“After all these years”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay this week.once again I am traveling on business and decided to stay here based on my travel agents recommendation.
The staff are nothing less then excellent. From the person taking your car,the bellhop,front desk and the persons answering the phones when you call an extension. I found the staff stellar which is unusual these days.

I ordered almost all my meals via room service. Every meal was served with first class service and great staff. I honestly don't get to say that this often! Everyone dresses the part looking professional and knew what they were doing.

Now the food,

The room service cart is old school but done perfectly from having flowers during your meal (real) to clean silverware,glasses etc...

The food was excellent. I know that some of my meals not sure how much,came from the French room kitchen.
My breakfast eggs over easy were hot and cooked perfect,the soups that I had were so full of flavor.(chicken azteca soup and the Black Bean) another dish worth noting was a grilled stuffed Jalapeños. These were fresh jalapeño's nice and spicy too,stuffed with a little cheese and chicken wrapped lightly in bacon and grilled. They were cooked and tasted perfect.

Why stay here?

The hotel,service and food is excellent. I felt guilty giving 4 stars and decided to give 5.location is perfect if you like to run in an area that has lots of views. The workout room is also above average.the room in which I stayed was cleaned and well maintained. Very enjoyable room.

Why not stay here?

If you don't like classic experience of a hotel which has English decor then this might not be for you. Now a days people look for that very modern look. I myself will always choose hotels of this style since it is an experience that is lost in the hotel world.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Adolphus so thoroughly. We appreciate the compliments.

Your insight will certainly help other travelers to determine whether our hotel will suit their needs.

Our staff is especially grateful for your praise. They take great pride in their service and are delighted to learn that they impressed you. Thank you, too, for highlighting our room service; it is, as you noted, first-class.

We hope you will come back to see us.

Cordially,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at The Adolphus with a friend who was attending a conference. I understand the hotel is 100 years old, but it needs an update badly. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk was cold and unwelcoming. I did not take pictures of the layer of dust on the curtains in my room because I was embarrased that we didn't ask for another one. The bathroom was brown and ugly, the bed was actually comfortable, but all of the furniture was worn and old-and not old from being 100 years old, but because it needed to be replaced! Two seperate days I went down to speak to the Conceirge for shopping and dining recommendations and they were not available and no where to be seen. I asked the front desk for suggestions and she stopped me before I could finish my sentence! And said to ask the conceirge desk, since they were not available, she suggested I speak to Tony the doorman, who thank goodness introduced me to the driver of the complimentary car. One night it was a little after 10, so room service was closed but I just wanted to warm up my leftover lunch. Room Service said they would have a microwave sent to my room! Wow! 30 mins later I called back, spoke to a lady that had no clue what I was talking about, but she did inform me that someone would be calling me back. No microwave. No one called me back. I would not stay at the Adolphus again even with the new renovation. They need to hire a new staff with personality and manners. I would go back to eat at The French Room and to thank the driver for his wonderful service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank signmeu
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for your disappointments.

Thank you for your compliments, in spite of our flaws.

It is out of character for our staff to be anything but kind and gracious, as countless TripAdvisor reviews attest.

We appreciate your feedback and will learn from our mistakes.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Got a great rate and wondered why. Exceptional staff and service from valet, twice service and room service. Registration desk also customer focused and helpful at all hours. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

How very kind of you to express your appreciation for our staff. They are exceptional people who are devoted to outstanding customer service, as you learned firsthand.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We appreciate it so much.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Words do not describe this place. If you like historical hotels, then this is a must stay. Book reservations at the French Room. It's pricey but you won't be disappointed. Rated the best hotel restaurant in the USA.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthTexasReddog
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your compliments.

Thank you for letting us know that our staff created a memorable experience for you. We appreciate your mentioning The French Room, too, and its renown.

We hope you will return often.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My parents first stayed here about 70 years ago. And over the years they kept going back...every trip to Dallas. I can certainly understand why. It is an awesome hotel. With attention to every detail, and to their guest. Today...would probably be classified as a "boutique hotel". Posh and polished. I plan on returning many times in the future.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room...was on the 9th floor. it was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We take great pride in welcoming travelers whose families have stayed with us for generations; we are honored by their loyalty.

Thank you for the posh and polished review. It means a lot to our staff to be recognized for their devoted service.

We hope you do return often and relive your happy memories, time after time.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel was very nice. A typical luxury, historic hotel. Definitely lived up to its reputation.
Staff was great! The bellhop sang happy birthday to my friend.
Great location. The view of downtown was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carrie A
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Carrie,

We appreciate your high praise for our accommodations and our staff.

Thank you for allowing us to share in your birthday celebration.

It was a pleasure to have you with us.

All the best,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I spent 4 days/3 nights at The Adolphus and thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed the historic / heritage / vintage aspects from top to bottom. Certainly there are some flaws in furnishings, carpets, lampshades, etc., but for us these only accentuated, in a good way, the fact that this property is over 100 years old. We have absolutely no complaints and are delighted to have stayed here before too much changes! Our King Suite on the 11th floor was spacious and comfortable.

Service was exemplary throughout. We had a great dinner at the Rodeo Bar & Grill, light breakfasts (yogurt and croissants) at the lovely lobby bar --and scrumptious huevos rancheros in the Bistro the morning we checked out. We walked up to the bar a couple of times after busy days and enjoyed Cosmo's smooth, elegant service and conversation. The drinks/wine menu is very good, and the espresso at the bar is excellent.

The hotel has a wonderful "shuttle service" to nearby venues, and when we asked to go to the Arts District, the shuttle turned out to be a lovely SUV. After we toured the Museum, we phoned and were picked up quickly. Ordering taxis was also easy, and the driver who dropped us off for a party on the SMU campus returned quickly when we were ready to leave.

There were rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions on the property, and we were told that there are such events almost every weekend. We heard a bit of noise here and there, but honestly it added to the spirit of the hotel stay. Some wedding events are held at the Adolphus because parents or grandparents were wed there.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Your kind and gracious review reflects the opinion of thousands of guests who, like you, appreciate The Adolphus for its elegant patina.

You obviously arrived with a wonderful, uplifting attitude, and it all came back to you a hundredfold. Congratulations on discovering the secret to rich and rewarding hotel stays!

Thank you for sharing your joie de vivre, which will inspire many to travel with a smile and a kind word.

Cosme sends you his best wishes and looks forward to your return - as do we all.

With warmest regards,