$179
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$181
$169
2,937 results
All reviewsnorth towersports barthe club loungean executive suitelarge hotelguest servicesconcierge deskroom serviceconference centerarts districtbusiness tripdraftcarrieconventiondowntownmeetingspg
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I visited Dallas on business in April for several nights. Service at the Sheraton was good/friendly, and the location was good for walking to various restaurants downtown. Rooms were good, clean, accommodating--what you would expect from a Sheraton. The one thing to be aware of is that one side of the building abuts a downtown rail line; I would ask to have a room in a tower away from that rail line, otherwise, it is very easy to lose sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Hello Abran V,

We apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay, however we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the rest of your experience with us. We invite you to stay at the Sheraton Dallas the next time you journey to Dallas.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The rooms were very large of the location of the hotel and a great bang for your buck. The hotel was conveniently situated close to a seminar I was attending and there were quite a few restaurants within walking distance.

The service at the vallet and front desk was great. I was also very impressed with the gym. There were a lot of cardio workout machines and a separate section for weights. The pool looked on the smaller side but the lounge furniture looked top notch.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Hello Kay,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the value and location of the hotel and that you were impressed with our Sheraton Fitness Center powered by Core Performance. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future for another 5-star quality experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in late April 2014 and the quality of the property was a lot lower than the brand projects. Stepping off the elevator on my floor I was hit with a strong dank musty smell that unfortunately was just as strong in the room. Immediately called the front desk to switch and went down to get a new room card. They said no one else had complained but several people at the conference we were at commented on the smell. Of course I walk into that room and it was the same thing so I gave up (this is after they sent me to a room that was already occupied). I turned off the A/C and this seemed to help but it then got too warm by morning.

Other problems included; the locks were so bad that you had to try the card about 10 times before it would work, the TV would show an image for an instant and then go black (they did fix this the next day), there was what appeared to be a blood stain on the sheets, some of the lights were out around the mirror in the bathroom making it difficult to shave (someone said it was just as bad with all the bulbs working), there was significant train noise from the light rail below (was on the 10th floor of North tower).

Thinking I was just put in an old section of the hotel I asked several workers if one of the towers was the better one and they said no.

I just generally had a negative experience and expected more from a Sheraton. I would NOT stay at this hotel if I was back in the area (there has to be something better for the price).

On the plus side the bed was excellent.

Room Tip: If in the North Tower get as high as possible or away from the light rail side. Trains start running pretty early.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello JBDSM,

We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We assure you that your experience is not the normal Sheraton Dallas experience. We invite you to stay with us again in the future, and when you book your stay please reach out to me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com so I can personally look into your experience to make sure it is a special and memorable experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Pros:
-very centrally located if you are planning to be downtown
-the enormous size means you are very likely to get upgraded if you have status
-large gym that's open 24/7
-vending machines located in the laundry room of 4th floor if you don't want to overpay for snacks in the gift shop

Cons:
-large size means loss of personalized service
-poor hotel wifi on some of the floors (even in the "upgraded" rooms)
-needs some upgrading, rooms are clean but outdated
-the lobby-level restaurants won't deliver to your room
-the large suites on some floors are just enormous rooms with not enough furniture to fill them
-some suites have a separate living room that is inward facing and thus has no window

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hello Jasmine88888,

We appreciate you sharing your pros and cons list with us. We wanted to bring a few things to your attention concerning your cons list. You can get food from the restaurants delivered to your room, however you would need to call in-room dining for the order and delivery and there is a small charge added on to your order for the delivery. We also just finished a WiFi update this week that should have fixed any spotty WiFi areas in the hotel. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future so you can experience a comfortable and convenient experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for a work conference. I brought my husband and 3 month old daughter with me. We called ahead of time to ask for a room with a crib, refrigerator and late check out. When we arrived we waited at the desk for 20 minutes with little explanation of why. Turns our they were running around finding a room to accommodate our needs. When we got to the room they had just plugged in a small fridge in the middle of the entry way and we had no crib. When we called to ask for a larger room with a fridge that was cold we were completely denied. We were even willing to pay. They told us our only option was for them to bring a crib and if it didn't fit they would take it away. After 2 hours they finally located a crib to bring to our room. We had to have them remove furniture for the crib to fit. It was a tight squeeze for 4 nights. Our late check out was an extra hour only. When I told them at check out that our stay was less than desirable they didn't even apologize. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello AdrienneWolf,

We apologize for the issues your family experienced during your stay. During times of high occupancy our rooms need to be cleaned quickly for new arrivals. This is why we were only able to extend your late check-out one hour, we needed to clean the room and make it ready for the next guest after you. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so we can have the opportunity to show you a true Sheraton Dallas experience.