“Super kind staff”

Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
San Diego, California
“Super kind staff”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just want to say that the staff was very kind. Very much human beings and not corporate machines. I, as a well paying traveler and guest, hold this as very important. The days inn is the days inn...not the Ritz, so i didn't expect much regarding amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
123Sonny, Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We believe in our guests. We try to help the guests in best possible way. We are thankful to the guest for encouraging review. We will convey the your feelings to all our staff members.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

OMG...this was a terrible humiliating experience! 1st, the hotel is very hard to find located behind some buildings...drove in circles looking for entrance. We were there on business for 5 nights. The flu was going around something fierce in the Dallas area, which of course my husband and I caught. We did not leave our room for over 3 days..company was paying for room. Here's the worst part, after being there and finally stopped hallucinating from fever, our company forgot to make a payment. I understand there point that we had to leave if they couldn't reach the company...however the minute my husband left to go buy medicine, management pounced and locked me out of the room in the a.m. before checkout time. I couldn't retrieve my purse, phone, not even my shoes. Barefoot in pajamas and sick sitting in lobby for all to view. Poster child of sickness. It was humiliating. I was so thankful when my husband pulled into the lot and I ran for cover to our car and let him deal with the front desk manager and gather are belongings. Also let them know our room needed to be fumigated before allowing another guest in it. I was horrified when I saw they cleaned in about 15 minutes and checked in a poor unsuspecting guest. Never ever again. Oh, and the company spends quite a bit of money there and they acted as if they had no idea who they were. Customer service was rank and ruined what might have been a decent place. One more thing the pipes were embedded by tree roots so it/water had a funky smell and I don't believe you could open the windows.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side away from highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
123Sonny, Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
For this review, we have following comments:
1. We tried to locate the guest in our system. We checked up to 25th January, 2013. We could not find the guest history of 5 days stay from Florida. Due to Trip Advisor policy, they could not provide us the name of the guest to investigate in detail.
2. We are very sorry to know that the guest caught flue. Nobody has informed us for the illness.
3. We do not remove the guest from the room before checkout time. We inform 1 hour before check out time, to the guests due for checkout to plan their stay.
4. It may be noted that our checkout time is 11.am and next check in time is 1 pm. Within 2 hours , we have to get the rooms cleaned.
5. The statement made by the guest itself is contradictory. The guest says that she was forced out of the room without collecting her purse, cellphone etc. In the next statement she informs that the room was cleaned within 15 minutes and assigned to the other guest. How, it can happen that the belongings of the guest are in the room and we allot it to somebody else?
6. Our property is indoor property. The pipes are not kept open. It is not possible that the water pipes are embedded with tree roots.
7. The story seems to be exaggerated.
However, if we get a chance to know about the details of the guest, we can investigate in detail.

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Waco
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Not the most easy hotel to get in. Worst breakfast ever, the cream chesse was watery, donuts look old.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very nice place. Clean and well kept. Very quite. Good night sleep. Well worth the price. A little hard to get to until you find it. Easy access. Come in from Preston past Silver Star car lot. I am wondering if you are looking for a great deal.

• Stayed February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Spent 20 min driving in circles trying to find this place. Located behind a car lot. Desk staff was less than friendly. Vending machies did not work. Our room, 307, had two of the WORST beds I've ever experienced in a hotel...like sleeping in sheets of plywood. The sheets, blankets were worn thin. The room reeked of Pine Sol...most unpleasant. My friend and I were exhausted from a day of travel, but both of us slept poorly...the smell and abominable beds prevented us from enjoying a good night's rest. I won't go back.

Room Tip: Check room before paying.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
123Sonny, Front Office Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Regarding the experience of the guest we are very sorry. But we would like to inform the guest as under. The reservation was for very econony room. We have some deluxe rooms. The guest has not informed us about any of the discomfort. Otherwise we would have upgraded to deluxe room. Also, this property is taken by a new management and we are giving our best efforts to upgrade it. The vending machine contract is over and we are in a process to replace the new vending machines. However, the vending machine at first floor is in good condition. Due to new construction wall of Freeway, our property is hidden after it. This situation is not in our control. We belive in customer service. We have talked to the guest on phone and explained the situation. Also invited him to be our guest to receive our best attention.