“Not a cookie cutter hotel!”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #45 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I loved the decor and architecture of this hotel. The parking valet was very friendly and helpful. I liked the layout of the room. My room was large with a divider in the middle. The TV was on the divider and it easily swiveled all the way around so you could watch from the bed or the living area.
The bathroom was very clean, white tile with black accents. Nice furnishings in living area - very plush. Wish I had been able to stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience some of the comforts of our beautiful hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits where you can enjoy all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Kind Regards-GM-EB

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Not sure if all of the rooms were like this, but I had a fantastic corner room. It was so spacious, it felt like a condo. Massive, tile and granite bathroom. Nice toiletries. Seems it even had a heated towel rack. Was that my imagination? Perhaps. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Staff was very helpful.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at the Stoneleigh a few times over the years and always were pleased with the quality of the hotel. Now that Le Meridien has taken over, it has transcended from "stately" to "hip". The person who posted that it is noisy must have been staying on a floor with a wedding party. The hotel does have some really classy vintage rooms on the top floor that are a perfect setting for weddings and wedding parties.

If you like boutique hotels, and appreciate the Uptown Dallas location, this is an excellent choice. If you prefer to spend $400 per night for something only slightly grander, you can go just a couple blocks east to the Crescent or the Ritz Carlton. We have stayed at the Ritz, the Crescent, and the ZaZa, but we come back to the Le Meridien Stoneleigh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Dallas! We, too, are happy that you selected our hotel and had the opportunity to enjoy the rich history of the Le Meridien Dallas-the Stoneleigh. We hope you enjoyed all that Dallas has to offer, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Kind regards.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here two nights and enjoyed the stay. The lobby areas and restaurant were lovely and I had a beautiful view of the Dallas skyline out my window. I was alone on business so I had meals in the informal area near the bar each night and the food was good and the staff were friendly. The place is very clean and attractive, but the mattress on my bed seemed worn and and uncomfortable. I would stay here again, however.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh! I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments concerning your sheets and bedding on to the management team for review.

Thank you for providing us this valuable feedback and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a quick "staycation" in the Dallas area at this hotel and were very impressed. Although I booked through a third-party, the front desk was willing to add my elite status to the reservation and give us complimentary drinks to celebrate our anniversary! That was a great start to our weekend.

The room (Jr. Suite) was very spacious, especially for the location and history of the building. The two "rooms" were really just one, separated by a television (and large dresser) that rotated around, so you could watch tv from the "living room" and the "bedroom". The bathroom was fantastic, large enough and with a olden times theme. What we really noticed about the room was how clean and well maintained it was -- every corner, walls, carpet, couch, bed, etc. were very clean and the room had 3 windows, which brought a lot of light into the room.

Yes -- there is some noise, but you are not in the suburbs. You are in the city and there are a few restaurants/bars within 2 minute walking distance, so it is expected. I am originally from Chicago, so it had a nice city feel to it. But it was nothing that was out of the ordinary.

If you need to be in the Uptown area and need a change from the cookie cutter feel of some other hotels, this would be a place I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your experience with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I was happy with uptown location but was very disappointed with the noise all night long on the floor and pillows are terrible- I tried to book spa services but gave up after 3 tries to call and speak to the spa- not a professional way to respond to a customer

• Stayed: August 2013
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience. I have forwarded your comments concerning the noise to the hotel team for review.

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am writing this review in the lobby since I am UNABLE to check-in and the front desk staff are rude and condescending to guests. I have been exiled onto the couch while they try to "figure it out".

I have stayed here once before and the EXACT problem happened. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I travel weekly and came into Dallas today for one evening. I travel for work and so everything is set up with planning and precision. We do this EVERY WEEK. The travel agent books the room, the office sets up the payment and I check in. It works every place, including the Hyatt Regency in Austin I was just at last night. Never do I encounter problem with that whole operation, EXCEPT when I come to Stoneleigh.

If you are a traveler expecting polite, respectful, helpful staff - this is not your hotel. Their admin operation is clearly not in order, as it requires multiple attempts and calls to even get them to response to basic requests. AND even after you have everything set up and confirmed, don't believe them, because they are just trying to get you off their back. They will act surprised and than blame it on you immediately.

So I am here now, waiting unpleasantly for them to go through the whole process of payment authorization for the room AGAIN. But at least I get to be talked down to while I am waiting. I am so excited already with the level of hospit... I mean hostility I am experiencing. Good thing I am leaving tomorrow, and it is back to the Omni Dallas or W Dallas next time.

"Never Again"

P.S. I am no longer sitting by myself, as there is another guest who has been "exiled" to the lobby couch with me by the reception staff. At least she is confirming that the front desk staff (both of them) clearly have an attitude. My fellow traveler is now moving to the Westin Galleria, maybe I should follow her.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Samuel C

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I am dissapointed to read about your experience and I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments for review.

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback.