“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #39 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton in Downtown Dallas this past weekend for a concert we were going to at the Gexa Energy Pavillion. It was so convenient!! The tram was right out back! we just hopped on and it took us straight to Fair Park. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Easy check-in and out. Also, the Draft Sports Bar - excellent service and food! Very clean rooms too. We will stay here from now on - because it's downtown and right in the middle of Dallas. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello SouthernBell,

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation! We are glad to know you and your husband had an easy and convenient stay with us on your journey. We look forward to hosting you both again for another pleasurable experience!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times, and every time the experience just seems to get better and better. I visited the Club Lounge on the 25th Floor and Sara Marie was the most hospitable employee ever - Great Service and caring.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello Bradley,

We appreciate you sharing this fantastic review with us. Sara Marie, and the rest of our team members here at the Sheraton Dallas genuinely care about our guests, and giving them special and memorable experiences with us. We look forward to welcoming you on your next journey to the Sheraton Dallas!

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review after just attending a conference at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. I must say my overall experience with the hotel was very good. The hotel staff was excellent and very attentive to my requests. The rooms were great, always clean and by far the BEST bed I have slept in a long time. I have gone from one extreme to next due to recently staying in Myrtle Beach, SC (not a Sheraton) and sleeping on the worst bed ever. Now for my only complaint of the hotel, the elevators. Granted they were REAL SLOW but I kind of expected that due to being at a large conference. Once you finally were able to get onto an elevator they all made sounds like the lines were going to break and you were going to fall 20 floors to the bottom. Basically made a ride on the elevators a little sketchy. Otherwise the Sheraton Dallas Hotel was a great hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area or at a conference there.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello Berwyn,

We are pleased to know you enjoyed our beds, however, we are sorry to hear that our elevators made you uncomfortable. We guarantee our elevators are perfectly reliable and very safe. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we invite you to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times for business and I always feel welcome. Somebody always asks me if I need directions or if I need help wiht my bags. It is not a typical Sheraton in the service sense, it is much better. My stay here is always smooth. I especially like it when they arrange a car to take me to the airport and escort me outside. I just feel welcome from the minute I step in to the minute I leave. Rooms also look remodeled and fresh, unlike many other hotels in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Cookie,

We appreciate you sharing your warm review with us. Our number one goal here at the Sheraton Dallas is guest satisfaction, and we are delighted to know you feel welcome when you stay here. We invite you to stay with us again on your next journey!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

If attending a conference or trade show at this location, this is the place to stay, as you do not need to go outside in the hot and humid summer heat in order to reach your destination. The Sheraton has three towers, north , south and central, and higher floors with the views( unless you consider a view of a concrete wall/side of another building a view) are apparently reserved for the Sheraton Starwood Preferred Guests. their "green" program is opt-in and gives you $5 per dayor 500 Starwood points to decline all maid service for your stay. don't really know why this is "green" because you can still get fresh towels to your hearts desire, and all those mini sized toileqties in the plastic bottles, and plastic cups supplied in the room. Seems like the reduction is only a reduction in labor. Be advised that you can opt in by your room phone, but if the person before you opted in, and didnt cancel, apparently your room remains on the list. So even tho I wanted housekeeping to make daily visits, they didnt, even after I had to contact the front desk twice to get it reinstated. service is very gracious and prompt otherwise, with a smile. You are rather trapped at this downtown location, however, without a car, unless you have good weather and can walk a few blocks nearer to the Crowne Plaza downtown where all the restaurants are. Otherwise, your dining selections at the hotel are limited to a very overpriced lobby reataurant ($17 for a very thin piece of chicken and a quartered tomato and argula).. A Peet's coffee ( closes at 6 pm) and a sports bar. Marriott across the street has a hotel restaurant and a food court in the adjoining business complex, but otherwise no real dinner locations in the immediate location. Friendliness of service was the Sheraton's strong suit.

Room Tip: Unless you are an upper level SPG, seems like you get a not great room level
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hello Wdee,

We apologize for the mix up you encountered with the Make a Green Choice program. We would like to point out that if you don’t have a car on location, you can take the DART rail, bus, or taxi. We invite you to stay with us again in the future for another stay with great service and a smile!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the minute I checked-in to this hotel,Carrie greeted me with such professionalism & warmth,it made my day.Her attention to detail & her genuine care for the customer was evident from the start.I had a really hectic work-day & I just needed to sleep.Carrie made the whole check-in process seamless & effortless.Thank you Carrie,this business-man will stay at Sheraton again because of you.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Jmendel,

We are thrilled to know that you had such an enjoyable stay! Carrie and the rest of our team members here at the Sheraton Dallas genuinely care about our guests and enjoy making you smile. We are glad you had the chance to relax and recharge with us, and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have to stay here because of work and I don't have a choice. With that being said, it is a nice hotel with an exceptional gym. Location wise is excellent. The only thing I hate about this hotel is the fact that the air conditioning in the rooms do not work very well. The lowest the temperature setting on the thermostat was 65 degrees and the air coming out was no where near 65 degrees.
Staying in Dallas in the middle of sumer with poor air conditioning is asking for trouble.
Our company brings a lot business to this hotel and it would be a shame if we had to leave.
I definitely would not recommend staying at this hotel if well working air conditioning is important to you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hi Salywgn,

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your air conditioning. However, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the rest of your stay here at the Sheraton Dallas. Next time you stay we hope you have a much cooler and comfortable experience.