Tripadvisor
Dallas
3,069 results
All reviews french room rodeo bar beautiful historic hotel classic hotel neiman marcus room service walk in closet lobby bar heart of downtown valet parking sitting area rooftop pool rooms are large convention center concierge escalator doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cosmo the bartender is ABSOLUTELY amazing! His drinks are top notch and he will make anything. His knowledge of drinks and how to make them are stunning. He’s a great conversationalist and has been working for this hotel for over 27 years. Highly highly HIGHLY recommend you stop in for a drink.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SKhayer, Director Of Front Office at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello marksN4848ZW,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to see the five star review and Cosmo our amazing bartender getting mentioned by name. Cosmo is a seasoned veteran when making specialty cocktails and takes pride in what he does. Please come by and see us again and don't forget to tell your friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were here for a volleyball tournament at the convention center, and I LOVE staying at this beautiful hotel. The lobby and rooms are gorgeous, and the staff is friendly and professional. Leigh Annah Lane at the front desk was so helpful and personal. I remember her helping us when we stayed here six months ago which really says something as we travel quite a bit. If you want a beautiful historic hotel with updated amenities, stay here!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello vb4mo,

Thank you for the five star review and positive feedback. Leigh Annah at the front desk is amazing with our guests, I am glad she was able to to take care of you. Thank you again for continuing to stay with us, I know we will see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Traveling to attend market it is always challenging to find a hotel that fits into my travel plans. From the moment I walked into the Adolphus I knew I made the right choice. The lobby had stunning old world charm. Emily who greeted us at the front desk was very professional and personable.
After a long day at market it was so relaxing to come back to the beautifully remodeled upscale room.
Having many restaurants within walking distance was also a plus.
I travel to Dallas several times a year and the Adolphus will definitely be where I will stay!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello GeisWert,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and the five star review! I am delighted we were able to make your travels enjoyable, especially after a long day. We are very proud of what the hotel has become after the renovations and take equal pride in delivering service that matches. Your feedback was shared with Emily who was thankful you mentioned her by name. Thank you again for choosing us and making us your home away from home.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2020

As a very frequent Marriott rewards traveler I was originally attracted to the Adolphus due to their Marriott affinity. However, once I stepped inside, I realized THIS was "Marriott PLUS". An unbelievably beautiful (and unique) property separates the Adolphus from most other (Marriott) properties.

But what spurred this review was not the unique beauty of the property, but the unique customer service I received in my most recent stay. Most specifically, my interactions with Jenna, the Overnight Front Desk Manager so far exceeded the expectations of this 'almost weekly' traveler that it grabbed my attention and didn't let go throughout my entire three-day stay.

I arrived with a complex, multiple day, multiple stay mess of reservations, given some confusion on my company's side of the initial reservations. Jenna met me at the front desk and from then on, just kept trying to make not only THIS stay, but FUTURE stays the most cost-effective it could be for me.

Even though she was my point of contact in all this, this wasn't just a 'single person' effort. Before we were done, it was clear that at least five different Adolphus associate were all involved in this 'project'.

The net result was that she/they saved my client quite a bit of money on this stay, upgraded my visit to a delightful level, secured a future rate that will be very attractive to my client AND, most importantly, pretty much guaranteed that if I'm EVER in Dallas, the Adolphus will be the very first place I plan to stay.

Let's be clear - I travel just about every week. I've NEVER felt the need to write a tripadvisor review. This experience was SO positive, I felt I had to share it.

If you ever find yourself in Dallas, do yourself a favor...Stay at the Adolphus.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello MichaelResoFaci,

Thank you for the the positive detailed review. Our team was very thankful when this review was shared with them, and I thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. I know you will be in good hands again when we see you on the next occasion. Thank you so much for making us your go to hotel while in Dallas.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

I did not realize that The Adolphus and The French Room has undergone a complete, tasteful renovation and update since the days of floral chintz...the hotel remains lovely in an understated, modern way while retaining its historical character. They did save the creaky, very charming old elevators...our room for two nights was in the more modern addition, and everything was clean and comfortable, with every amenity you could want. Our group of four ate a dinner and two breakfasts in the Bistro downstairs, and everyone was impressed with every entree. The duck confit omelette and eggs Benedict with tomato hollandaise were favorites. They allowed us to order a magnum from the French Room wine list, which we appreciated. The concierge Andrew took great care of us, and assisted with dinner reservations off the property-he even escorted us to his favorite neighborhood Italian place. You will be well taken care of at this historic hotel. If you are looking for a good hang-out, the bar and lounge areas were hopping at night!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello momsuptoolate,

Thank you for the five star review! I see you enjoyed the hotel and the services in many ways. We are very happy with the renovations, I thank you for reaffirming that! We take pride in food & beverage at our hotel as we do not want simple offerings. Our food and beverage team was delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself while dining with us and Andrew our concierge continues to set the gold standard with his level of care and recommendations. He also appreciated the feedback. Thank you again for staying with us, I know we will see you again. Until then.