The Adolphus, Autograph Collection
$279
$249
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$99
$155
$150
HotelsClick
2,734 results
All reviewsfrench roomrodeo barbeautiful historic hotelclassic hotelneiman marcusroom servicewalk in closetlobby barvalet parkingjunior suiteheart of downtownsitting arearooms are largean older hotelrooftop poolconvention centerconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We came to Dallas for the first time for the Dallas/Redskin game (we won! whoop-whoop!)

I loved the room with the king size bed and rainfall shower. I was impressed with the gym and worked out there several times during my stay. Most hotels chinch on the size of the gym but not the case with the Adolphus. The Bistro served an excellent breakfast. The location was central to Dealey plaza and the grassy knoll. The staff was very courteous and the decor of the hotel was beautiful and rich. The hotel allowed pets to stay which may have contributed to random rancid smells in the hallways. If the hallways are regularly deodorized that would eliminate the smells. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank deepchoc
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This grand old hotel has beautiful common rooms and spacious guest rooms. However, the overall service and attention to detail was disappointing. We had a pre-paid reservation for a room with a king sized bed. I called to confirm the reservation the morning of our arrival and to arrange for a late arrival. I was assured that a king room would be waiting for us. However, when we arrived at around 9 pm we were told that our room had been given to someone else and only a room with 2 doubles was available.
Although the room was generally clean, daily housekeeping was very inconsistent. One day no toiletries were left in the bathroom, another day the bath mat and some of the necessary towels were missing. Front desk staff seemed overworked (long lineups to check in and out) and rarely looked up from their computer screens to greet guests. Airconditioning could not be adjusted adequately, even after a workman apparently tried to re-set it.
This could be a really wonderful downtown hotel but we were left feeling that it is poorly managed and not up to first class hotel standards.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Disappointed is an understatement. My husband and I rented this room through USAA which rents through a third party. He was coming from Oklahoma, I from Georgia.Wanted to meet in Dallas for a romantic long weekend together. From the moment I TRIED to check in I was disappointed by the service and attitude of this hotel. Because my husband had made the reservation through a third party, they would not let me check in without him. My husband was over two hours away and I had no car or any way of even showering or freshening up before he got there. I had to contact USAA and get them to contact the agency that booked the room ( which was paid in full prior to arrival btw) to add my name to the reservation so they would allow me to check in. WE have the same address, telephone and last name and would not let me check in. They were more than eager to take MY credit card for incidentals, but not let me check in. We were booked in a room that looked like it could have been in any hotel in Dallas. We paid 175/night plus $26 to park for this room and it was terrible. The makeup mirror was falling off the wall. The large mirrors, sconces and fixtures were all old and crooked, stained and beat up. I am all for antique and preserving the character of the hotel,but this just looked used and broken. The toilet seat and lid were plastic! I expected more and maybe if I had paid $400 for the suite I would have had better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The piano bar downstairs was a very nice touch, the room was fair. A/C had to be repaired on a sold out weekend and we were not given the room we reserved months prior. The best part of the hotel is amenities and common areas.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Pure quality.

My room was beautiful, and the service excellent.

I am always amazed at the opulence of the Hotel, and yet everyone who works there are just great, personable people. It is hard to marry the concepts of elegance and personability, but each staff member has accomplished this. And the food was delicious! The restaurant staff pampers you.

While I was there, there was a wedding reception, and the Adolphus was wonderfully alive with jazz music. it was fantastic, as if we were all transported back in time....

I want you to know that I am just a regular person. I work at what some folk would feel is a very menial job. But once a year, I get to treat myself to becoming a wealthy person by staying at this hotel. You have no idea of the joy I have, giving my self this little treat. I have always felt that I belong there. That is an incredible plus for the excellent staff. It is my home for the while I am there. I love those people.

Visiting the Adolphus is one of the things I look forward to each year.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I have stayed in are beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo