“Outstanding Getaway”

Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great for our company meetings/retreats and overnights in Dallas. Hard to believe you're in Dallas, jogging trail, wooded campus, and a workout facility second to none. They have incredible trainers, nutritionists, and programs to help people live a healthy and vibrant life. The customer service at the hotel is truly 5 star and the accommodations are spacious, not the tiny cramped hotel rooms that seem so prevalent today.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Beverly W, Manager at Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you back with us very soon!

There are newer reviews for Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have used this facility for years and can't say enough great things about it. I saw the negative review below and feel compelled to note that I have been able to use the pool easily with my kids even when the swim coach was there (he usually only has a few kids doing lessons). Also, there is another pool at the fitness center. The fitness center was just renovated and is gorgeous. The new restaurant on campus is also fantastic in both food choices and service. If you haven't been to the Cooper campus in awhile, now is the time to check it out again!

Room Tip: There aren't any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business. We hope you come back for a visit to see all the wonderful renovations!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My Family and I recently moved to Dallas from California. The Home we purchased was being remodeled, and the construction was way behind schedule and we checked into the Cooper Hotel for a 2 month extended stay, until our recently purchased Home was ready, Over the years, I have traveled and stayed at many Hotels, but I would place Cooper Hotel at the top and refer to Cooper as my Home away from Home. I particularly was impressed with the Manager David Little. David met us upon arrival and made us feel welcome. The staff was very friendly and accomidating which made each day better than the other.
I am recommending this Gem as an ideal week-end retreat to my friends and particularly anyone living in Dallas can enoy these facilities without having to travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JULIUS T
Beverly W, Manager at Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. The entire staff enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked a night here since my husband had a medical appointment at the Cooper Clinic. The grounds are famously beautiful and tranquil with running/walking paths. The room itself was fine - somewhat dated traditional decor with a faint musty smell. Beds were comfortable (and low to the ground for some reason). Overall, the hotel just had a vacant, prosaic feel - virtually empty except for the locals exercising around the property.
Since we had some time to kill while we waited for my husband to finish his appointment, I took my children to the lap pool at the hotel and the swimming instructor treated us very rudely. He yelled at my kids to get off the swimmer's platform before I had a chance to corral them. Then, he suggested I take them to find more "cultural experiences" in town and asked us to leave so he could conduct a swim class. If the hotel management does not welcome children or allow them to use the recreational facilities, then they should clearly state that. Very disappointing experience. Especially since we held our wedding reception at the facility 15 years ago (when the property was still vibrant). So many other better and more inviting choices in Dallas now.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KPandSunshine

Thank you for your comments. We do offer swim classes to young children every summer. We offer many camps and activates to children from 2 years to 18 years old. We are sorry you felt uncomfortable. We strive to assist children in living healthy in many ways and regret you felt less than satisfied.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I came here for a week of fitness and mental rest. If you come here for a swank hotel/spa experience, don't bother. It is definitely a nuts and bolts get real place.

The hotel is lovely and quiet, with beautiful landscaping, lakes and trails. The pool is definitely a lap pool with time clocks, paddle boards, etc dedicated to swimmers. No kiddie pools, diving boards or hot tubs. There is no restaurant in the hotel except the Collonade which features Continental breakfast. They had eggs, fruit, yogurt, pudding, assorted breads. One day they had bacon, another was stirfry potatoes, onions and peppers. Very fresh. The room was bright, by the pool, and there are newspapers available. No TV! Also, there are no bars or alcohol served and the entire campus is no smoking. Great!

Rooms are a bit dated, but clean, spacious and everything worked fine. I have two suggestions for the hotel. Since there is only one restaurant on campus at fitness center, it would be great to have a frig in the room, even if you have to rent it. A community microwave would be great. You have to walk .4 miles to the nearest restaurant or store in the Dallas heat (102 on a cool day) and I wanted to store some items from Whole Foods for snacks. There is vending in the hotel, but they had unhealthy candy. I noticed that there is a washer and dryer in this area.

You can't fault the fitness center, which was just about finished with the huge renovation at the time of my visit. Locker rooms are beautiful, great rooms for classes and every type of exercise equipment you can imagine. I like the no nonsense approach they have. If you need help or advice, there is help, but nobody hovers over you. There are no people pushing you to join. There is no techno music being pumped in. The machines have TVs and heart monitors and ceiling fans keep the air moving comfortably. They have another pool at this facility where you can do laps or take classes. They have classes in everything, even special classes for those over 55. The restaurant is now housed in the fitness facility and it's terrific! It is called Cedars Woodfire grill and it offers all fresh wraps, salads, bowls,etc with an astounding variety of vegetables, meat, etc all made to order. No freezers, fryers or microwaves, everything under $10! They have wonderful smoothies as well.
I.m not a tennis player, but the courts were very nice. You may want to come for a wellness week. They offer several camps and family fitness events as well. It's a great place to jump start your healthy resolution to be more fit!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LLindaC
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been to the Cooper center many time this year and always 1st class service. The staff is the best and the rooms are comfortable. The beds are great for being away from home. The location is easy to get to from either airport and is off major freeway 635. Also, just minutes away from local business and good food. I would stay here again :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ricardo S
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel features ponds, walking/running paths, swimming pools, tennis courts and workout facilities. It is located on an acreage within the City limits of Dallas, TX., and it is an urban oasis. The rooms are very comfortable and well kept, and the staff is tremendous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business