“Great piano bar atmosphere for happy hour relaxing.”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place to relax, we stay every year. If you make reservations in advance, you can get very reasonable rates with available discounts such as military, state, etc.. The common areas are outstanding for entertaining away while staying in.

• Stayed: October 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your compliments are much appreciated.

Best,

There are newer reviews for The Adolphus

Reviewed October 14, 2013

What an amazing hotel. I spent 3 nights and I was greeted each time with very helpful and friendly staff. The hotels location is in walking distance to all the sights and sounds of downtown Dallas. My room was very clean and room service was quick to respond to my needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Garret,

Our staff is most grateful for your high praise.

Thank you for taking the time to recognize their hard work and dedication.

We hope you will come back to see us soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We purchased the "Deluxe King or Two Double Room: One-Night Stay for Two with Valet Parking". When I called and tried to book a room, no king room was available, so they gave us a queen. I was not pleasant about that. The hotel itself was beautiful and quite different from the usual hotels. We love the lobby! For some reasons, I really like the carpet. Their elevator was ancient and very cute. We found our floor decoration very odd. The carpet and the wall color did not really match. Our room was at the corner and it was cozy. We got a view of the Commerce Street. We did not use any of the amenity or their restaurant, so can't really comment on it. Their valet staff was really friendly. Overall it was an average stay. It was nice to stay in a historical hotel like this, but I do not think we would go back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments.

We appreciate your visiting The Adolphus.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here earlier this week on business. The staff were great and the rooms were clean. The place is kind of a flashback to the 1950s so if you enjoy that type of atmosphere you will like this hotel. I prefer a more modern feel, but it's always good to switch it up every now and then. Philip the bellman was great and he helped me find a good place for dinner. The breakfast was pretty good and service was fast. I would consider staying here again if I need to be near downtown.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Phillip is delighted that you thought highly of his service, and we appreciate your recognizing him publicly for his warm and gracious hospitality.

Thank you for mentioning our central location and the breakfast you enjoyed.

We hope you will visit us, again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Everything was absolutely wonderful. It is a stunning historic hotel right in the heart of Dallas. There are no negatives here. The lobby bar was energetic and the sitting areas beautiful. I really liked the palm trees in the main sitting area. You really need to see it to appreciate it.

• Stayed: October 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your telling The Adolphus story. Your compliments and high praise are a joy to read.

Best,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are large. The gym had everything I needed. My nicoise salad for lunch was delicious. Best of all, the staff (restaurant, front desk, bellman, gift shop, concierge) has customer service down pat. It's obvious that they value customer service and stress that to their staff. I will stay here again when I'm in Dallas.

Also, I'm allergic to feathers and the foam pillows they put in my room were memory foam. Everywhere else I go (all over the world) I get nasty little foam pillows that were probably purchased at a dollar store. They are always seriously uncomfortable and clearly an afterthought. I was impressed with these pillows!

Room Tip: Beware that some rooms are up a small flight of stairs. If you can't do stairs or have too much...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy B
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Amy,

Your review captures the essence of The Adolphus and what our staff works so hard to achieve every day.

Thank you for writing a review that speaks to our finest attributes.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Adolphus is a wonderfully grand stay! It is centrally located in downtown Dallas. The hotel is a historical jewel with great charm and character. The room rate is extraordinarily reasonable given the quality of the hotel. Restaurants and bars are wonderful. Service is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol F
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Carol,

What beautiful compliments! Our staff appreciates your kind words of praise.

Thank you for taking the time to express your view.

We look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,