“I felt welcome”

Ranked #39 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times for business and I always feel welcome. Somebody always asks me if I need directions or if I need help wiht my bags. It is not a typical Sheraton in the service sense, it is much better. My stay here is always smooth. I especially like it when they arrange a car to take me to the airport and escort me outside. I just feel welcome from the minute I step in to the minute I leave. Rooms also look remodeled and fresh, unlike many other hotels in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hi Cookie,

We appreciate you sharing your warm review with us. Our number one goal here at the Sheraton Dallas is guest satisfaction, and we are delighted to know you feel welcome when you stay here. We invite you to stay with us again on your next journey!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,842)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

If attending a conference or trade show at this location, this is the place to stay, as you do not need to go outside in the hot and humid summer heat in order to reach your destination. The Sheraton has three towers, north , south and central, and higher floors with the views( unless you consider a view of a concrete wall/side of another building a view) are apparently reserved for the Sheraton Starwood Preferred Guests. their "green" program is opt-in and gives you $5 per dayor 500 Starwood points to decline all maid service for your stay. don't really know why this is "green" because you can still get fresh towels to your hearts desire, and all those mini sized toileqties in the plastic bottles, and plastic cups supplied in the room. Seems like the reduction is only a reduction in labor. Be advised that you can opt in by your room phone, but if the person before you opted in, and didnt cancel, apparently your room remains on the list. So even tho I wanted housekeeping to make daily visits, they didnt, even after I had to contact the front desk twice to get it reinstated. service is very gracious and prompt otherwise, with a smile. You are rather trapped at this downtown location, however, without a car, unless you have good weather and can walk a few blocks nearer to the Crowne Plaza downtown where all the restaurants are. Otherwise, your dining selections at the hotel are limited to a very overpriced lobby reataurant ($17 for a very thin piece of chicken and a quartered tomato and argula).. A Peet's coffee ( closes at 6 pm) and a sports bar. Marriott across the street has a hotel restaurant and a food court in the adjoining business complex, but otherwise no real dinner locations in the immediate location. Friendliness of service was the Sheraton's strong suit.

Room Tip: Unless you are an upper level SPG, seems like you get a not great room level
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hello Wdee,

We apologize for the mix up you encountered with the Make a Green Choice program. We would like to point out that if you don’t have a car on location, you can take the DART rail, bus, or taxi. We invite you to stay with us again in the future for another stay with great service and a smile!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the minute I checked-in to this hotel,Carrie greeted me with such professionalism & warmth,it made my day.Her attention to detail & her genuine care for the customer was evident from the start.I had a really hectic work-day & I just needed to sleep.Carrie made the whole check-in process seamless & effortless.Thank you Carrie,this business-man will stay at Sheraton again because of you.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Jmendel,

We are thrilled to know that you had such an enjoyable stay! Carrie and the rest of our team members here at the Sheraton Dallas genuinely care about our guests and enjoy making you smile. We are glad you had the chance to relax and recharge with us, and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have to stay here because of work and I don't have a choice. With that being said, it is a nice hotel with an exceptional gym. Location wise is excellent. The only thing I hate about this hotel is the fact that the air conditioning in the rooms do not work very well. The lowest the temperature setting on the thermostat was 65 degrees and the air coming out was no where near 65 degrees.
Staying in Dallas in the middle of sumer with poor air conditioning is asking for trouble.
Our company brings a lot business to this hotel and it would be a shame if we had to leave.
I definitely would not recommend staying at this hotel if well working air conditioning is important to you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hi Salywgn,

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your air conditioning. However, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the rest of your stay here at the Sheraton Dallas. Next time you stay we hope you have a much cooler and comfortable experience.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We want to share the pleasent and kind experience we had at the Dallas Sheraton Hotel... My boyfriend was in Texas visiting his family (we are both from Mexico), and he had satyed there for a month... In this time I realized that my life should not go on with out him and decided to take a quick trip to Dallas to ask him if he wanted to share his life with me. Things went great starting because YES was his answer... But since everything was spontanious and improvised I approached to one of the Sheraton Associates -Mr. Christopher Todd-, to ask him if they could help me do something special. They sent to our room Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Nice gesture, yes, and specially because they wanted to share and celebrate with us such a special ocassion. It was a complementary gift from the Sheraton. Didn´t expect that. What we all should celebrate is that today, two men can get publicly engaged, and shamelessly share the news with others, and receive the blessings of friends and family and unknown people all around the world. Today, we all can be happy and proud of who we are, today we don ´t hide nor suffer in silence. That moment at the Dallas Sheraton Hotel, we, my boyfriend and I prooved that we can be open and honest about ourselves and still feel welcome anywhere.
Thanks.
Fondly Alejandro Brauer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alejandro B

Congratulations Alejandro!

We are happy to have played a part in a very special day in your relationship. We hope you enjoyed the champagne and strawberries and we hope to have you and your partner stay with us again the next time you are in Dallas.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I along with 28 other people traveled from Florida (20 hour road trip) to this Hotel for a church convention. We had a big group! Check in was a little rough, but I sort of expected that considering I had reserved serveral rooms and we were tax exempt (so we thought), we still had to pay the city tax 8% and a 2% hotel tax, but the law is the law.

Anyway, we got everyone checked in and I handed out the keys, and everyone went to their rooms. There are three different towers, and the elevator system can be a little confusing at first, so make sure you pay attention to the floor numbers that the elevators serve. All the rooms were fine, except one of our rooms had not been cleaned yet. It was 11pm. when we arrived, so I assume that the room was just overlooked, but the management had someone clean it right away.

Our group was tired, and very hungry so we opted to grab a bite from DRAFT. It is basically a bar, but they accomadated us very well. We could not eat inside because some of our group was not 21 years old. We got the food to go, but it was good, although very pricey.

The beds, awwwwwww the beds.... THEY ARE LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!! Everyone in our group, all 29 people talked about the beds, they were the best. I stay in a lot of hotels, and I have never slept on a more comfortable bed.

The hotel itself is EXTREMELY LARGE. But if you are going to a convention, it is laid out very well and you will have no trouble getting around. The hotel is a little dated in some area's, but not too bad. It is clean and the beds make up for a lot!

FOOD!!!!! We did not realize until the 2nd day of our trip that a sky walk (a short walk, inside the hotel) takes you over to McDonald's, KFC, a great Mexican place, pizza shop and a bakery.

The gym is quite large, and the roof top pool (on the 4th floor) is small. It is also a shallow pool. The deepest section is 4 feet. I guess that is good for small children but our group was most teens and adults.

If you want a frig in your room, make the request early on. $20 for the length of your stay. We did get one on the last night and they did not charge us.

The staff was helful and friendly. If I am ever in Dallas again, I would be pleased to stay at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: We had a high floor room that was very close to an elevator, I liked that but the person I was roomi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello iLuvtotravel,

We are glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay. Also, you can bring your Sheraton Sleep experience home by buying a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper: http://bit.ly/Uydly1

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel because the AC in my place konked out...I can see the hotel from my backyard. The front desk clerk Verlencia was FABULOUS!! She was very friendly, accomodating and has the sweetest disposition. A definite gem with customer service. The hotel was clean and quiet--despite the Mary Kay craziness. My room had a great view even though I wasn't in a City View Room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hi nrsratchet,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Verlencia provided outstanding service for you! Verlencia and the rest of our team members here at the Sheraton Dallas genuinely care about our guests and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future!