“Great, Affordable Weekend Getaway!”

Ranked #37 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton this past weekend! I booked the hotel on Priceline at the last minute and I was very impressed with the quality and location. There were so many dining options and night life venues within walking distance of the hotel. I had a room on the 33rd floor with an excellent view of downtown....it was amazing! The staff was very accommodating and the bed was wonderful.

My only cons were there was no refrigerator in the room, the walls were a tad thin and I had an issue with using my card key to enter and exit the parking garage, none of which ruined my weekend.

Overall it was a great stay! At checkout I was assisted by Carrie who was very pleasant and made checkout easy and effortless. I had a great time and I will be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hello Tbrazi,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Sheraton Dallas! We would like to take opportunity to let you know that we do offer our guests refrigerators for a rate of $20 for their entire stay. We apologize for the thin walls and the parking garage difficulties you experienced, but we are very glad to hear about the rest of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,857)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I attended the Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association of Texas Annual Conference and was able to stay here an entire week. I must say that I was thoroughly impressed. I got to stay in the Hospitality Suite and I recommend this to anyone who has the opportunity. I'm not going to be bias so here are the pros and cons:

Pros: The hospitality suite (pictures are included) is huge and trust me when I say there was PLENTY of room. The room was cleaned everyday and towels were always replenished (which is a big deal for me if I stay somewhere longer than 2 days). The dining area, living room, and office area were very nice. My bedroom connected to the suite, but I must say I didn't have any complaints. Although I was sharing this suite with two other people, I was still able to have my own bathroom which was great. In regards to eating establishments, the Draft (located on the first floor) is a great option for regular American cuisine. I know I got the draft burger at least 3 times while I was there because it was that good. In addition, the breakfast buffet from the Kitchen Table Restaurant (also located on the first floor) was also really good. Be warned, that fabulous buffet is $24.95, so please know that I only ate there once. If you don't mind walking, you can take the sky bridge to the Plaza of the Americas and find a few more eating establishments. I was able to work out in the gym on the 4th floor. If you forget your headphone sets, no worries because they provide them in a small basket as soon as you walk in. In addition, towels are provided as well so you don't have to worry about bring them from home.

Cons: I only have a few cons, but not so many that would prevent me from staying here again. It took a while for our suite to get cool. There were 3 individuals who tried to fix the issue, but the last person was successful. Due to an establishment such as the Sheraton, Internet is $14.95 for a 24 hour period. In regards to parking, that's going to cost you approximately $21.00 a day. There are 2 parking garages...one across the street and one underneath the hotel. However, the parking garage across the street is connected to the Sheraton by a sky bridge. For some reason, my key wouldn't work to let me leave the parking garage since I was an overnight guest and it was never really fixed. It was somewhat of a hassle to have it rekeyed and for it to still not work.

Other than that, I had a great stay here. Every staff member that I met was so friendly and they truly went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable. Make sure that you have cash on you to tip the valets and bell hops because they really do a good job. It blows my mind that people don't tip these individuals because they work hard. I had a lot of bags and felt that this was important to mention. In addition, I bring up having extra cash on you because the ATM fee is pretty high, so just make sure that you come prepared. All in all, this was a great stay and hope I'll be able to come again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hello Ianikki,

Thank you for sharing this thoughtful and thorough review. We enjoyed your pros and cons list and we will be sharing it with several departments. We apologize for the air conditioning and parking garage difficulties you experienced but we are very glad to hear about the rest of your stay. We hope to have you stay with us again for an even more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Getting into the parking garage was a breeze (the fee is a bit high at $21 a night), check in was smooth, and my room on the 35th floor of the central tower is quiet and has a great view. Great location for area attractions. The hotel lounge/bars are very nice and the gym is the best I've ever seen. Free wifi in the lobby is nice. I can't wait to use the rooftop pool tomorrow! Overall, the hotel doesn't seem to have any conventions or major events going on so the service has been great. I would recommend this place based on my experiences!

