“Great Groupon Deal BUT....”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Great Groupon Deal BUT....”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Before I get to the cons, lets talk about the pros.

Pros:
Romantic room
Loved the 360 swivel television
Bed was so comfy
Restroom was beautifully designed

Cons
Hair still in shower drain
Water glasses were spotty
We wanted to go swimming but the pool was under construction. This is when it was called The Stoneleigh and was changing into The Meridien.

I bought a one night stay on Groupon, this came with a $40 credit for the mini bar and food.
Me and my boyfriend had a couple small drinks and snacks which equaled a little less than $40 credit.

A couple days later I look at my statement and they said I spent $80 (we shouldn't have paid for anything) from the mini bar! Furious, I called the manager which was never there or around to talk to me, we ended up exchanging emails, asked me to talk to someone else. I went tot he hotel and he wasn't there. Lots of back and forth with this person. I'm not sure who took the rest of the drinks form the mini bar that equaled to twice as much than what I used but it was pretty fishy and VERY unprofessional. I ended up getting only $40 back.

I would go again, but I would be very careful on what you get from the mini bar. These people (the managers then) were sneaky and will deal with you very unprofessionally.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We chose to stay at the Stoneleigh for our anniversary last week, and had a very nice experience. I made our reservations through an online booking service that did not provide a ton of information. I sent an email to the hotel informing them of our visit and that it was our anniversary, and they confirmed the reservation and let me know what type of room we were booked in. Upon arrival, the front desk informed us that we had been upgraded to a junior suite at no additional charge. What a pleasant surprise! When we got to our room, there was a sweet treat waiting for us along with a note congratulating us on our anniversary and letting us know that we had been selected as the "guest of the day." We also received a voucher for a discount in the on-site restaurant - Graze. This was a very nice gesture, and much appreciated!
Some parts of the hotel (exterior) look to still be under renovation, but this did not affect our visit in any way. The hotel and room were very pretty, and definitely upscale. I loved the updated art-deco style, and the bathroom was very vintage chic. Nice deep Kohler tub with tile surround, and pretty marble hexagon tiles on the floor. It was strange that the bed had no top sheet. There was only a fitted sheet, and then a duvet encased in a white sheeting cover. We were too warm with the duvet pulled up, and too cold without it. It would have been nicer if there was a top sheet and lighter blanket on the bed along with the duvet. Housekeeping probably could have brought us an additional sheet or blanket if we had asked, but by that time we were half asleep and couldn't wake up enough to deal with it.
We did eat breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. The buffet was okay, but I think it would have been better to order off the menu, as the food loses some of its quality sitting in the chafing dishes for any period of time.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay, and hope to return again soon!

Room Tip: The junior suite was very large and posh. It included a beautifully upholstered art-deco sofa that c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jckc98
NW Arkansas
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Le Meridien while in Dallas to see some baseball games. The hotel location was fantastic, within walking distance to some great restaurants and bars. We walked around the corner to a fantastic little spot called The Common Table, highly recommend this as well. We had a great breakfast downstairs near the bar in the lobby. Service was great, room was huge with great features such as the swivel TV, sitting area with a couch, comfortable bed and awesome shower. We will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScubaSteve_17
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very nice hotel. Very easy to get to and elegant bar. The room was luxury with great sheets. The food in the restaurant is yummy! Quite expensive but based on the quality and serivce probably normal for this type of hotel. We are travelling between Dallas and Denver and then back to Corpus. We enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I'm not in the mood to write a full review so I will point out the main positives and negatives.

Positives:
restaurant
bed was very comfortable
pillows were great
fully stocked mini bar

Cons:
Room was very small
not enough towels
soaps, shampoo, etc were sub par
ice bucket was ridiculously tiny
bathroom exhaust fan didn't work (wasn't one)
*free breakfast wasn't free

Room Tip: Make sure you ask how to use those free breakfast credits because our service person didn't know...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex K
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh! I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your experience. Thank you as well for providing feedback on where we could have improved your experience.

We do hope you choose to return to see us!

Kind Regards,
seattle
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had an unexpected overnight in Dallas. I got a nice rate on the Hotel tonight app. The bed was very comfortable. The room was a nicely redecorated. I was very pleased with my stay. The only downside was the required valet parking with subsequent fee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. Well located within easy access to downtown or the main highways. Very attractive and chic Lobby, restaurant, bar and guest rooms. The staff members that we interacted with were all extremely helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and well appointed with a very large closet and a modern bathroom. My only complaint would be the lack of a top sheet on the bed. There is a fitted sheet and a duvet with a cover. This might appear to save money in purchasing and washing top sheets but it actually forced us to turn the AC much lower than comfortable in order to be able to cover ourselves with the hot duvet. Bad idea. Our room was next to an elevator and we were bothered by the constant "ding" on the first night. After that we just turned the fan to the ON position and this created enough "white noise" to cancel out the outside noises. Otherwise it was a very enjoyable stay. We reserved the room at a rate much lower than the advertised rate so it was a very good deal.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator which "dings" constantly.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh! I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon!