“Expected more”

Ranked #40 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I expected more from a four star hotel. I've been to better 3 and 3-1/2 star hotels.

Pros:
1. Excellent location. Right outside of the north tower is the Pearls Art District Dart station and all of downtown is within walking distance.
2. Beds where comfortable.
3. Awesome gym. They have one of the best gyms I've seen in a hotel.

Cons:
1. The price for internet was outrageous. About $15 for one device in your room and $17 for three devices a day. In this day and age, I can't wrap my mind around hotels that still charge these ridiculous fees. On that basis alone I won't return.
2. We were placed in the north tower directly above a rail line that services ALL of the Dart trains. From early in the morning till late at night I was aware of every train that passed.
3. Ice machine on my floor didn't work and when I went to another floor (5th) the ice machine there was disgusting.
4. Every room doesn't have a mini refrigerator. That is something that has become so basic of an amenity in my travel that I was surprised to not find one. They also put something where the refrigerator would be that looked exactly like one but just had baskets in it instead.
5. The rooms are relatively small with over sized bathrooms. That may not be a drawback to some people.
6. $21 a day for the privilege of parking your own car and $27 for someone else to do it for you.

Room Tip: Avoid the north tower unless the constant flow of Dart trains doesn't bother you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hello Dante,

We do offer refrigerators for our guests for $20/stay. We apologize for the issues you experienced with the ice machine and the noise from the DART rail. You can get free Wi-Fi if you sign up to be an SPG member. We invite you to return to the hotel again in the future, and I encourage you to connect with me personally at ted.lepak@sheraton.com if there is anything that we can do to make your experience more comfortable.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I went to this hotel this past weekend we booked a club room which gave us access to the club lounge where ron works who is awesome and will help u with anything you need. All the staff were very helpful however our room was not what we exspected and there was someone elses bra in the room and the sheets had some weird stain on them. They fixed it as soon as I told them but I didnt make a big deal about it like I should have since we wernt happy with the room.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hello Emma,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with your room. We have shared your review with our housekeeping department and we invite you to stay at the Sheraton Dallas again in the future. After you book your stay, please connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com and we will make sure you have an excellent room and an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked this hotel through priceline for a Valentine's weekend. Got a great value for the price. The hotel is a typical downtown convention hotel. Very big! Our room was nothing fancy or crazy, but very clean and spacious for the two of us. We didn't plan on spending to much of our time during the day in the room so we were not concerned about our view. Ordered room service twice and it was delicious! Only took about 20 min to get to the room and it was hot and ready to eat! Would definitely recommend it! Only complaint was the toilet was very loud when flushed, but most hotel toilets are! :)

Read a lot of reviews about check-in at this hotel being a nightmare, we got in about 9pm on a Friday night and only waited about 10 min to check in. The line had about 6 couples in front of us when we got there, and about 5 people working the desk. We thought check-in was a breeze and had no complaints about it. And check-out was just as easy.

Hello Brittany,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your room, the in-room dining and the timely check-in/out process. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas again in the future for another comfortable and memorable experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip in Mid-February and the experience was pretty much as expected, not unpleasant, but nothing amazing. The hotel is huge, the elevators are slow, the gift shop/restaurant is overpriced, Wi-Fi was not very reliable, the room itself was tired with a myriad of cords around the periphery and lacking sound proofing. The bed was very comfortable and probably the best part of the stay, the staff was attentive to my simple requests and the foodservice for the meetings was better than average to good. I would not stay here for leisure, but for business it met the requirements.

Room Tip: Avoid the South Tower if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello Salishan1969,

We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We invite you to revisit the hotel the next time you journey to Dallas and to connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com after you book your stay so we can ensure your next stay is better than your average large hotel experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Came to this hotel to stay while in Dallas. The parking situation was annoying. Waling form the parking garage to the north tower was such a hassle. We had to walk through this large ballroom that would just leave you lost all night. when we finally got to our room it was nice. a lot of mirrors and plugs for phone charging (great!!)..I wanted to enjoy a nice drink before going out that night so I ordered room service. It took 1 hour and 25 minutes to get a henny and coke. Once I called after waiting 50 minutes I was told my drinks would arrive shortly... when shortly became 25 more minutes I cancelled my order. The front desk still sent the drinks up and took them off the bill and they were heavy handed on the henny (thanks!!) other than that the stay for the night was just okay. nice rooms and not too cramped.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Hello Rena,

We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. In addition to parking in the garage by the ballrooms, you can park closer by parking in the garage below the hotel. The entrance to that garage is on Pearl Street. We apologize for the delay you experienced with in-room dining and we invite you to return to the hotel, so we give you another experience that will change your opinion of us from an okay hotel to a great hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Downtown Dallas Sheraton the first week of February for business trip. You can tell that most of the guests were there on business, but this hotel seemed to cater to the needs of all guests.

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Housekeeping did an excellent job cleaning the room and bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised. And the toiletries - Phenomenal! I actually ended up taking a little bottle of lotion with me because it smelled so good. I wish there was a way to order it!

We ate at the hotel's restaurant, The Kitchen Table, on our first night. Service was a little slow but the food was good. It was quite pricey, but what do you expect from a hotel restaurant?

The bar area was also nice. We visited everyday before going to dinner. The drink menu had lots of selections (wine, beer, premium liquors and specialty drinks), and the waitress always brought us some salted almonds while we drank. I thought that was a very nice gesture.

The only con: Wi-fi was not included. It was an additional $14.99 per night, and you had to go to the lobby to get the information to log-on, as it was not listed in the room. You'd think that a hotel that has a large number of business travelers would have wi-fi included. Oh well.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel exceeded my expectations for my business needs.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you were pleasantly surprised with your experience and we apologize that you were displeased with the internet cost. We do offer complimentary internet for our SPG members, so you should sign up for an SPG membership. We invite you to stay with us again in the future for another nice experience at the Sheraton Dallas.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

It has been my pleasure to stay at this Sheraton location not just because of the pleasing atmosphere but because of the excellent customer service rendered by their employees especially from Ms. Jeanette McGary. She served us with a smile, professionalism and treated us like we were Platinum Starwood Guests. Because of her treatment, I will certainly be an ongoing guests to this location as well as spread the word to my colleagues.

Thank you for having Ms. Jeanette on your team! She seems to be a servant leader; hope she will serve her way to training other outstanding employees of Sheraton (just my opinion)

1  Thank stefanie c

Hello Stefanie,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. We have showed your review to the Director of Front Office who will reward Jeanette for her warm and caring service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Dallas for another excellent experience.