“Issues, lack of oversight, lack of concern, regardless of renovations, Hotel has no character or warmth at all!”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Birthday staycation, lovely 2 days planned. Valet though it was cold, was abrupt and short. No direction as to were to go since a good portion of the hotel is draped off for renovations. Again review has ALOT to do about the lack of service, not the renovations at all. Room is comfortable and roomy, amenities are abundant, bed comfortable. The whole "BE GREEN" in regards to the bulbs is crazy. ALL of the light bulbs had to be changed out because they would not stop flickering most of the night. THE one bright spot was the maintenance staff at night. They were aware of some of the rooms having the same problem, one even mentioned "these are new bulbs that were just replaced" Housekeeping not through at all. Stains on floors, wet wash cloths still on the floor, and trash not complete. Room service. Could you please find someone with experience in speaking and not talking over the guest. Order was wrong with the ice cream, burger was not cooked as requested, fries were dead on arrival, and the Coffee???? lets just say is was room temperature. From the previous responses left by the management of the hotel, I anticipate a detached, emotionless response. Its not if you encounter a issue, problem, the ISSUE is what does a person or company do when when a concern or problem happens, there is when you see the ability of a person, and the character of a hotel come out....well this hotel sadly, has no character, no warmth, depth, or any cause to care......at all. When the renovations are complete, one can only hope they do the same for the staff.

Room Tip: corner rooms overlooking maple are better.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your stay. I appreciate the detailed feedback you took the time to write and I apologies that these service issues negatively impacted your stay. I have forwarded this information on to the management team to be addressed.

We will be done with our renovations at the end of January and hope to see you back at The Stoneleigh to try us again.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I will definitely stay at the Le Meridien again! Very convenient valet parking under canopy.
Friendly staff; from valet personnel to food-service attendants.
My fiance' and I booked this hotel at the last minute after travel plans changed.
The Customer Service we experienced was impeccable; from the phone-reservation to our "in-person" experience with everyone whom we encountered---up until to our departure!!
The atmosphere is quiet and upscale; yet homey.
We will be staying there as often as we can get away.
The rates are reasonable and there are plenty of great restaurants within the general vicinity. But, if you don't feel like getting out, just order up room-service which is what we did for most of our stay.
Great portions of food for the money if you decide to go with that option.
The Le Meridien is HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: I would ask for a corner room/suite which is what we had. It was spacious and separation of the liv...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yolanda R
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh! I was thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My stay was for business. Worked nights and tried to sleep during the day. Hotel is under renovations which did not make for sleeping as they were hammer drilling on the outside near the room. Went to the workout room the display on the elliptical was not working right. They TV in the room was placed 20 feet from the bed which was hard to see although there was not much to choose from on the very basic channels unless you paid extra for other services and the charge for Wi-Fi was a little much as well! They offered a $5.00 a day coupon if I skipped daily room service to stay GREEN which they could not give me when I left because they did not have any of them to offer me. The only GREEN they got was from me!

Room Tip: Make sure the renovations are done!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.

We do hope we will see you again soon.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here with my husband while I was in Dallas for a couple work meetings and a little R&R. The hotel is being renovated and it appears it will be beautiful once all the work is complete. I appreciated the attention to detail in the room decor. The room itself was huge and featured both a sleeping area and a couch/seating area that was separated by a large console with a television that rotated. There was even a walk-in closet! Staff at the hotel were pleasant and helpful throughout our visit.

A few disappointments: Noise from the construction woke us up early on the first day, but was not really a problem the rest of the time. We agree with other reviewers who said the walls seemed very thin. Also, the wi-fi situation was confusing. We thought it was free, but saw a screen with a $15 per night charge, so we declined. Same goes for the parking fee, but I guess $24 per night wasn't too bad considering in Chicago the going rate is around $50 per night!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Jackson, TN
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was very disappointed. This was supposed to be a upscale hotel. Instead they charged for Wi-Fi ($15/night) when other hotels provide for free, $24 per night parking, overpriced movies, and overpriced room service. Their was no concierge to help find restaurants. As recommended, I e-mailed the manager with my concerns and didn't receive the courtesy of a reply. The room was nice and large, but only had desk chairs, no comfortable chairs. When I asked for a cab, they told me to take a hotel limo which was "a little more than a regular cab". When I took a cab back it was half the hotel's cab fee. There are many more hotels in the downtown Dallas area and I recommend that you use one of them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Texstud
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was dissapointed to see you did not enjoy your stay. We are undergoing renovations to improve our space and I apologize if this work negatively impacted your stay.

I hope you will choose to try us again soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was here for an extended stay. The staff were impeccable and accommodating. Received an upgrade to a king suite and a bill credit just because they thought I might be disturbed by an event that I wasn't told about in advance of my stay (I wasn't disturbed but I appreciate their proactive approach). The valet was attentive and courteous as were all the staff. They are in the midst of a lobby renovation but who cares? I didn't stay in the lobby, I stayed in an incredible room with an incredible view. The food in the restaurant was like the food everywhere I went in Dallas - a lot of it, made freshly, very tasty and good value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and again. I have to point out however, that they have internet but it is not free - $14.95 per day. There is no kitchenette unless you have that level suite. There was a coffeemaker in the room. You must use valet service - there is no nearby parking.

Room Tip: The only night I heard any noise from the city was on new year's eve. I only heard sirens 1 nigh...
Green Features: Clean rooms, recycle container in the room. The room temperature was automatic but was warm on cold days and cool on warm days. I didn't have to touch the control at all. They encourage you to reuse towels by giving a bill credit when you do so.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rachel X
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Houston
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Gorgeous renovation of this historic beauty. Too bad the front desk staff is inept and not up the the standards of this class of hotel. Upon checkin it seemed as if I was disturbing them during their personal time and that it was an imposition to assign my room and acknowledge my platinum status. There is not a culture of service, hospitality or accommodation in the staff training program for this hotel. Hopefully, they will recruit some new help to fix this issue. Breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel was fantastic. Service again was lackluster. I will give them another try but can't say it was a "great" experience. At the time of my stay, the only parking option was valet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank RyanL99
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon!