“Clean place to stay and friendly staff”

Ranked #39 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I really enjoy staying at hotels where the staff is always nice. I had several nice conversations with the staff at the bell station and the VIP car parking stations. I never ran into anyone that wasn't helpful; thank you! The room was clean; housekeeping did an excellent job keeping things nice and tidy. The food was pretty good as far as hotel food goes. I did enjoy Pete's coffee in the hotel itself as they had a nice variety of coffees and foods for breakfast and lunch as well. This is a great place to stay while in the heart of Dallas and you can walk to the art museum as well as some other nice restaurants. The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable and there are a variety of pillows to choose from. I did actually sleep without my wax earplugs as the windows are thick and the halls were quiet. I would recommend staying here due to the kindness of the staff alone!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our friendly team members, the food and beverages, and our Sheraton Suite Sleeper beds. We hope you will return for another comfortable and enjoyable stay here at the Sheraton Dallas.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

First, the lines at check in were terribly long and process took almost an hour. Second, my room key card would not open the door. Third, concierge "asked" me to stand in line for another hour to get another key card! I asked to see a manager and concierge stomped off and said she would find one. Five minutes later she returned with new key cards. Fourth, the second set of room key cards did not work! Back to the concierge desk and am told that security will meet me at my room to open the door. Security informs me that this is a frequent problem, but the "new hotel manager" does not want the expense to repair locks at this time! Lastly, the housekeeping staff is also poorly supervised. There was a wine glass that sat on table in lounge area on 32nd floor for 2 days. Dust bunnies in the hallway and bathroom floor in room 3240 was not clean.

Hello Karl,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We apologize for the wait you experienced at check-in and issues you had with the room keys. We have shared your review with the Director of Housekeeping and the Director of Front Office and we will be checking the room for any problems with cleanliness or leaks.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

What can I say...Jeannette McGary at the fron desk and Sara marie and Ronald in the hospitatlity suite were over the top amamzing. You talk about creme de la creme customer service. Jeannette McGary did everthing in her power to make my checking in of 10 people smooth and easy. She did it with a smile and kindness. Sarah Marie is more than AMAZING....KIND KIND KIND...get you whatever you need or want with a precious smile. With every thank you noted it was her pleasure to serve. She walked around the room the entire time for breakfast and hosp. hour making sure al patrons were happy and had what they need. This girl is an asset to your venue!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello Marie Anne,

We value your review and appreciate you taking the time to share with us. Your review has been shared with our management team and Jeanette, Sara, and Ronald are will be recognized for their top quality service. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay, and we invite you to return the next time you journey to downtown Dallas.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I started my business trip with excellent customer service at the front desk. The staff was very friendly and smiling and upgraded me to a larger room. I was on the 25th floor and had a nice view, 2 queen beds and they were comfortable. I order room service on the second night and had the margherita pizza. It was good but not worth the price paid. I also needed a robe and they delivered one to me within 15 minutes of the request. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 2583 has a decent view and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hello Rebecca,

We are pleased to know you that you enjoyed our service and your room. We invite you to stay with us again on your next journey to Dallas for another comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm currently staying at the Sheraton Downtown Dallas for a work conference (September 26-29 2013.) Honestly, this is a basic Sheraton. It's not great, and it's not horrible. It's tolerable for a conference, but not luxurious by any means. The worst part of the hotel, frankly, is the neighborhood which has no culture, no shops and limited dining options.

