“Best Custormer Service Ever!”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. The staff is exceptional and always willing to help with a smile! The rooms were clean and spacious...And they told me I was in a "small queen". It was perfect! The only issue I had was that the bathroom lighting was a little dark which made putting a makeup a challenge, but other than that I would recommend this hotel to anyone and have! Thank you, Adolphus!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Sherri,

Thank you for recognizing our talented staff. Your high praise is much appreciated by one and all.

We hope you will return soon to relive your happy memories.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I made a reservation with my debit card the week before my one night stay. I called the day we were scheduled to arrive to see about an early check in, and lo and behold, there was no reservation. We arrive and thankfully there was a room, but it was going to the $10 more than the previously agreed up on rate. The front desk guy argued with me for a minute, I told him to check the wedding prices and I was correct, the price was $129 not $139. I give them a credit card for this "new" reservation and we head up to our room. I open the fridge to store my water and there was trash in the refridgerator. GROSS. The room was ok, but not at all updated. There was no cold water the entire time we were there. My husband was miserable over that.

Move to check out time. I tell the front desk guy that we had trash in our room and no cold water. He cuts my bill in half. Supposed to be only $74 & some change. That was nice of them, we leave. Oh and the entire 9th floor smelled like sulphur.

I check my bank accounts on Monday and there is a $228 "pending" charge on my credit card and a "pending" charge on my debit card of $148. THAT'S ALMOST $400 DOLLARS. I called the Adolphus, the lady on the phone was clearly annoyed with me. She assures me that those are JUST authorizations and that they'll fall off and I'll only be charged $74.

Today...I pull up my bank accounts and the $228 did fall off of my credit card and was replaced by the agreed upon $74. However, the was also a charge of $148 on my debit card. No longer pending, it was fully charged. I call the Adolphus AGAIN. Turns out that they misspelled my name when I made the first reservation. I specifically asked the guy at the front desk to search by my debit card # when we arrived and he said they didn't even keep those on file and nothing would be billed. That's obviously not true. SO, I was billed the full price for my original reservation and then the $74 for the crappiest hotel experience in 27 years. But the good news is that I'll get my $148 back in 5-7 days and they're very sorry for the inconvenience.

I'd rather stay at the Holiday Inn. NEVER AGAIN will I stay at the Adolphus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cassie R
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay. Our senior management is working to fully understand and address this.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our last visit was an exceptional experience from the time we arrived to the time we departed. The staff was personable and helpful. The facilities were great for the price.
We had a problem that required first aid assistance. The hotel security people, once they were notified, were prompt, supportive, calming, and helpful. They made an extra effort to make sure we had the bandages and tape necessary to solve the problem. They helped sooth over a situation that would have made our stay less enjoyable. Thanks to them!
The food, the service, and quality of this hotel is excellent. I would recommend the Adolpus to anyone visiting Dallas.

Room Tip: The upper floors provide a better view and are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear William,

Your thoughtful review is much appreciated by all who made your stay exceptional. This level of service and compassion is what we strive for every day.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

We look forward to your next visit.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had reservations through American Express Platinum Travel Services as they assured us this hotel was part of their " Fine Hotel and Resort" collection. It is highly recommended they remove this hotel from their list. I've stayed here 29 years ago and yes at that time is was nice. My goodness there have been no renovation since. It is true some things such as antique furniture, beautiful woodwork, luxury flooring, timeless treasured art need no renovation however please replace the toilets and bathtubs! We toured the room and decided to stay at the Omni downtown which had a 98% approval rating. The singing look alike Elvis valet attendant was funny, weird but funny. He did confirm the 19th floor is haunted.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Brenda,

Thank you for sharing your view. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Fit for QE2 and a cowgirl with the blues, this hotel is rare for the US. It's not pretentiously serious. The staff try to please and is respectful of the past and rooted in the reality of where the hotel is situated now... Grand Americana in the Texan twilight. The suite was comfy and a very nice bed made a good nights sleep. Will return here and the food in the Rodeo Grill with peanut shell floor stands testament to the Hi & the Lo in this unique hotel. Then the lobby has the French room nod to grand cuisine bourgeois amidst Mucha for the prairies Painted pastiches. An experience I do declare!

Room Tip: High floor suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Our management and staff thoroughly enjoyed your review.

Thank you for your kind words and sense of humor.

We look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great location in downtown Dallas. Absolutely beautiful lobby area and main floor. Makes you feel like you have stepped back in time. The room itself was ok. Lots of room, but it was decorated in more of a bad western motif, and very dated. Disappointing after seeing the main floor. It was still a pleasant stay, and you should stay here at least once just because of the history. The building itself is awesome, with very interesting architectural features. Even if you don't stay here, it is well worth your time to go see the building and take a walk through the main floor area. My preference however is to stay in the Magnolia next door.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments.

Best,

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent our 16th wedding anniversary there last night! We absolutely LOVED everything about the hotel. The quaint antiquity,the beautiful elegance, the service! I'm convinced we had the best room in the house on the 14th floor on the end so we had 2 full walls of windows looking out across the city! We originally stayed to check this off our bucket list, but we loved it so much we will no doubt stay again! Tonight we stay at the Ritz Carlton... They have a lot to live up to!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Airemy
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

What a joy it is to read that we made your 16th wedding anniversary a night to remember, with elegance and style.

Thank you for including us on your bucket list.

All the best,