“Not what I expected”

There are newer reviews for Sunstone Inn

Reviewed October 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just visited this Hotel this past weekend and it was horrible. I made my reservation through expedia and that was my first mistake. I reserved the room for 3 adults and when I arrived they said I only reserved for 2 adults and had to pay an extra ten dollars. Then they wanted to copy my debit card and DL. The staff was rude and they attempted to rush me from the front desk. The room was nothing like the pictures. The towels were dengy (thankfully I always bring my own) the bed sheets were they same. I slept on top of the cover. The sink, toilet, and tub were not clean. (Thankfully I carry lysol spray and wipes) The toilet itself moved! It was not firmly installed. This place needs some major work ASAP!!! When we checked out the lady tried to charge me $10 again!!! Very disorganized and not clean! I would not recommend this to anyone!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel needs to gutted and revamped. The property has not made one upgrade to the room's decor. The bedding is from the 80's. it's a shame that a business would offer this to a guess and expect them to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James T
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I bought a room off a 3rd party website for the good price, but after arriving and staying for one night, I recommend going elsewhere. The manager/owner/front desk gentleman was very rude. The hotel overall was clean, but the rooms were VERY outdated. The bathroom was not up to par, and the decor is from the 70's. The location was hard to locate. You turn past a small used car lot and continue to drive towards the back. The pool was big enough to do 3 freestyle strokes to reach the other end. I could have paid the same amount to get quality and better breakfast. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Difficult to find, as it sits behind a car dealer. Suspect clientele, woman in front of us walked in from main road and paid cash for one night. Gentleman in hallway to our room asked if he could bum a smoke. Friendly gentleman on the elevator, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't sober. Smoking rooms in center of corridor, non-smoking at ends, so you have to walk past the smoking rooms to get to non-smoking. Our room had two queen beds. One bed had sheets that were stained with what appeared to be blood and grease that had been laundered in. The box spring on the other bed had stains on the side of it that appeared to be bodily fluids of some sort. The towels might just as well have been paper towels. Water pressure in shower was nonexistent, couldn't rinse the shampoo out of our hair thoroughly. Packets (like a ketchup packet at McD's) of shampoo. We were supposed to be there for a 3 night stay, checked out after the 1st night and found better accommodations elsewhere.
The clerk at check-in made a photo copy of my drivers license and my credit card. I've been checking with my cc company to make sure no fraudulent use since.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN D
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Veena & her husband (Max?) were friendly, helpful and keep the property very clean. Also, the maid did whatever we needed. We sold a home and were
there for a month waiting to get in our new house.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill
Knights Inn Market Center
Knights Inn Market Center
#143 of 205 in Dallas
Crossland Economy Studios - Dallas - North Addison - Tollway
Comfort Suites North Dallas
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Park Central Northeast
Comfort Inn Near Plano Medical Center

Been to Sunstone Inn? Share your experiences!