“Fun Hotel, Fantastic Restaurant”
Review of Hotel St. Germain

Hotel St. Germain
Ranked #3 of 23 Dallas B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed in Suite 2. This is quaint hotel and a voyage back to provencial France. All the antiques and furnishings, wow! We were greated with old time keys for our room, a cheese and champagne tray waited in the room. The service was fantastic. We stayed and had dinner here, an unbelievable 8 course meal. You must try their fresh baked bread and homemade french pralines. St Germain is located in the heart of Dallas, near the Arts District and lots of other restaurants. It is a little pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion. We took advantage of it for an wedding anniversary night away.

Room Tip: Look at their website, all are listed with their decor and price. We had suite 2 and loved it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LT_Dallas

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We have been at the hotel for dinner two out of three of the last New Year's Eve celebrations and the food has been fantastic. We are very much looking forward to this New Year's Eve as well. The service has been wonderful in the past.

We almost lucked into a suite for this New Years after a last minute cancelation, but it did not work out. Our loss, we will try for next year. If we do not go to the Carribean for our anniversary this year, we will definetely try for a suite here in May of next year. They even allow pets!

We can only say the food has been wonderful and can not wait to actually stay there and experience one of the suites. A very wonderful experience so far.

Sharon

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank carrbtraveler
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Having visited numerous high quality hotels on 3 continents I can say without equivocation that our suite was the most spotlessly clean ever experienced. The beautiful drapery, magnificent French antique furnishings, and overall attention to detail within the suite was magnificent.
Chosen as one of the best restaurants in America by Zagat Survey, I can attest to the excellent French cuisine offered in the dining room. Dinner is a candlelit dining experience accompanied by silver and Limoges china served by white gloved waiters. A truly elegant evening leaving one with fond memories of how life should be lived.

The proprietor Claire Heymann deserves the accolades she has received from the press. Special mention goes to Cathryn the receptionist as well as the French Head Waiter, Christian.

Room Tip: Suite # 3 is simply maginificent.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mdalainduna
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Had dinner/party and stayed overnight on New Year's Eve at this hotel. Had never been, and though we live in Dallas, just wanted a night away from our regular routine. The hotel is so beautiful, I would have been content to just walk around in it and relax in its rooms. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was beautiful and the bed comfortable. The dinner was excellent - there were a few small glitches with the wait staff but nothing they couldn't (and did) fix right away. The band was unbelievable, four amazingly talented people. The experience was so personal, since it dancing and dining were in the dining room, which had been re-arranged to allow for the dancing. A lot of fun, too. I was anxious before our stay, because it was a big splurge for us and I was afraid it wouldn't live up to my expectations but it exceeded them.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fannan2003
Reviewed January 14, 2008

This hotel is simply superb and their attention to detail and personal service is fantastic. My girl friend and I had gotten engaged the night before and I surprised her with dinner and the night here. There was a personalized note in our room, at dinner and our menus were personalized also. The decor is very romantic and the rooms are full of European antique furniture. A plate of fresh fruit and cheese was waiting for us in our room along with a complimentary glass of champagne.

I believe the Dallas Morning News gives the restaurant 4 or 4.5 stars and it is well worth it. The waiters wear white gloves while serving and the food is excellent. The next morning we asked that our breakfast be served in our room. Home made pastries and bread- yum!!

This small and unique hotel is perfect for romantic evenings and or special occasions.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank SaxyfromAubrey
Reviewed February 20, 2006

My wife and I spent our wedding night at Hotel St. Germain. It was absolutely perfect! I cannot imagine a more beautiful room, romantic atmosphere and helpful staff. We are planning to dine and spend the night there again on our first anniversary. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Etienne_Renard
Reviewed February 15, 2006

I can't begin to say enough good things about this wonderful hotel. The staff is superb, elegant without being stuffy, and it is simply the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The personalized attention to detail was the best I've ever experienced, and I've stayed at other very nice hotels all over the world. Upon arrival to our room the first night, the butler brought us complimentary glasses of champagne.

The food was excellent. We had dinner in the restaurant 2 times, even though the menu didn't change! The room-service breakfasts were delicious, with fresh-baked rolls and pastries, a nice quiche, and fresh-cut fruit. We always had a snack of Brie cheese or something similar, along with crackers and fruit, waiting in our room in the afternoons, and that was always a welcome treat!

The only thing I could even think of to complain about is that the rooms aren't exactly soundproof, as you can sometimes hear the comings and goings of others in the hallway.

I'm hoping to get back to Dallas soon so I can stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business