“Missing a little salt in your diet?”
Review of The Slow Bone

The Slow Bone
Ranked #114 of 3,882 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: West Dallas
Neighborhood: West Dallas
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Well, you've come to the right place. Ask Jack to pick what you should have, and it'll be a sampling of salt-rubbed beef, BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, corn, hush puppies, beans, and mac and cheese. As far as what beer on tap you should have, just say, "You pull it, I'll drink it ." You won't be disappointed.

Oh yes, there's an assortment of inexpensive Cabs, Malbecs, Merlots and blends to choose from. It was a nice departure from the restaurant scene after a 2-day business meeting.

We were there for a private group dinner; I think it's primarily a lunch eatery.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had been stuck at a conference and away from tasty food for a few meals so, The Slow Bone was an excellent find. These folks know how to cook meat. I love how they weigh your meat selection so when you ask for 1/4 pound you know that that is what you're getting. Great sides, great service.

1  Thank Linda E
Reviewed January 31, 2014

First time there and was not disappointed. Brisket was very good and staff was friendly. Jack Perkins, the owner came around and talked to us and had us sample some other meats. All were very tender and tasty. Good smoke flavor. The apple/mint tea was very refreshing. Can't wait to go back and bring some out of town friends there. He has some different kind of beers there also on tap. Can't wait to try them. Get there early it fills up fast.

1  Thank dallasguyDallas
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Tried the ribs, 2 sides and a drink and my total was over $17.00. Man! Perkins sure is proud of his food! The sides were excellent and unique, I will give him that however the ribs were tough as nails. The sauce is like water and flavorless. When challenging him on this point, he says they are fresh. I said, "Tough" and he says the "Meat falls off the bone ribs are stale" well, I always thought the goal of good ribs was tender, juicy and meat falling off the bone. These were undercooked. Maybe it should be called "Fast Bone" then I would come back.

1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch at The Slow Bone. The line moved very fast and we had no trouble finding a table. The brisket was so tender the server just smashed it with his hand to make my companions chopped beef sandwich. The Mac N Cheese was tasty and I enjoyed the giant round hush puppy. The sauce is vinegar based (which I like) but they also had a "hot" version and other things at a serving are that had pickles, onions etc. I will be back

1  Thank dallastraveler03