“An enjoyable first try of Moroccan food”
Review of Medina Oven & Bar

Medina Oven & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Medina Oven & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3,691 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Houston
Transit: Bus, Taxi & Train
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I were casting about for a restaurant to go to prior to the Paul Simon/Sting concert and found this place. Note that this place is quite small so reservations are a must before big event at AAC. We got lucky and snagged one of the last tables available at 5:45. As I said we had not had Moroccan food before so we asked both the waitress and the owner for suggestions. I had the tangine chicken (not the ones with the apricots) and Dana had the sea bass. Both were very good. Ask for the authentic harissa sauce which is hotter than the one they serve with the harissa appetizer. The Moroccan white wine was quite good too.

As I mentioned this place is small and the tables are close. If you sit near the bar you might have people standing over you. The food more than makes up for this inconvenience. If you use their valet he will hold your car for no additional cost during a AAC event. We will be back.

1  Thank SaxyfromAubrey

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stopped in here for a cocktail and a few bites before heading to the Stars game. The Pine-Honey Tea was amazing. I wanted to drink more but didn't want to get sloppy before the game. My husband had a very nice glass of red. The food was excellent and the service was great. Unfortunately we weren't very hungry so we just tried a few appetizers but next time I will show up with an empty belly. Its a nice find downtown!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was in Dallas for a convention and went to Medina for dinner with a friend. We were enchanted by the decor, lighting, music and ambience. The service was par excellence - warm, attentive and truly welcoming. The menu is great, the cocktails fantastic - mint tea martini was awesome! The owner came over and chatted about Morocco, his home country. It was a delightful evening! I requested for a candle on the dessert we ordered because it was my friend's birthday, and the owner, Sam, sent over a complimentary liqueur as well. Very memorable evening.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was a Friday night when we went to dine here. The restaurant was full inside but no staff even acknowledged us. We finally caught the attention of a waiter and asked to be seated outside. We were seated and then ignored. No cutlery, drinks, menu.... When a waiter finally took I drink order she then passed us to another waiter. The food was very tasty and small portions. Needless to say, the service was truly awful. Have said that, we would give this another chance because of the high quality of food.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The owner, Sam, is from Marrakesh, so know up front that this place is legit. He traveled all over Morocco and studied the food and cooking methods, only bringing the best ones to his restaurant. I know all this because he sat with my wife and I and chatted for about 10 minutes. Great guy.

I've been to Morocco and never had a meal this good. In fact, I've rarely had a meal this good anywhere in my life. Have the Apricot Chicken Tangine; you won't regret it.

In short, the food is amazing, the atmosphere is extremely romantic, the prices are very reasonable. You'd be a fool to not eat here.