“A Dallas Landmark with Great Pizza!”

Campisi's Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 3,691 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Description: Founded on the idea of handshakes and hellos, Campisis Restaurants has been serving iconic, award-winning pizzas and family Italian dishes since 1946. Owned and operated by the Campisi family, the original landmark, the "Egyptian Lounge" is legendary for being "the place to go" by celebrities and locals in the know who want the real deal when it comes to good Italian. Everyone is always invited to the table seven days a week at any of our locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and our new expansion in Lubbock, Texas. Stay in touch with the family on social and on the web.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had lunch at Campisi's while in Dallas for the weekend, and it was as good as I remembered it. Campisi's has been in Dallas for as long as I can remember, and we always went there for pizza when I was in high school. My husband had the Italian sampler plate and fell in love with the meatballs. I had the meat pizza and it was awesome as usual. The atmosphere was relaxed, the service was good, and the food was great. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I ate here for lunch on a business trip and the service was really good. I had a salami pizza and it was ready quickly and brought to my table (which needed a better cleaning).

good pizza - nice people - quick service - reasonable prices

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We came in about 3:30 towards the end of lunch. We had a cheese pizza & toasted cheese raviolis which were very good, the Campisi chopped salad was excellent! I love salads, glad I ordered this salad! Service was poor, we had to place our order at the bar, pick up our own utensils & napkins, get our own beverages from the fountain, had to ask for plates for our appetizer, never given plates to share the salad or for our pizza. Other than the service I would have given a higher rating! They all seemed too focused on preparing for their dinner patrons! Not the patrons they had currently in their restaurant ! Take out might be best!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very good thin crust pizza at a family style Italian restaurant in historical downtown Dallas building. We had a party of 15 the first night of a long wedding weekend based at the Magnolia Hotel across the street. Convenient, good food, fun. If you are lucky, the new gelato stand next door will be open for a post meal treat!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is a family atmosphere restaurant. We arrived early to find they had a happy hour that included free pizza if you bought 2 drinks. We had found that a glass of wine was a minimum of $8 anywhere in Dallas - they were priced at $6 and it was a good middle of the road wine. My companion opted for the free pizza and said it was quite good - they had both thin and thick crust. I opted for the veal piccata which was delicious. It came with a side of pasta or fresh veggies - I asked for penne with garlic and olive oil and even though it wasn't offered, they made it for me. The owner came out to meet and greet toward the end of our meal and he was delightful, asking if we had been served well. We assured him we had and took friends back with us later in the week. I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment - good value for your buck!