“Bfast is alwasy so tasty...”
Review of The Egg & I

The Egg & I
Ranked #309 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dallas, Texas
“Bfast is alwasy so tasty...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

but I'm get nervous about the service. Today was my 3rd visit this year to this location and every time the food is great. But, I'm not sure how they assign tables and this time was a bit scattered. Most of the servers seem overwhelmed and "in the weeds". Our server was double sat with a 7 top and a 4 top and had no team help. This slowed the server down quite a bit and we ended up with a couple of "unfulfilled" adjustments to our orders we just let slip by.

There are ways to train your hostess stand to control the flow and avoid this. I have a slight feeling our server was also challenged, but she was giving it her all. I will certainly return for the food and hope they work on the service just a bit.

• Visited March 2013

Dallas, Texas
“One of the BEST breakfasts I've ever had!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were staying in the Addison area so decided to try out the Egg and I. I ordered the whole wheat pancake, scrambled eggs and bacon and my husband ordered the same, only with the whole wheat Belgin waffle instead. We both had the hazlenut coffe. What a great breakfast! Everything was sooo tasty! I don't know what they do to their eggs - perhaps scramble them with cream?- but these were the best scrambled eggs I've ever had! Our server was very friendly and served us with a smile and never made us feel rushed as we lingered over our delicious coffe! I would highly recommend this restaurant and whenever I'm in the area, I'll eat here again!

• Visited February 2013
Denver, Colorado
“One of the few Breakfast Burritos in Addison”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

One would imagine that finding a breakfast burrito in Texas on Saturday morning would be easy.... I walked out of the only Mexican restaurant I could find because they HAD NO CLUE WHAT A BREAKFAST BURRITO WAS!! Ended up eating somewhere else, NO BB, then driving around saw "The Egg & I". Went in and checked the menu.... low and behold.. a breakfast burrito was on the menu - success. Had already eaten, but will return next time and try the BB and report back.

Visited September 2012
“Nice Place - Good Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ordered eggs, bacon and skillet potatoes for lunch. Food was warm and freshly prepared. Not very large portions though. Service was fair, but I had to ask for a glass of water 3 times. I think my waiter was new. She seemed overwhelmed. Atmosphere was quiet enough to hold a business conversation. Will go back again.

• Visited June 2012
“Good service.....subpar food”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have driven past this place many times. Then one day I decided to stop in and try it. I was greeted with a warm smile and friendly service. Once I took that first bite I was confused. Did the cook forget to season the food? It was very bland and overpriced. I would go again.....but I would skip the food.

Been to The Egg & I? Share your experiences!