“Nice location but very loud at night and bring your own pillows”

Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
Ranked #44 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I was happy with uptown location but was very disappointed with the noise all night long on the floor and pillows are terrible- I tried to book spa services but gave up after 3 tries to call and speak to the spa- not a professional way to respond to a customer

• Stayed: August 2013
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience. I have forwarded your comments concerning the noise to the hotel team for review.

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am writing this review in the lobby since I am UNABLE to check-in and the front desk staff are rude and condescending to guests. I have been exiled onto the couch while they try to "figure it out".

I have stayed here once before and the EXACT problem happened. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I travel weekly and came into Dallas today for one evening. I travel for work and so everything is set up with planning and precision. We do this EVERY WEEK. The travel agent books the room, the office sets up the payment and I check in. It works every place, including the Hyatt Regency in Austin I was just at last night. Never do I encounter problem with that whole operation, EXCEPT when I come to Stoneleigh.

If you are a traveler expecting polite, respectful, helpful staff - this is not your hotel. Their admin operation is clearly not in order, as it requires multiple attempts and calls to even get them to response to basic requests. AND even after you have everything set up and confirmed, don't believe them, because they are just trying to get you off their back. They will act surprised and than blame it on you immediately.

So I am here now, waiting unpleasantly for them to go through the whole process of payment authorization for the room AGAIN. But at least I get to be talked down to while I am waiting. I am so excited already with the level of hospit... I mean hostility I am experiencing. Good thing I am leaving tomorrow, and it is back to the Omni Dallas or W Dallas next time.

"Never Again"

P.S. I am no longer sitting by myself, as there is another guest who has been "exiled" to the lobby couch with me by the reception staff. At least she is confirming that the front desk staff (both of them) clearly have an attitude. My fellow traveler is now moving to the Westin Galleria, maybe I should follow her.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Samuel C

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I am dissapointed to read about your experience and I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments for review.

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Accommodations were about what I expected. I have traveled extensively for business and pleasure over the years. This property & Management have serious issues with overcharges & billing. Filter the poor, terrible & average reviews and you will find a pattern of overcharging & billing issues that are not addressed in a timely manner. I stayed for 2 night 3rd week in June. I expect to pay a premium for mini bar items but $6 for a can of diet soda??? $4 for a generic bottled water??? really??? LOL, Then the kicker just occurred 6 weeks after my stay. An significant unexplained charge on my Credit Card a full 6 weeks after my stay. It took 3 calls & left messages before someone returned my call & after researching did credit the charge as a mistake but made excuses blaming the 3rd part booking site. Really??? Totally unacceptable. If you use a 3rd part booking site get your S#!t together. I wonder how many people get these charges & don't notice???? hmmm, Buyer Beware, disappointed, will not return or recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I am sorry to see your comments concerning billing problems not only while you were here but after departure. I have brought this to the attention of our Accounting team to be addressed.

We do hope you will return to The Stoneleigh in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I had 2 nights at Le Meridien The Stoneleigh and it was fantastic stay. I'm a gold SPG and without asking was upgraded to a junior suite on the 4th floor. The hotel itself is divine! It's very Art Deco with the lobby and bar areas gorgeously decorated with a very sophisticated vibe. My junior suite was beautiful...the furnishings simply gorgeous with a huge bathroom with massive walk in shower. Bed was incredibly comfortable.
The location is great, stunning Crecent Court home to the amazing boutique department store Stanley Korshak is 5min walk and Katy trail is 5 mins walk away if you're looking for a great trail for a walk or run.

• Stayed: August 2013
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback! It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the local attractions of the area. Thank you for your loyal patronage to Starwood Hotels and we hope to have you return in the near future. All the best! Kind Regards-

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I checked into this hotel on a Sunday afternoon for 1 night in August 2013 and it was my first time staying at this hotel. Upon check in I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and my experience was wonderful from arrival to departure. The hotel is very charming and when you walk into the lobby it’s well appointed and relaxing, yet also upscale with a touch of a modern feel. I didn’t find anything in the hotel that seemed worn or needing repair. This seemed to be more of a “Luxury Collection” SPG property.

The staff were very welcoming and I enjoyed my room very much. The Jr Suite was large and stylish. The air conditioning worked well and the bed was comfortable.

I did need to use the business center and they have 2 computers available for use and you can also print. Access and printing is at no charge which is always a nice surprise.
The only down side is the construction taking place next to the hotel. Obviously, this cannot be controlled by the hotel. I was on the opposite side of the hotel but could hear all the beeping of the trucks and all of the noise on Monday morning. Once the construction is over, I would not hesitate at all to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was large, modern and very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GM-LMDTS, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our charming hotel and guest service. I will be sure to share your great comments with the Team! Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to be your home away from home. Best Regards - General Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Front desk staff was very accommodating and upgraded our room to a junior suite as we were celebrating our anniversary. Glorious old hotel on a quiet street in uptown. Small but comfortable bar. Great breakfast, although they could have used more staff to wait on the tables.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our front desk staff to be very helpful. I was disappointed to hear about your restaurant experience and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will share your feedback with our team, so that we can look into the situation and prevent it from happening again in the future. We hope to welcome you back soon! Kind Regards -

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hotel staff would not accept responsibility for mistakes and tried to blame hotels.com for everything. We paid for a king size room and were not told by male employee who checked us that we were downgraded to a queen size room but still at the same price as a king size room. Only discovered this when we got to the room.

After the hotel tried to blame its problems on hotels.com we sucked it up and settled in for the night. As predicted at 7 am the noisy construction started outside and we were woken up. If it wasn't for the construction, it would have been the phone. The phone rang and when picked up the other end hung up. When we left to checkout we didn't get asked "how was your stay?" Or even a "have a nice day, thank you for staying here." The hotel is in nice condition with comfortable accommodations but the staff and management is in need of a costly renovation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
wdchotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to see your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. I have passed your feedback on to the Management team for review and improvement. Thank you for taking the team to share your thoughts on your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh soon.