The Adolphus, Autograph Collection
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$184
$169
2,746 results
All reviewsfrench roomrodeo barbeautiful historic hotelclassic hotelneiman marcusroom servicewalk in closetlobby barvalet parkingjunior suiteheart of downtownsitting arearooms are largean older hotelrooftop poolconvention centerconcierge
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is not the usual hotel that I choose. Normally I'm in the modern hotel, free wifi, and a swimming pool. But this time I didn't make the reservations. That being said, this place is incredibly nice, just not my taste. But that's not why I gave it 4 stars. I did that for some of the details listed in the last paragraph.

Pros: The lobby is impressive. In fact I spent more time lounging in the lobby than I did collectively in my room. The valet was quick. The fitness center was large enough to accommodate many runners. I liken my room to visiting my well to do uncle's house. Things are fancy, you feel like you shouldn't touch anything, and it's because you can tell that the stuff is expensive. Lamps and other furniture look to be several decades old but timeless in style. The bed was comfortable.

Now the cons: Don't charge for wifi. Especially don't charge $11/day. Seems greedy. The shower had low water pressure and of all the "fancy" fixtures, this one was lacking. My first night I reached for a towel that was dirty and had a rip in it... bad luck perhaps, but still on the gross side for how nice the hotel is. The only place that I saw other than the restaurant and bar to get a drink was the fitness center. I'm not looking for a coke machine, I'm just looking for water or ice. Why is that such a big deal? Because the bathroom didn't have cold water. Both hot and cold knobs produced hot water. A trivial detail but Dallas in July sometimes you want to drink cold water. Lastly, my wife and I booked our rooms at the same time (and at the same price) as some friends of ours. Their room was larger and nicer. Something seems off about that. I realize there are always nicer rooms but I was a little jealous of our friends. I wonder if they had cold water too...

Would I come back here? Chances are low.

Room Tip: Bring bottled water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tripaj
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments and instructive feedback. We appreciate both very much.

All the best,

Reviewed July 23, 2014

What a grand hotel. Centered downtown within walking distance of most activities is this jewel of a hotel. It is about a 30 minute drive from the airport. Nice rooms, comfortable, beds, attentive staff. There is a real nice restaurant- the French Room if you are really hungry. There is a cowboy bar and grille for regular food and a great buffet breakfast in the Bistro. There is a car at your service for short distances. Would stay here again. Great for business.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments.

We appreciate your mentioning The French Room, too. It is equally splendid and charming.

Guests love the convenience and luxury of our sedan service, which covers a three-mile radius of the hotel.

Our management and staff look forward to your next visit.

Cordially,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

i loved loved loved this hotel. my room was GORGEOUS. no cookie cutter crappy furniture, i felt like i was a guest in an historic mansion. and the sheets... oh the sheets. i have never stolen anything from a hotel, but after pulling mine out searching for the tag, only to find they were exclusive to the adolphus, i thought about it. i am an unapologetic snob when it comes to linens, i don't skimp on my own and these had me drooling and contemplating larceny.

if you're ever in dallas, do what you have to do to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

It's a joy to read that you love The Adolphus. Your description of the hotel as an historic mansion is apt.

We are delighted that you - as an expert on bed linens - approve of our luxury bedding. It was personally chosen by our managing director, who has equally high standards.

Thank you for your high praise!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

After you have checked in and put your bags down, go to the bar. How do I say this and it still be taken as a complement - the bar reminds me of the elegant bar in "The Shining". Imagine lots of wood and plants, high, high ceilings, tapestries on the walls. If you are not impressed by this then you are so rich and jaded you probably have someone else reading the reviews for you. The hallways inexplicable have lots of turns and side hallways that make you feel like you are in a rabbit warren but you don't sleep in the hallways. The rooms are beautiful and impressive and the bathrooms are great. You will be very close to cool clubs and nice restaurants.

Room Tip: As you might expect the higher floors have a better view but the wow factor here is the hotel interior, not so much the views (which are not bad).
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate knowing that you are impressed with The Adolphus and its splendor.

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our guest rooms and public spaces. Well said!

Our location is terrific, with easy access to an amazing variety of entertainment venues.

We hope you will return, again, soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Adolphus Hotel is in the heart of downtown Dallas and is quite old and old fashioned. It was fun walking in the doors and feeling like time had gone back a hundred years. Of course, because it's an older hotel, there was a musty and dampness to the air inside, so it kicked up my allergy response.

However, it was an interesting stay and I wouldn't mind going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are delighted that you want to return.

Until then, best wishes,