“Service is Exceptional!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gilford, New Hampshire
“Service is Exceptional!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The service is here is exceptional. We needed a cooler for some food and they brought us a refridgerator to our room. Valet is wonderful. Every staff member we encountered was eager to please and help to ensure our stay was what we were expecting.

Room Tip: Very nice hotel! Got a great price on priceline! $117 a night. The only problem I found was the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to a concert this past weekend in Dallas and decided to splurge and stay a night at this hotel. The room was smallish but very nice. The bar downstairs was great too. Overall service throughout was above and beyond what you normally experience.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank N4017ABmichaelp
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious...bed extremely comfortable and staff was very courteous and friendly. I also have to say thank you for the upgraded room. That was a nice surprise. As we travel to Dallas regularly, this will be my new favorite hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
St Margaret's Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great hotel, fantastic rooms with good facilities, downtown Dallas .
Walking distance to many restaurants and bars.

30 dollars taxi ride to Gas Monkey bar and grill if your interested!

Walking distance to a good park with facilities, food and drink

Room Tip: We travelled in a group with several rooms and no complaints other than the hotel at the time of our...
Green Features: Not sure that we picked up on any of there practices, no signs in the room as you would see in a European hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel was conveniently located and half the price of the lovely Crescent Hotel down the street. The valet charge of $24/day is a bit steep but the valets are very efficient and a car is very nice to have in Dallas. The rooms have comfortable beds and are supplied with a hair dryer, ironing board and iron. Neither the thermostat nor the fan in the room could be adjusted and so the A/C was blowing cold air on my bed all night long. The vents are on the ceiling so they can't be blocked for comfort either. Other than the AC, the hotel was very nice, and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh and taking the time to post this valuable feedback. I was so pleased to see that your experience overall was a good one! I was disappointed to see the A/C system in your guest room seemed to be blowing directly on the bed and effecting your ability to get a good night’s sleep. I have shared your comments with our Engineering team to investigate and try and re-direct the vents.

I do hope you will return to The Stoneleigh and again thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Rated 3/5 due to an apparently pervasive mechanical issue. If you're a sound sleeper, have ear plugs or find the right room, 5/5.

I usually stay at a different hotel in Dallas, but the Stoneleigh was recommended by a close friend for a recent, unexpected stay. I found the hotel easy to access and was impressed with the staff and the rooms: large, modern, up-to-date and well maintained. I was impressed with the size of the bathrooms (although the caulking around the wonderful tub was looking a little worn and cracked, and not all have hooks for towels in close reach) and a well-appointed workout facilities with modern equipment and personal video screens. (A note: there was no cleaning solution to wash down equipment, which was covered in sweat from prior users. Ick.)

But going to bed, I found like another reviewer that the A/C was very loud just outside my room (719) and made it impossible to sleep. The front desk was able to accommodate my request for a new room the next day, after only getting a few hours of interrupted sleep on what was a trying trip. When I went to the new room (708?) I found the noise even worse, this time inside the room. The front desk staff seemed to be surprised by the report, particularly odd as I found later the valet staff said they had heard similar complaints from other guests. I was finally moved to a room with reduced noise (615) and seems that most similar rooms are away from elevators, machinery and ice machines.

The valets, room attendants and waitstaff are excellent: in particular, the young lady who checked me in my first evening was wonderful. If the hotel fixes the ac issue, I would certainly stay there again. Overnight, valet-only parking was extra and expensive... but about what you pay in Dallas. Internet wasn't very fast.

Room Tip: Rooms mid way between the elevators and the end of the hallways seem to be the most quiet. Ice mach...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mthree
Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh and taking the time to post this valuable feedback. I was so pleased to see that your experience overall was a good one but was disappointed to see the A/C system in some of our rooms created unnecessary noise. I have forwarded your detailed comments with room numbers to our Engineering team to investigate and correct these issues immediately. Thank you for including such great details!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Downtown Dallas was full of construction and detours, so needless to say, by the time I pulled up in front of the Stoneleigh, I was ready to be out of the car. The valet had a relaxing and competent demeanor, allowing me to leave my worries behind while he took my car and I checked in.

All of the staff was wonderful, and I was pleased with my room. It was a beautifully decorated corner room with 3 windows (plus one in the bathroom). I love natural light, so this was a plus for me. There was a nice dresser, a desk, and some great comfy chairs with a small table. It was a perfect place to curl up, relax, and get a bit of work done.

Evening room service was quicker than I expected, and the food was excellent. I ate breakfast the next morning in the restaurant, and it, also, was excellent. All of the servers were pleasant and helpful.

This hotel clearly does a great job of training the people who serve the guests, and they all seems to truly love their work. The people, the atmosphere, and location make this a place I will definitely want to stay at again!

Room Tip: I was in a corner room at the end of a hallway...perfect!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business