“Excellent location and amenities”

Ranked #41 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
“Excellent location and amenities”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Love the location. Perfect for business or pleasure. Awesome gym. I believe hotels lose sight of how important fitness is to business traveler and this Sheraton has a great workout area. Rooms and public area very clean and staff very helpful. Travel to Dallas quite a bit. This will be my home away from home. Highly recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Matt F
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello Matt,

Thank you for your recommendation. The Sheraton Dallas values our guest's fitness while traveling, and we are pleased to know you enjoy our fitness center. We are excited to be your new home away from home! If there is anything you need during your future stays, feel free to connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

Brand Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SFO
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Big place, but seems to excel where the other local airport (SPG) properties have dropped the ball. Club Lounge is large, clean, well stocked and hosted by a refreshingly service oriented person by the name of Sara Marie.. Check in was quick and friendly and overall service attitude have made the extra drive time to this property worth while..

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bztrvl
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Bztrvl,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the club lounge, and the service of Sara Marie and the Sheraton Dallas hotel team members. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey to Dallas.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here recently with a large group on business and all of us spoke about how great the staff is here. Sara Marie in the Club Lounge is phenomenal and a great asset to the hotel! The facility itself is awesome and very impressive with its size and accommodations. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Tanner T
Hello Tanner,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased that you, and your group, enjoyed the service that Sara Marie and the Sheraton Dallas team provided. We are also glad to know you felt well accommodated. We invite you all to return for another successful stay with us, the next time you journey to Dallas.

usa
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was expecting the Sheraton to be a top-notch hotel, but I was greatly disappointed. First of all, I was told there was a shuttle that would come pick me up. After waiting 30 minutes, the shuttle stopped and the driver told me it wasn't for my hotel (it was for the airport Sheraton). Then, when I got to my room, my TV and phone didn't work. I had to call down to get them fixed. There was a safe in the room and thermostat, each with NO instructions. The AC would go on at random, making a loud noise every time. There was a train directly across from my room which I could hear since the Sheraton can't be bothered to put in decent windows that block the sound. I was there for a class, and the classroom was VERY cold. The instructor called several times and nothing was done about it. I called corporate HQ, and all they would do is refund me for $50, which I have not received yet.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cklein0702
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello cklein,

We apologize for the issues you experienced with your shuttle and the difficulties you experienced with the thermostat and the safe in your room. We invite you to return to the hotel the next time you journey to Dallas, and we encourage you to connect with the Sheraton Dallas’ team members regarding any issues you experience. Our team can walk you through how to use the safe and thermostat, as well as adjust the temperature in the meeting rooms. Also, feel free to connect with me directly, and I will be glad to assist you during your stay.

Farmington, Minnesota
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here on business in November 2013, as my client's office is nearby. The room was clean and service was good, but I was dismayed by the lack of restaurant options. There are 2 restaurants... one feels more like a brunch or breakfast type place (though they do serve dinner), and the other is a sports bar. I would have liked a more upscale option so that I could enjoy a nice dinner in the evening.

2 Thank Amjar1
Hi Amjar1,

Your review has been shared with the hotel’s Director of Food and Beverage. We appreciate your feedback and we invite you to stay with us again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

If you're a business traveller who likes to stay in shape, this is the place for you. I raise this issue because a decent gym is so often overlooked by hotels and its really important. Sheraton tend to be pretty good about this among SPG properties (better than most Westins for some reason despite Westin's higher price point).
Staff was super friendly and helpful. Downtown Dallas is sort of dead at night but the staff helped me out with delivery so I could eat non-room service.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank mondial82
Hello Mondial,

Thank you for your recommendation. Here at the Sheraton Dallas we want our guests to be healthy and happy. That’s why we value our fitness center and our color your plate initiative so much. We are pleased to know you had an enjoyable experience and we invite you to return to the hotel the next time you journey to Dallas.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was perfect. We had a wonderful suite with all the amenities. They do such a great job with what they provide in the rooms. We were there for the Black Tie Event, which went really well. However, the food was terrible. No vegetable on the plate and the salad had an unknown item in the center of the plate. The steak was so bad that I couldn't even chew it to swallow. The catering staff were good that waited our table, but the head of catering should be fired for the quality of the food. The worse meal in years. Accept for the quality of the location and rooms, Black Tie should find a better place for the catering part of the event.

Room Tip: Great place, but do not use their food catering service.
Hello Larry,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the hotel and the Black Tie Dinner. Your review has been shared with the Director of Food and Beverage, and we will use your review to improve future events and experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back to next year for another wonderful Black Tie Dinner.

Ted.lepak@sheraton.com