“All you could ask for and more!”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Adolphus is a beautiful building with excellent staff. The check in and check out was simple and fast. The rooms are gorgeous and extremely clean. I couldn't believe how amazing the food was! I cannot say enough about the staff, they went above and beyond to cater to every need. They did such a great job in every aspect! We had a fabulous time and can't wait to go back next year!!

• Stayed: July 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Katie,

You made our day!

Thank you for your kind words of praise. This means the world to our management and staff.

We want every guest to have the same experience you did.

May you return often to relive your happy memories of The Adolphus.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Had an excellent stay at the Adolphus. Love the classic, Old English decor. The hotel had a lot of character which is hard to find these day. My only complaint was that there was no free wi-fi. For the price that you are paying you would think that it would be included.

• Stayed: July 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your review is most appreciated by everyone at The Adolphus.

Thank you for the compliments!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice older hotel right in the heart of downtown Dallas. The staff was super friendly and attentive. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The beds were so comfortable, that just sitting on them makes you want a nap. This was my first stay at this Hotel and I had no complaints. Within walking distance of some neat attractions and many restaurants. The parking attendants were fast and always smiling. The restaurants are slightly expensive. I hear that the piano in the main lobby was supposed to go on the Titanic but was a day late for shipment and missed the boat... Lucky Piano!! I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Mandy,

We are delighted that you had a great stay.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with other travelers. We appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Our management and staff look forward to your return.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I gave the room low marks because the air conditioner wouldn't get cold but they did fix it and they had left an old pizza in the room refrigerator. They had great shuttle service to and from the 3 mile radius.

• Stayed: July 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments. We wanted your stay to be flawless, and we sincerely apologize that it was not.

Our management and staff look forward to your return.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. The staff is exceptional and always willing to help with a smile! The rooms were clean and spacious...And they told me I was in a "small queen". It was perfect! The only issue I had was that the bathroom lighting was a little dark which made putting a makeup a challenge, but other than that I would recommend this hotel to anyone and have! Thank you, Adolphus!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Sherri,

Thank you for recognizing our talented staff. Your high praise is much appreciated by one and all.

We hope you will return soon to relive your happy memories.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I made a reservation with my debit card the week before my one night stay. I called the day we were scheduled to arrive to see about an early check in, and lo and behold, there was no reservation. We arrive and thankfully there was a room, but it was going to the $10 more than the previously agreed up on rate. The front desk guy argued with me for a minute, I told him to check the wedding prices and I was correct, the price was $129 not $139. I give them a credit card for this "new" reservation and we head up to our room. I open the fridge to store my water and there was trash in the refridgerator. GROSS. The room was ok, but not at all updated. There was no cold water the entire time we were there. My husband was miserable over that.

Move to check out time. I tell the front desk guy that we had trash in our room and no cold water. He cuts my bill in half. Supposed to be only $74 & some change. That was nice of them, we leave. Oh and the entire 9th floor smelled like sulphur.

I check my bank accounts on Monday and there is a $228 "pending" charge on my credit card and a "pending" charge on my debit card of $148. THAT'S ALMOST $400 DOLLARS. I called the Adolphus, the lady on the phone was clearly annoyed with me. She assures me that those are JUST authorizations and that they'll fall off and I'll only be charged $74.

Today...I pull up my bank accounts and the $228 did fall off of my credit card and was replaced by the agreed upon $74. However, the was also a charge of $148 on my debit card. No longer pending, it was fully charged. I call the Adolphus AGAIN. Turns out that they misspelled my name when I made the first reservation. I specifically asked the guy at the front desk to search by my debit card # when we arrived and he said they didn't even keep those on file and nothing would be billed. That's obviously not true. SO, I was billed the full price for my original reservation and then the $74 for the crappiest hotel experience in 27 years. But the good news is that I'll get my $148 back in 5-7 days and they're very sorry for the inconvenience.

I'd rather stay at the Holiday Inn. NEVER AGAIN will I stay at the Adolphus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cassie R
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay. Our senior management is working to fully understand and address this.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our last visit was an exceptional experience from the time we arrived to the time we departed. The staff was personable and helpful. The facilities were great for the price.
We had a problem that required first aid assistance. The hotel security people, once they were notified, were prompt, supportive, calming, and helpful. They made an extra effort to make sure we had the bandages and tape necessary to solve the problem. They helped sooth over a situation that would have made our stay less enjoyable. Thanks to them!
The food, the service, and quality of this hotel is excellent. I would recommend the Adolpus to anyone visiting Dallas.

Room Tip: The upper floors provide a better view and are quieter.