“Melt-in-your-mouth Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mc Commas Blvd.
Transit: We are located 0.8 miles or a 16 minute walk from Mockingbird Station which is serviced by the DART rail network. Dart also offers a variety of bus stops throughout the neighborhood. Schedules and information can be found at dart.org
Description: ...The opposite of a quiet, intimate sushi bar, the Blue Fish is enormous, loud, stylish and good. Where else can you find a signature roll called El Cubano ($9.50)? It's spicy pork, jalapeno, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper and carrots, with a sweet and spicy sauce. What's most refreshing here is that the menu is all Japanese -- no Thai food to confuse the palate. And to be honest, sushi purists will find plenty to keep them interested. Live specials such as Spanish mackarel, Sea Urchin, Live Hottate(scallop), Black Bass, mirugai (giant clam) and much more.Order the Ahi Tower to see just how well the kitchen can plate. It's tuna tartar and sesame oil over snow crab and avocado salad on a bed of wasabi infused rice. It's almost tragic to watch the server destroy this architectural marvel table-side to make it easier to eat. The "cake" portion of spicy tuna on crispy rice cakes in uzu and garlic sauce. It's delicious...
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Four of us went out for Sushi last night, ended up at The Blue Fish on Greeneville Ave, and we weren't disappointed. We started off with their signature Ahi Tower Dish, which was delightful, and then each of us ventured off on our own (no sharing here -- get your own :-) by ordering a wide variety of different Rolls. I had the Rainbow Roll and the Spider Roll, the two items that must be excellent in order for me to come back again, and they did not disappoint. They were melt-in-your-mouth good!. My wife had the Miso soup and the Shrip Tempura roll, which she truly enjoyed. Our dinner companions had several rolls between them (I didn't pay much attention, I was too busy enjoying my own) and are really the ones who introduced us to The Blue Fish. They like it so much they come here at least once a week and sometimes twice! I'm sure there are a lot of reviews on the restaurant, but this reviewer is a foodie and a sushi lover and The Blue Fish ranks at among the best I've eaten in Dallas.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good sushi and prices were good. Sat outside on patio and it wasn't bad with misters. Waitress was not helpful or very attentive. When we asked what she recommended she just pointed to the specials.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I can't recommend eating outside on the patio. Flies will sit on your food and while the top of your body is desperately fighting them away the bottom half will get eaten by mosquitos.
I didn't want to but my eife insisted..grrrrr.....

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Absaluty love everything about this place.
Everytime I come to town Its a place that I have to stop at to get my share of sushi.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Love this place, cant go wrong!! We come here once every few weeks with my girl friends because it is a great meeting point for us in Plano and those in Dallas. The crowd is super cool, the bar is nice but watch your drink if you put it on the side next to the bar because it WILL slip off! Ill tell ya what to get that will blow you away. 1. the ahi tuna tower ( best in the world) and they always do it in a cool shape mine last night was a smiley face! 2. the volcano roll is simply divine! 3. I know this sounds generic but they have the BEST California roll ever I am not sure why but it is perfect. 4. the last thing I love it the Himachi Heaven ( yellow tail, ponzu and jalapenos) its light and refreshing! The staff is great and we love going here and will be back I am sure next week!