• Stayed: August 2013
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hello Allan,

We are glad to know you had an easy and enjoyable stay! We take pride in our Draft Media Sports Lounge and Kitchen Table restaurants and in our Sheraton Fitness Center powered by Core Performance. Guest satisfaction is our top priority here at the Sheraton Dallas and we thank you for sharing your review with us. We also invite you to stay with us again in the future for an equally enjoyable stay.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you are traveling to the downtown area of Dallas, the Sheraton is a great place to stay. Check in was efficient and the pink lemonade self service station was a welcomed relief from the heat. The rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were especially comfortable with fluffy pillows. I also liked the quiet, efficient AC with temperature controls. If you are traveling with children, the pool is small. Morning swims would be recommended because it is shaded and less crowded in the morning. For your dining pleasure, I recommend the breakfast buffet. All of the food was well cooked and warm. While the buffet would seem pricey for adults, the kids price of 9.95 is worth it. Juice is included along with a choice of waffles, French toast or pancakes. Fresh fruit is also available. Overall, the Sheraton in Dallas, Texas is a four star stop!

Room Tip: Join the Starwood preferred guest club.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the warm recommendation Satj!

We love giving our guest special and memorable experiences when they stay with us. We hope to have you again soon at the Sheraton Dallas!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We got a great deal on Priceline and had a wonderful weekend!! Carrie at the front desk was super nice and even ordered a pizza for us!! We were celebrating our anniversary, and it was perfect! Dallas is charming on the weekend! Plenty of fun, free things to do within walking distance. The hotel was in a great location (close to the arts district) and our room (upgraded by Carrie) was a suite with PURE air filtering. The only times I sneezed all weekend were when I was outside. And the beds are SO comfortable!!! I would highly recommend the Dallas Sheraton!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hi Holmestrekkers,

We are thrilled to know that you had such an enjoyable stay! Carrie and the rest of our team members here at the Sheraton Dallas genuinely care about our guests and enjoy making you smile. We’re glad you enjoyed the pizza and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Before I share the bad news, I will share the only good news. when we checked in,
Carrie met us with a smiling face. She worked very hard to accommodate a couple of special requests. We were very pleased with her demeanor, her efforts on our behalf, and the final results at check-in. Now, the bad news - we expected the Sheraton Dallas to be an upscale hotel. We travel quite a bit and often stay at very nice hotels. I always enjoy the nice toiletries in these locations. Unfortunately, the toiletries at the Sheraton were a step down from economy hotels. This is a small thing, but because of the cost of this hotel, the toiletries were simply cheap. I used what I had brought from home. Our biggest complaint has to be with the cleaning staff. We had to call repeatedly for more towels. We had three people in the room and were only given two towels and sometimes no washcloths at all! The coffee supplies were often neglected as well. I just don't think I should have to call the desk and wait...wait...wait...for someone to bring the things that should be provided each day. We requested a refrigerator as well because my husband is diabetic. The first one had a terrific odor as if something had spoiled inside. We tried everything, but the odor would not leave. We had to request a replacement. Why didn't the staff member smell it when it was delivered? It was fairly overwhelming; anyone should have been able to smell it. It should have been cleaned and serviced before it was ever delivered to another room. Overall, things simply seemed to be neglected, and with the name, "Sheraton," and the prices we were charged, this should not have been the case. Our teen-aged son even commented that he did not like the Sheraton. That's a sad thing

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peachteach54

Greetings Peachteach,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Reviews like this one help us to see areas where we can improve our guest experiences. We are glad to hear you had a pleasurable check-in experience; however we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with your room and refrigerator. We encourage you to stay with us again in the future for a more enjoyable experience.

Social Media Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2013

When I say it's better than last time that's like saying it's better to be shot in the knee than in the face. I don't understand why this hotel always has so many problems when we stay here but they do. Let's start from the top yet again.

