“Disgusting experience”

Ranked #156 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Disgusting experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I made a reservation at the hotel arriving 07/27/12 through 07/31/12. We arrived to a pool full of rowdy kids that were part of a high school age volleyball contingency. There was mayhem in the halls every night the first two nights we were there. The building was not coll and had an odor that hung in the halls. The furnishings were dated and not in good condition. We reported multiple times that not all of the channels on the TV could be viewed and the remote was not working. Each time we were assured that mtce would solve that issue and each time we were disappointed. The final day our room was not cleaned and there were no towels or cups. Replenishing room supplies is optional and they do not think that option is worth addressing. The staff when approached at the desk was most often on a personal call which needed to be dealt with before acknowledging my presence. The breakfast was horrible. One day upon arrival there was bread a toaster, corn flakes and raisin bran, Additional pastries were replenished but were very basic. I cannot recommend this as suitable place to stay even if on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side opposite of the interstate which is 100 yards away should be specified. Also note...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m n
123Sonny, Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Sir,
I am Kamlesh Naik. Front desk Manager. I am extremely sorry on behalf of our team. Please note that during your stay, the Hotel was full with the guests participating in the Basket Ball match in the city. The age group of the partcipant was around 10-14 years. It was rather difficult to manage this young group as they were on Vacation mood. We are extremely sorry for the discomfort due to it. Please, note that this property is recently taken over by a new management and we are in process of upgrading the services to make our customer happy. Please, note that the guests are prime importance to us. We thank you for your suggestions/ commments to imporve the services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Tucked out of the way, access is kind of difficult but worth the work. Exterior of building is very clean and very modern. You are greeted by very friendly staff members. Room was very clean with all of the modern amenities, showers clean and kept up. Beds are a little hard but that's me being picky. Swimming pool was very clean and attractive (I did not use it.)
Nice clean and modern exercise room.
We booked again for our next trip in November.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HOUSTON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

When I called 3 days prior to get a first floor room. I was greeted on the phone by someone who could not speak English :-( C'Mon people WE ARE IN AMERICA!!! especially if you "live" here, you should speak the language.. So Finally I arrive, The building has NO AC running, or it was set to Dessert! I had forgotten my combs at the house :-( I go down stairs to ask the desk... "NO WE DON'T HAVE ANY" wow I am surprised I got shampoo or soap. Oh, then I get up to the room, the coffee pot has OLD used packet of coffee in the filter and the coffee packet I wanted to use is EMPTY.
The first night there I went and got fried chicken, YUM! There were crumbs on the floor when I was done, they stayed on the floor the ENTIRE week I stayed there... DID not even bother to investigate anything else.. just did my time on the project and will NEVER return to DAYS INN!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at a different place would be better!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank hanger42

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Anchorage
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

First thing, if you want a good laugh google their address and look on the map to see where it is located. If you look at the map the address shows right there by the street but if you look closer you will see the hotel is back away. Like in behind 2 other business. As you take a cab to the hotel, they don't offer a shuttle at all, nor did they say how far away from the airport they are. You drive down the turnpike, and maybe if your lucky you might notice he sign for the hotel. So then you turn onto Preston, following google and you drive right by the hotel. You drive by several times, and can't find the hotel. So you call agian, and get directions, they are not very clear either time you call. finally on the third call you get better directions. So you notice, when you drive slowly by, that yes they do have a sign but the front of the road, but its a sign the size of a for sale sign with arrows pointing back. The first sign you notice is the Silver Stars Auto, and you see the dealership. What the hotel staff never ever mentioned was that there is a smaller road off to the side where you have to drive down to get to the hotel.

So as you drive down and again its behind two other business. You pass the dealership and a storage unit then you see the hotel. As you pull in, right there by the front door is the small swimming pool, with no privacy whats ever. So anyone wlaking by or driving by will see you. So then after getting there, the front desk staff member, says something about the city not letting them put up better signs due to some issue. He asks if I have a reservation and I say yes, let me grab my reservation number. "Just give me your card, I don't need your reservation I just need your card".

mind you never a smile or how are you doing or anything. I then check in, he then asks do you want to upgrade to a suite for $5 more a day? I was like sure what's in a suite? Fridge, microwave and stuff. So yeah I was like sweet nice deal. I get to my room and wow, I reall have to wonder what a normal room looks like, cause the room was small, no dishes no cups nothing, just a small fridge, a microwave, sink, couch, tv ( that really looked like it was gonna fall off the closest at any moment) bed and a desk. My room back home is bigger than this suite.

