“Rooms are hit or miss”

Ranked #39 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times and the rooms are very hit or miss. Have had some some very nice rooms that appear to be renovated, but also have had rooms that are easily showing their age. Arrived late and had a problem with multiple stains on our sheets. Took housekeeping over an hour to change them ,ended up getting free breakfast and parking. Feels like every time I stay here I get comped something since there is always some inconvenience that arises. Hard to recommend with the lack of consistency.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hello Matt,

We apologize for the issues you experienced in the past with your rooms and sheets. In the future when you book with us, I encourage you to email me at ted.lepak@sheraton.com and I will look into making sure your stay is a special and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I didn't have much choice of hotels since the business meeting I was attending was in this hotel. Upon arrival the hotel looked average in the lobby area. I checked in at the desk and the young lady there was very friendly and helpful. I was booked in a Junior Club Level Suite and was expecting a great experience from this Starwood Hotel. After opening the door to my suite, I was very disappointed. The room was very dated and well worn. It did have a nice large seating area separate from the bed area. The two sections were divided by a desk which also had the TV hovering over one end of the desk mount to a movable wall mount. Plenty of room for working if there was a need. The bathroom was extremely small. Only enough room for one person to turnaround. I left the room to run in the gym facility. The gym was very large, updated and quite nice. This was a good surprise since my initial reaction to the hotel was not so good. After returning to my room, I decided to shower before dinner. Once I turned the water on, the water was a brown rusty color for a few moments. I was extremely worried at this point. The water did clear up and this was the only time the water looked dirty. The toilet was also very hard to flush. After pressing the button, the toilet would never fully flush so you had to hold the button in while it flushed. The toiletries were quite sparse but adequate. I wanted to go to the Club Lounge but found out hat it was in the Central Tower on the 27th floor while I was in the South Tower on the 29th floor. It was not very convenient so be aware if you do stay here and you have a Club Level room then you want to stay in the Center Tower. Some of my colleagues stayed in the North Tower and on our last night the elevator to the NorthTower was running with water like a waterfall and you had to take the stairs or wait on staff to take you to the employee/service elevator. In the stairway on the 4th floor of the North Tower someone had vomited all over and no one from the hotel had cleaned any of it so that made the use of the stairway that much worse. The hotel is adequate so if you do have to stay there then you will be ok but be aware the hotel is dated, well worn and not the best option in the Downtown Dallas area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello DDB0726,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with your bath water. We had issues with our water pipes this weekend that affected a few of our guests, however these issues have been resolved and should not interfere with future guest experiences. The issues with the north tower elevator were also connected to our water pipes issue. We encourage you to re-experience the Sheraton Dallas so you can see that the hotel is not simply adequate but extraordinary. If you have the opportunity the next time you book with us, please connect with me directly and I will see to it that your experience is very enjoyable.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Erwin the bellhop is amazing. We mentioned we were supposed to get a microwave in the room and he said he would check on it. He called our room a couple hours later to make sure things were taken care of. The room is clean and the bathroom is updated and very well done. I am happy to be staying at this hotel with my family.

• Stayed: January 2014

Hello jsimecek1,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you and you family happily enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Dallas. We will be sure to share your recommendation for Erwin with the Towne Park Valet Manager. We invite you to stay with us again in the future for another awesome experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great hotel & staff! I checked in and they found the perfect room for me. I was on the club lounge where I had two fabulous servers Sarah Marie and Ronald. They were exceptional and honestly made my trip so enjoyable. They were professional, polite and accommodating. I will definitely be staying back at this property! Please ask for Sarah Marie and Ronald! Two fabulous employees :)

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. Beautiful view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hello Rodrick,

We are very pleased to know that the Sheraton Dallas is one of the best hotels you’ve ever stayed in. We have shared your review with Sara Marie and Ronald’s supervisors and they will be commended for their exceptional service. We look forward to your return to the Sheraton Dallas for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked this on a travel website at a discounted price. It was advertised as 4 stars; it is not. Two of the four elevators in our tower were out of order during our entire trip; the staff seemed unaware of this - the bellhop was pressing the buttons hoping one of the two non-functioning elevators would open for him. The rooms are tiny and need updating. We had trim around the window that was falling off in our room. And the bathroom is so tiny that the counter is literally part of the bath tub. The shower curtain is awkward to close when the counter is glued to the tub and takes up about half of the lip. Also, check your bill if you stay here. We were there one night and were billed for both valet and self-parking, when we only valeted. So I had to get that resolved before checking out.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello jgarrison5,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with your room and for the mistake with the parking bill. We invite and encourage you to stay at the Sheraton Dallas again the next time you journey to Dallas, so you can get the true four star experience you deserve.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My visit here was for a large company meeting. The hotel is really big and it is definitely built for large groups. The check in was efficient and pleasant and the room is spacious and clean. There is no charm or warmth to the hotel or the rooms. They are decorated for high volume use ( lots of browns and beige).
The room doesn't have a mini bar but there is a small coffee maker. The bedding is comfortable. The bathroom is probably the most dated part of the room. The tub looks old and every time you flush the toilet it sounds like you're launching something into space. In my bathroom the hot and cold water taps are reversed on the sink which is just odd. I checked it several times to make sure I wasn't nuts. The doors are heavy and loud. I heard people shutting them throughout the night. Also the rooms aren't well insulated; you can hear people talking in the hallway and taps running and toilets flushing. My main complaint about the room is the heating. I've had it running since I got here and it's still cold. I guess it's some type of heat pump system because it blows air that feels cool.
The food is standard hotel food, which is to say it's tasty enough but nothing novel or exciting.
I would book this hotel if I were planning a large conference because it has the necessary space and amenities for that. I would not stay here on leisure or other business travel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hello nisajoy,

We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We would like to get more information from you on the issues with your room. If you have the opportunity, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com with your contact information, room number and a description of the issues you encountered with the room. This email will help us identify and eliminate any issue and improve future guest experiences.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Sheraton in downtown Dallas is perfectly placed. It is a 10 minute walk to Dealey Plaza and all the other attraction in town.
We had a very nice junior suite that was comfortable & spacious. The staff were very attentive and helped us find all the things we wanted to visit. We didn't eat at the hotel, preferring to find close by restaurants. The area is very safe so evening walks are not a problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hello nigeltaylor11,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed touring Dallas and had a delightful stay with us. We invite you to experience Dallas again in the future and to return to the hotel on your next journey.