To begin with we initally booked one night but then realized that we needed another night so we booked a second one through our Starwood account. After talking to ther lady on the phone we got it all settled and booked, we had enough points to cover the cost of one night. When I went through my email a couple of days later I noticed that it was booked for the wrong Sheraton in Dallas even though I said the one on Olive Street. They said "Oh were sorry but that one requires even more points and unfortunately you don't have enough. If you'd like you can purchase points online." Well I cancelled the reservation and just booked online instead and I paid for it.

One week before my reservation I called to tell them that we had two seperate reservations but that we would want to just keep the same room. They told me that won't be a problem just let them know when you check in. When we arrived we let them know that we had two seperate reservations and they informed us it was no problem "just call us tomorrow before checkout and we'll transfer the reservation". I think it's important to say that I am here for a conference, we were one of two conferences occuring this week. What I didn't notice when I checked in was that I was given a room key card that was from the other conference. They had special keys for them that I found out later did not work.

The next day I call and tell them I am checking in for my next reservation and they again said no problem we'll take care of it. So we were at the conference all day and after it's over for the day a few of us decide to go out for dinner. I go down to the garage and it says to get out just swipe your room card. I do every direction and nothing happens. I press the call button and it rings but no one answers. This happens 5 TIMES. Finally someone else swipes their card to let us out. We have a great dinner and when I come back it says swipe card to get back in, guess what happens, it doesn't work. After calling another 5 times someone finally picks up and says "I don't know what YOU did but just take another ticket". I was livid. I parked my car and went up the guest services desk which has one person working like always. After standing in line for 25 minutes because this hotel is to ignorant to have more than one employee work it's my turn. I tell the lady that my room key won't let me leave the garage and I'd like to know why. She says "Oh that conference you're with the cards don't open the garage." I tell her I'm not with that conference and she asks why I have their card. I say I don't know you tell me you guys gave it to me. She takes the card and makes a new one along with a seperate card for the garage. I ask for the statement for the first night and she tells me we haven't checked out from the first one. So what I gather is that they are going to charge my card again for the first night even though I have already paid for the second night. The lady behind the desk says oh we didn't check you out we'll have to retrain our staff. No apology at all. Their way of correcting it is by asking if we wanted free breakfast in the morning. Are you serious? I find out this person is some type of supervisor and they're that bad at customer service.

I had a slightly better experience with the room. For the first time ever the AC actually cooled the room. However, it did it at the cost of making tons of noise. The room is 3279, stay out of that room unless you don't want to sleep. Not only that but the lighting is nonexistent in the bathroom and the shower had about as much pressure as a water pistol. I have stayed at the Shearton in Austin, Houston, 4 Points in Houston, and Sheraton in Ft. Worth. All those hotel stand up to the name Starwood has but this one is Dallas is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I like hostels in Europe better than this place. I will be pushing for our conference to change venues in the future because I don't know how much more I can take. Not only is the service piss poor, I didn't even mention that I had called guest services 7 times before they finally answered. The phone would ring and then drop off, I waited for 20 minutes until someone answered, their reasoning we have a lot of calls right now. Maybe if you'd stop being cheap and have more than one person work that problem wouldn't happen. For the outrageous prices you charge for everything you can't afford to have at least three people at your eight computers. I stayed at a 4 diamond hotel in Houston and they had 3 computers with 4 people working the desk at all hours of the day to ensure all guests were served in a timely manner.

The last part of this review will be on the breakfast buffet we got for free. Ordinarily it's $22 and for what? TRASH FOOD. Over cooked eggs, dry bacon and sausage, moldy bread, lackluster grits, and wallpaper paste flavored oatmeal. The only good thing was the cheese blintzes. At that same 4 diamond hotel in Houston we got FREE breakfast and everything was made in house fresh and had much higher quality. I won't even go into all the nickel and dime charges this hotel has just know that you'll pay much more than the price of the room if you want modern ammenities for your room.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. If you have to stay here get a suite because the rest of the rooms are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris S
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay. We have recognized your review and will be addressing all the issues you encountered with the proper team members to make sure that your experience is not repeated by another guest here at the Sheraton Dallas. We appreciate your Starwood loyalty and we hope your next journey is a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.