I go back down and ask about rental cars, and the staff member is like you want to call someone. I ask well do you happen to have a number or someone you might recomend, and he gives me Enterprise, and mind you thats another can of worms you dont want me to open. Then I go back to my room and I look for the ice machine. They have 2, one on the first floor and the third floor, on the second floor, was a pop machine, that was out of order the entire time I was there. Mind you I was there for 11 days. Also the vending machine on the first floor was empty the entire time.

they do have a business center, like all Days Inn's do, and I have stayed at a few before so I knew what I was expecting, not what I was getting. So I go down to use the printer, I needed to print something off and then fax. So I go down to the office and there is a printer/copier/fax machine in the room, with a computer with very slow connection, and a single fan. I ask the front desk clerk about the printing, because it didn't print. I had figured it would go to the front desk so they can be sure to collect the funds. Mind you in the room there is a page i their binder that says, printing/copy $.25 a page and fax service $.50 per sheet. So the clerk says, "we don't have printing service" So I go back into the business center and handwrite my letter to fax. Again nothing is working, so I go back and ask about faxing. "We don't fax either, its not connected, we only have one line and its for the computer" Or if you ask them a question, they will respond with "why do you need/want that". My answer is simple, because I do, why does it matter why or want or need something? Then on the phone it says, Long Distance calls, you can get a calling card at the front desk. So I go down and ask about one, and imigane my surprise when he says " you have to go out for one, we don't sell them" I explained that on the phone it says you can get them down here, and his responce again "we don't do that, its just a mess, you have to go out and get one"

Then you just have to love this next bit. Safety. You would think would be a good reason to stay at a hotel. Well if you agree then never stay here. The time I was down in Dallas, we had some tornado's happen. Mind you not one but 12 of them. You would really think, that when your at a hotel, and you have guests that are from out of state, that when you have something like that happeing, and you have the sirens going off, that you would somehow make it known to all your guests in the hotel, that something is going on. I am from Alaska, and we don't get anything like them at all. So when the sirens were going off, I had just thought that there was some accident or some cop or something lost in the neighborhood. I was just watchig tv show. was not till later when I had gone down to the front desk to get some ice, and I had asked what was up with the sirens, was then told about what had happened. One of them was about not even 10 miles from the hotel I later found out from watching the news.

So all while, I had lost my wallet and cell phone. Had everything replaced. So with the tornado's giong on and my friends back home hearing about everything and worring about me since I couldn't get ahold of them. They called the hotel and the front desk wouldn't patch them through to me. I finally checked my email and was told to call and check in. My friend had said the lady at the front desk was rude and wouldn't patch her through and then hung up on her.

So after a few days I go down to the front desk to check on my phone. The front desk lady said no nothing was deleivered. I asked her about the box on the floor right behind her. She grabs it and says"not for you, your not the days inn" then asks for my room number and says "again no not for you, a different room". I go check my email and it showed it was deleivered. I go back and ask yet another front desk clerk and he says "whats your room number, and yes this is for you" I look at it and yes it does say Days Inn, because that is where I am staying but also it has my name and room number, yes the name was spelled wrong but the lady just didnt want to pay attention. All she read was Days Inn, and didn't bother to read the rest. then nothing not even I am sorry or anything, just walked away.

So all in all, I highly suggest that you never stay here. The entire time I was there, I hardler ever say anyone really. Oh yeah and then at check out, they say 11am. They mean 11 am, no late check out, and if you have anything in your room thats trash, and you let them know its trash and they even say that they will toss if for you, they don't and wont, unless they charge you like $30.00 per bag. Mind you I had some extra stuff since I had emptied my storage unit. I asked them if they wouldn't mind doing it for me, because while I was down there I happened to sprian my ankle. So the day of check out, yet another guy at the front desk, tells me I have to toss it myself, no matter what, otherwise they will charge me a nice fine for doing it. I explained what I was told, and his words were, "You lie no one would ever say yes to you"

I am sorry but that was the last straw, no one tells me I lied or calls me a liar, no one. So I walked back upstairs after grabbing the bag rack and took the stuff out to the trash myself. I also noticed that when it was after 11am, just a few mins, like 11:05 am, the one guy from the front desk was pounding on the door of one guest hat was to check out and was louding saying he needed to check out now, otherwise he would have to pay a fee of $10 for every few minutes or something riduclus like that.

Room Tip: Room service, bell service or any kind of service...so NOT there. If I could I would give them nega...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AKtraveler69
123Sonny, Front Office Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
We appreciate your comments and would like to give certain facts for the same.1. After the construction of our building Toll way booth was constructed. Our building was covered behind it. City authority does not allow us to place big sign board.2As per Check in policy and Credit Card processors instructions, we need to scan every credit card. Your reservation was the last reservation to check in on the day. Hence the employee had asked for the necessary documents for check in process. 3. Our Suite rooms are spacious and have all necessary accessories for the guest. 4. Business center is centrally A/c. We have provided additional fan for better air circulation. We provide printing and Fax services from the front desk. And do not charge for couple of pages. 5. Calling Card: - On guest’s request we activate the phone for local/long distance calls at a very nominal charge for long distance calls. 6. We appreciate your comment for weather news and we are going to create provision for weather bulletin at front desk.7. Your consignment of phone. There was a misunderstanding for it. We are sorry for it and apologize for it. 8. Vending Machine: Our contract with the vending machine party was over and they were to take back the vending machine. However, you could have noticed that we provide snacks items at the front desk.9. Trash Pickup: You have moved your stuff from storage. We have not charged anything for it. On the contrary our dumpster was full with the trash and we had to pay $50. surcharge for extra trash pickup. We have not charged to you for it. 10. Late Checkout: Our check out time is 11 am and check in time is 1 pm. We have to finish all housekeeping and laundry activities during these two hours only. We have to keep room ready for the next reservation by 1 pm.
Please note that guests are valuable for us. We respect them. But we are sorry as we could not meet your expectations and we apologize for it.
Kamlesh Naik , Front Desk Manager
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have been staying in Days Inn for last 5 years, wherever i go either business trip or personal vacation i try to find Days Inn hotel as i am Wyndham Rewards member and Days Inn was the one who started Complimentary Breakfast.

But this property management is really rude and don't ever give your credit card details to them they can commit to fraud by putting extra dollars on your bill after you leave the property. Worst breakfast i have even seen, mixed water in regular juice, dated bed sheets, towels and interiors.
Staff in front desk is the worst and they don't have any respect towards customers, they can torture you like anything. I gave 1 star because that is the least i can give(no option for negative rating here).

Room Tip: Spend few more dollars and find another hotel or atleast another Days Inn property, don't think...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank Value4Money_21
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend since it was my son's birthday and chose because was in the budget and close to other places we were going to be. Lobby was so hot when we walked in you could feel the hot air escape when doors opened. It was colder outside than in that lobby and elevator was even hotter. Hallway carpets looked as if they had not been cleaned in years, you could see the black dirt coming off onto your shoes. Our room seemed clean but as soon as air conditioner was turned on the stuff stuck in the grates was shooting out. My son has allergies and was not going to work for our needs. Continental Breakfast were donuts that you could get out of a Dolly Madison bag. Tubs of butter and cream cheese for everyone to share is completely unsanitary and lots of cereal and NO milk for it? I will NOT be staying here again. I'll spend the extra 20-30 dollars to stay at a nicer hotel that I wont get sick at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Momof3inATX
123Sonny, Guest Relations Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Hello Sir, I am very sorry on behalf of our hotel to hear about your bitter experiences... This is clearly not the end-result we should've aimed for. I've been in your position as a guest before, and I can sincerely understand your disappointment. I have great regret in causing you to feel the way you do of our property. In regards to a solution to the problems you have pointed out to us, it is in our best favor to understand your criticism and use it to better our hotel.

I am already in the process of resolving each of these issues specifically and in detail with our property management... It is clearly our goal to find a solution to any problem which a guest may encounter at any given time. I hope you may provide us with your understanding, and we want you to know that we care for you and your family as our guests... Without you, our business would not be alive. Again, we are very sorry for our shortcomings and we really do expect to resolve each matter individually at this time.

Thank you kindly, Sir.

Sonny Ismail
Days Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano Management
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for over 5 days.
Property well maintained and clean. Good house keeping facilites.
Friendly people.
Easily accessable to Dallas and Plano area.
Very economical for the location and facilites.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
123Sonny, Manager at Sunstone Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you so kindly for your very positive response, sir. Our property and staff really and truly appreciate your comments.

It brings us great satisfaction to realize and see that we've helped you and your family enjoy your stay with us. We hope to continue our level of excellence within our serivice to all of our invaluable guests.

Thank you so very much again, and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Sonny Ismail