“Clean, larger room in a dated hotel”
Review of The Adolphus

The Adolphus
Ranked #19 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Plano, TX
“Clean, larger room in a dated hotel”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Our room, 423, was very large, clean and comfortable. The amenities included a comfortable king size bed, typical mini-bar, bath with two separate marble-topped vanities, and a powerful, quick-to-get-hot shower. The bedding and towels were clean, with no real surprises. However, if you're looking for up-to-date interior design, or even 10 year old up-to-date interior design, you'll be very disappointed. If our room is typical, you'll find a comfortable, clean room, desperately in need of any design solution you'd see in a typical HGTV program. Yes, this is a 99 year old hotel, and a great landmark in Dallas, with a wonderful history. It would be even more wonderful it the owners spent the investment needed to make the rooms worthy of the historic past, while acknowledging today's traveler's tastes and needs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TominPlano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The Adolphus Hotel is one of a kind! Checking in and out was absolutely smooth, and handled by efficient and helpful staff. Everything I asked for was in my room, and the room was clean, smelled really nice, and was more than comfortable. The location was perfect, as the business I came to visit was located in the Adolphus Tower, attached to the hotel. However, I would stay at the Adolphus again regardless of where I was visiting because I rarely find service and amenities as nice as this hotel. I was pleased to be able to have dinner in The French Room, which is definitely not an experience to be missed. The waiter(s) were amazing as was the food and ambience. I also enjoyed a lunch at the Bistro - great food and service there as well. I definitely plan to go back to the Adolphus, this time taking my husband, to enjoy a lovely relaxing weekend away! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Room Tip: My room on the 15th floor,had a view of the adjacent buildings and was nice. It was not noisy, alth...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bettyjean_larson2009
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at The Adolphus, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your thorough descriptions will help guide other travelers, and we appreciate your vote of confidence.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 18, 2011

From the time I get out of my vehicle, the bell hops are just so nice and friendly trying to do everything you need. Its first class service from the time I check in to the hotel to the time I check out. Finally, the Adolphus is centrally located to great places to eat. I will be back again in a week!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Adolphus at least 6 to 8 times and every room I stayed in was great!! Staff is...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank john w
Dear John,

Your kind praise for our bellmen and valet staff is most appreciated. In spite of the extraordinary heat wave this summer, they have kept their good humor and have given their all.

Thank you!

Best,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We came 4th of July weekend, and I know traveling during holidays can be tough, but he Adolphus was wonderful. We had a flat tire on the drive up, and I called the hotel to let them know we would be late checking in, and they were very gracious. Even though we finally arrived close to midnight, the staff was friendly and understanding. The rooms are beautiful and the atmosphere couldn't be better. The French Room is like a step back in time . Literally I can not say enough good things about this hotel. My boyfriend and I are planning another trip back soon, its perfect for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: they offer a great deal on last minuet reservations
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dory z
Thank you, Dory, for your beautiful compliments. Our staff appreciates the praise.

We do our best to offer the kind of caring service one used to find everywhere. The hotel's European luxury, too, lends itself to romance and relaxation. It's the next best alternative to a trip abroad - and no passport is required!

We look forward to your next romantic getaway.

With kindest regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The Adolphus delivers the full experience of a revered big city hotel.

We were initially put off by the bustle of preparations going on for a big wedding, but our room was a spacious and beautiful haven. The room service dinner was terrific and delivered with aplomb. Casual breakfast in the bistro was equally fine. It's worth noting, however, that those meals plus valet parking added rather noticeably to the bill. No complaints, though.

Room Tip: Our standard king was spacious and beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
We were delighted to read that you had a grand time at The Adolphus. You were kind to be so understanding about the big society wedding that created much excitement and activity at the hotel that weekend.

As you saw, we make sure that every guest's needs are attended to and that service in every area is exceptional. The staff may be busy, but they strive to exude grace under pressure.

In these challenging economic times, The Adolphus also strives to offer value.

Thank you for staying with us.

Best,

Tomball, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Hotel was wonderful and had a great stay. I would stay again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana P
ft worth
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I took my granddaughter for an overnight adventure. We had a great time! The lobbies and our room were elegant and comfortable. Room service was fast, delicious, elegantly served by very professional, polite staff. Beds were very comfy, with lots of pillows. We really appreciated the complimentary car for brief trips around town. Dave was our chaffeur/ was very professional. polite, very kind to my granddaughter. Great location, downtown Dallas. Without exception the staff was professional, efficient, polite.
The only drawback for us was the lack of a pool on-site; Guests have access to a pool some blocks away, for a fee.
Would highly recommend this hotel, especially if pool not desired.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family