The Adolphus, Autograph Collection
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$184
$169
2,746 results
All reviewsfrench roomrodeo barbeautiful historic hotelclassic hotelneiman marcusroom servicewalk in closetlobby barvalet parkingjunior suiteheart of downtownsitting arearooms are largean older hotelrooftop poolconvention centerconcierge
Reviewed December 10, 2013

What a delight! Arrived at the Adolphus to have a man dressed out with hat and long coat open my door and welcome me to the Adolphus. It was like a seen from a movie. My bags were moved to the reception area where Mark greets us and confirms our reservations. I received an upgrade to my room which was a pleasant surprise. (icy weekend and not many people out) Paul (aka Elvis) takes our luggage and meets us at the room. Room 601 executive suite was great overlooking small park across the street decorated with a large Christmas tree and lights. We had just got back from a Dallas Stars game ( Go Stars!) and wanted to relax a bit. So we took the beautiful elevators down to the enormous lobby. We found a great nook by a festive hall tree decorated for the holidays and sat in some over sized wing back chairs. Being a little cold from the ice and hockey game set my wife to the lobby bar for a coffee drink. Enjoying my warm drink sweet Christmas carols start playing from an amazing Steinway grand piano. I found out the Steinway piano was owned by the Guggenheim family prior to the Busch family purchase. The Adolphus was built over 100 years ago by Adolphus Busch and know as the finest Hotel west of the Mississippi. Surrounded by beautiful furnishings in a wonderful room and classical Christmas carols, I felt like I had left my life and was transported to a different time.

Returning the room I noticed the art on the wall and historic pictures of the Adolphus. What a need idea. The room is beautiful, spacious and inviting. It was very cold outside and the room was amazingly warm. Bathroom covered in marble and has brass facets. Very large bathroom with thick white cotton bathrobes to greet me after my shower.

Returning back to the hotel that night, Paul greets us and we start a conversation about the hotel. Well Paul takes us to some amazing wall photos of the Adolphus from times in the early 1900's on up. Wow talk about your personal touch. The place is historic and filled with amazing memories from our past and yet clean and fresh.

The Adolphus is an amazing place and you owe it to yourself to experience it at least one in your life. I love this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, higher room have better view of sky line. Every room is different no cookie cutter rooms. Standard rooms area great , executive suites are double sized, luxury sweets are enormous usually with big windows higher in the building. There are other suits also but have not stayed in them. Each has it own uniqueness. If there is something special you want ask them and they will usually accommodate if available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle R
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Kyle,

What a delightful review. We know many travelers will find your comprehensive blog very helpful.

Your opinion is shared by the vast majority our guests, to be sure.

Thank you for your many compliments and high praise!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I very much appreciated the friendly and personable service from the Concierge staff, the service and friendliness from the Bistro breakfast staff, and the front desk was friendly and efficient, also. I disagree with Exline's comments about the rooms needing upgrading, etc..
ITS A HISTORICAL HOTEL !
Upgrading would take away from its classic charm and beauty and the historical sense you cant help but feel.

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room with one king bed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Terri,

How kind of you to recognize our staff publicly for their outstanding service.

Thank you, too, for your compliments about our historic accommodations.

Cordially,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Happened to get this hotel via Hotwire (otherwise would have stayed at Fairmont which was hosting my conference). It is a great find. There is a certain charm in this hotel, the rooms are very big, beds comfortable, the front desk nice. I did find some services a bit slow --had to wait a long time for someone to come and store my bags -- the bags are still there as I am going to return to this hotel in two days from quick two day trip to Chicago -- I hope they keep the bags fine :-) The hotel has a fab restaurant worth the splurge. Its location is also very convenient very close to DART stop.
Oh...and they have a picture of the British royalty visiting there hotel in the lobby :-)
I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you, kindly, for your compliments and praise. Our staff appreciates hearing your feedback.

The ice storm put us a little bit behind, as you saw.

We are grateful for your business and look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very disappointed in the room and service. Everyone had a don't care attitude. My husband booked a luxury suite and it was anything but. Minibar was empty, sheets were wrinkled, they had king size pillow cases on standard pillows. and the bed skirt was dragging the ground on one side and bunched up on the other side. I realize these are minor things but surely not something you would expect out of a luxury hotel. Friday morning we were in need of transportation to our doctors appt due to having eye surgery and were unable to drive. No one would help us and we ended up paying another hotel van and personal to drive us to our appt. I would strongly not recommend this hotel!!!!Also someone had set the alarm for 5am which woke us up. The reservation was made under the name of Philip W. Ivie

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia I
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

According to our records, the room reserved was a standard room, not a luxury suite.

As you are aware, Dallas had a severe ice storm that left thousands of people without power and streets and highways largely impassable. Many of the transportation companies, including the one that provides our sedan service, were unable to find drivers with the experience necessary to navigate glare ice safely. There was at least a thirty-minute wait for taxi cabs to even reach the hotel, if one could be found. It was a very unfortunate situation, and our staff was as frustrated as you were. They did their best to accommodate everyone in the face of extraordinary circumstances.

We do not have mini bars, since most of our guests now prefer to use the in-room refrigerator for their own personal items. We also stock the refrigerator upon request, tailored to individual guest's needs.

Please accept our apologies for the poorly made bed and the alarm clock that was set for a previous guest. This should not have happened.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Excellent location with a post card lobby, but the rooms are in urgent need of upgrading. This property has such a storied past that you can tell it was once a grand hotel. It has fallen, and it is truly unfortunate. The rooms are clean, and the staff is very friendly. The location is excellent (if you have a reason to be downtown Dallas). A bit of modernization in the room and bathroom would catapult this back to the top. Skip the breakfast as the buffet consisted of eggs, fruit, bacon, and bread. The service was nice, but the selection limited; not worth the $15.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor or corner room as those are larger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your compliments and your recommendations for improvement. Your feedback is invaluable.

Thank you!