WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #15 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas, United States
“Royal service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

If I could give this place a 10 star rating I would! The food, the accomodations, the service.... everything was absolutely first class. When I made my reservation I told them I wanted to be treated like royalty and I was!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Doris,

What a delightful review!

Our management and staff are so pleased that our service impressed you.

Every guest who stays at The Adolphus deserves the royal treatment, to be sure.

Thank you, Doris.

Warmest regards,

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Adolphus many times but it has been three or more years since my last trip. The hotel is still beautiful with unbelievable art and antiques. Unfortunately, it felt different this time, a bit snobby. No one was really rude but they certainly were not going out of the way to make you comfortable. My husband traveled with me and had planned to swim and roam downtown Dallas while I was at work. Well, they do not have a pool! When we asked the response was something like, "we are trying to keep the ambiance of the hotel". The bartender offered up that they have other hotels that he could use but when asked about transportation it was a shuttle that makes multiple stops.
Then, a really weird thing with the water in the room. There was HOT water in the toilet, really! Actually, the cold water only lasted a short amount of time which meant we had to take showers very quickly!
My husband accidentally locked himself out of the room, it took some 45 minutes to open the door and they wanted ID! He was barefoot in shorts and a T shirt. Of course, the guy opened the door and he was able to show the ID.
They really need to put a ramp in the front since most luggage has wheels today. You should not have to call room service to get some ice.
There are ways to incorporate some modern amenities and still keep the ambiance, a spa would be nice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments, in spite of our flaws.

Your feedback is invaluable in enhancing the guest experience.

All the best,

Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We recently held our conference at the Adolphus and it was a great experience. The staff was very accommodating to all of the attendees and the conference staff. The hotel is in a great location and is within walking distance of many great restaurants. The attendees were very happy with the hotel, meeting space, meals and staff. I would definitely recommend the hotel for your next meeting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise for our conference services!

We appreciate the compliments and the tips you provide other travelers.

Our management and staff look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,

Longview, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Adolphus Hotel was a great choice for a weekend getaway. The hotel was old fashioned and elegant. I loved the historical aspect of the hotel.
We were celebrating our anniversary and were upgraded to a higher floor/larger room & also received a small tray of sweet treats (very nice).
I loved the huge room and wonderful, large windows overlooking downtown - especially at night. In the evening, I also really enjoyed having an after dinner drink at the lobby bar area while listening to the piano player - a perfect way to end the night out.
We ordered room service breakfast one morning and it couldn't have been nicer - the food, the presentation, and the set-up - all flawless.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that your weekend getaway at The Adolphus was such a success. Our staff strives to please every guest, every time.

Your compliments truly make us smile. As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor, you know how to judge an exceptional hotel experience and it means the world to us.

We appreciate your letting other travelers know how The Adolphus excels.

Warm regards,

Martin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Adolphus for four nights during the 50th Mary Kay seminar celebration. The service was excellent from the time we stepped out of the car. The men that brought our luggage to our room were very curtious and offered to put it where we wanted it and actually did so when I told them not to worry about it. The valet service was exceptional. The luggage storage was very fast and orderly and the staff was out of this world friendly. I would love to stay at the Adolphus the next time I am in Dallas.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor. No problem with the location of the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Marcus,

You are very kind to write about your recent stay at The Adolphus. The compliments are appreciated!

We hope you will return, again, and relive your happy memories.

Thank you so much.

Cordially,

TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I love this Historical Hotel. I really enjoy the staff, especially Jerri providing transportation. You could tell all the employees were happy and treated well. Its always a reflection on the type of service provided. I will definitely return when I visit Dallas again! This is the only Hotel I want to stay at in Dallas.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Stacy,

We are most grateful for your high praise.

Hoteliers love to hear that they are making guests happy with perfect stays.

Please do come back soon, Stacy.

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I thought the Adolphus hotel was simply beautiful, inside and out. It stood out in looks well above other hotels in the Dallas area because of its style. The staff were very professional and curtious at all times and willing to help with any request. I stayed in a King Suite and it was outstanding.

Room Tip: King suites are spacious and ask for a city view, the higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Darren,

We are delighted that your recent stay at The Adolphus was impressive in every way.

It means a lot to our management and staff to receive the feedback - and your very kind compliments.

Thank you for your time. We hope you return, again, soon.

Cordially,