“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
dallas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Had a wonderful time at the hotel. Staff, service, food, and room were all extraordinary. Would recommend for business and leisure travle to anyone. Terrific value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alpat79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Teague, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I love history, this is a step back in time ! Upon checking in I was told of a ghost on the 19th floor, a bride that was left at the altar in the early 1900's. Well.... my stay was on the 17th, thank goodness. My room to the view & the dining experience was perfection !! Looking forward to my next visit....TO PERFECTION !!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sadiebugfriend
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

The staff were helpful and friendly, a couple of the girls at the front desk were quite easy on the eye too... The rooms were good, only downer was that the wireless internet dropped out quite a bit in the second room (I stayed here twice) which got quite annoying. For some reason all the hotels in Dallas are quite expensive, so the value isn't too bad when it's all compared. If you get a cab in Dallas make sure they know where you want to go, a lot of them seem to have absolutely no basic geography and I found myself having to give them directions from my own map! This isn't a fault of the hotel's however but I did catch these taxis out the front.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Archer83
Norman, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Our arrival at the hotel was ok. We checked in without any problems. Jerry, the concierge, took our bags to the room and was very helpful. He was the only quality aspect of this hotel. Certainly the rooms were attractive although the headboard on one of our beds was broken. The drain in the sink would not open either. Overall the room was just average. The beds were average and the furnishings were average. My biggest complaint is that we were nickel and dimed for everything. A 20 oz. bottle of soda was $3 and Jerry advised us to get our drinks and snacks at the convenience store behind the hotel. There was no social hour in the evening or anything like that, not even coffee in the lobby, just bad coffee in the little pot in our room. The computer was 10cents per minute and printing was 49cents a page and you had to swipe your credit card just to get the computer to turn on. We tried to call the front desk several times and were put on hold and gave up waiting every time, even Jerry gave up when he called from the room to ask a question when we checked in. This was a cheap hotel for a very high price. I would not recommend it unless you qualify as an honored guest, otherwise they don't have time for you. The last straw was when we found out they charged $24 per night for parking and the valets who parked the cars hovered with hands out as we got in and out of the car when we checked in and out. If we had driven around a lot requiring them to get our car and park it several times I might have been a bit less irritated. Again, unless you can afford one of the elite rooms don't bother.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

The room was very large and comfortable. I love the walk-in closet and very large bathroom. Room was spacious even with the 2 queen beds.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank drpryor4662
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

This was my wife and I's second stay at the Adolphus in about three weeks. The first had been just a one night stay when we'd tried to pick up a vehicle we'd purchased online. We were so smitten by the gracious and attentive staff that we had to stay there the second time when we actually got the vehicle (with a new transmission). This time we took our 6yr old daughter as well.

I honestly can't say enough about the people here...John in the Rodeo Bar, Paul at the front desk, and Sandoval (I apologize if the names not spot on) who was the Concierge the first time we stayed there...all were exceptional and very personable. My daughter adored Paul and loved talking to him about the animals in his native Zimbabwe.

The food at the Bistro was very good, room service was prompt and courteous, and next time we visit we'll eat at the French Room (there will definitely be a "next time"). The location is great in downtown just a block from Nieman-Marcus and fairly close to the West End and the Dallas World Aquarium & Zoo. When you consider that the rooms at the Adolphus were less expensive than the rooms at the nearest Holiday Inn...it's a real no brainer to stay there.

Try the Adolphus...I know I'm very glad that we did...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Kstoddyb
Fort Davis Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary after staying there on our wedding night in
1970. Great place to stay and I thought the price was extremely reasonable. Will go back
when I can.