pepperoni calzone for $6 and it was enough for two. Plus it was very good. I will eat here again on my next visit.