PROS
-Inexpensive for a big city hotel, especially with conference room rate
-Staff is very friendly and helpful, especially those in the conference center
-Conference facilities are nice, and meals provided are above average (not standard boxed-lunch fare, but tilapia and roasted vegetables were lunch options today)
-The fitness center is outstanding- clean, new, spacious, with tons of cardio machines (and I'm a gym rat, so this was important to me!)
-The outdoor pool seemed nice, clean and had lots of lounge chairs

CONS
-The neighborhood is awful- no culture, no sense of what Texas is like and no options!! I went out to find a restaurant for dinner at 5pm on Thursday and the neighborhood seemed deserted. I walked several blocks without seeing any other people, which made me a bit uncomfortable as am a young woman traveling by myself. I asked the concierge desk where I could go shopping nearby and their answer was literally: "Dallas is a business town, so we don't really have any shops here." And there aren't any. Also no convenience stores, drug stores or quick, cheap food options like Subway. They referred me to the "Main Street district" for dinner; Main Street consists of a few overpriced, touristy restaurants interspaced with abandoned, empty buildings. I was also solicited by a homeless man while I was dining outdoors at a Mexican restaurant on Main Street. Having lived in New York City and Philadelphia, I was expecting a real city, but it's not in this neighborhood of Dallas.
-My room was a bit unclean; the bed coverlet had fresh makeup or food stains on it and there were random hairs in the bathroom- the hotel quickly changed the blanket when I asked, however
-There are very limited dining options in the hotel, which is unfortunate given the lack of dining options outside the hotel
-The hotel is basic, and seems not to have been updated since the 1970's
-The walls are thin so I can hear the TV in the room next door and their toilet flushing

Honestly, I probably would have a more favorable review if the hotel had been in a better location. I am an adventurous traveler and was hoping to experience a bit more than the hotel/conference walls but without a rental car and with limited time, this neighborhood does not have anything to offer. I would not stay here again, mainly for this reason.

1  Thank heatherbessie

Hello Heather,

There are many opportunities to experience the culture, shopping, and dining of downtown Dallas. If you want to experience some Dallas culture, Deep Ellum is always hosting some interesting entertainment and art right next to the hotel (http://deepellumtexas.com/). If you’re looking for some cultural shopping, you should visit Wild Bill's Western Store (http://www.wildbillswestern.com). If you’re look for more high end fashion shopping, Niemen Marcus is also a few blocks from the hotel. The concierge desk is equipped with flyers for guest on the closest dining options, and we apologize if one was not offered to you. There are several cheap food options if you take the sky bridge from the second floor of the north tower to the Plaza of the Americas, and you can find a subway if you exit the north tower of the hotel and follow the DART tracks west about a block. There is also a 7-Eleven next to the Subway for cheap convenient store supplies.

Downtown Dallas has much to offer, and if you ever journey down to Dallas again, I encourage you to stay with us again. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you in planning your Dallas excursions, so feel free to email me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

All the best,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My admin booked me at a Sheraton but in the wrong City for the night. When I approached the Starwood Gold & Platinum desk I explained the situation to Verlencia. To add to the confusion, I get a corporate rate at the Sheraton I normally stay at and it was not represented in their system. To say the least I was expecting to have to argue a little bit or at least get a little kickback but Verlincia was incredible. She talked to her front office Director, Katie, who came out to meet me and they both took care of the situation in impeccable manner. They both had an attitude that completely changed my attitude about the issue. I left and headed to my room with a smile on my face and that was big after the day I had. WOW! what else can you ask for from your employees! Nice work and thank you again!

2  Thank David H

Hello David,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know that Verlencia and Katie were able to help you clear up any confusion and get you taken care of. Here at the Sheraton Dallas, we genuinely care about our guests and want to make you smile at every opportunity. We thank you for your SPG loyalty, and we invite you to stay with us again in the future when you journey to Dallas.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

All in all I was at this hotel for two weeks within the last three weeks for work and I had some less than preferable experiences. The golden point and only salvation for my stay was the most amazing customer service experience in the Club Level Access. My service provider Sarah Marie was amazing at listening to my concerns regarding the overall experience at the hotel during my stay. She was attentive to my thoughts and gave me very positive feedback and asked for permission to contact upper management to resolve any pending issues. I appreciate how Sarah Marie wanted to address any outstanding issues and ensure my pleasant stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello Alex,

Thank you for sharing your review with us, we are pleased to know that Sara Marie provided you with a great service experience. We would like to know more about your “less than preferable experiences”. Please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com with more details about your experience, your email will help us to keep improving our hotel, and our service.