“At the far reaches of downtown Dallas”

Ranked #40 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Good business hotel, but nothing much in the surrounding area. Restaurants very poor. The bar was great, with great staff, especially Ken and Jason in the bar, who make sure you are looked after at all time. Rooms were okay, but not to the high standard which Sheraton boasts about. Overall, the Sheraton was a good convention or business hotel, but not really somewhere you would take somebody special.

Room Tip: Center tower rooms are closer to everything
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Greetings djosully,

We are happy to hear that Ken and Jason took special care of you during your visit at Draft Sports Media Lounge. If you are looking for another restaurant other than Draft, we recommend The Kitchen Table (also in the hotel and open 6:30am-10pm). We value your thoughts and hope to have you again on your next journey.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton a few weeks back and it was a great stay. Carrie was very helpful and made sure my stay was excellent. Overall, the rooms are of good size and comfortable. For me, by far, the best selling point for an extended stay was the gym. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and quality gyms are hard to come by. The gym at Sheraton Dallas is the best I've seen in a hotel.

Hello frequenttraveler,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stayed and received genuine care and service from Carrie and the Sheraton Dallas team. Thank you for recognizing our state-of-the-art 24/7 Sheraton Fitness Center. Here at Sheraton, we strive to help our travelers train and eat healthy. We trust you were able to take advantage of our complimentary “Gym-in-a-Bag” and our on-demand video workouts. If you didn't get a chance to enjoy these features, we invite you to try them next time you stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful, well maintained hotel! The view from our room in the north tower was spectacular! The room was a perfect size; the bed was SO comfortable!! I really liked the layout of the bathroom too -very large! Fitness centerctr -wow!! Loved it!! We stayed at thethe hotel for a conference being held at the center adjacent to it, and it made it such an easy trek back and forth from hotel room, quick elevators, to conference center. No complaints! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in downtown Dallas at this Sheraton.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for your exciting review! We are glad you enjoyed your view, your room, and your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Your shining review makes us proud to represent the Sheraton Dallas. We encourage you to come back and stay with us again for another special experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 5 days during a convention. While the hotel is very large and sometimes confusing to find where you are going, once I figured it out, it was fine. My room was very nice and updated. Housekeeping was excellent and always fulfilled my requests. Conference rooms were nice and meals were good. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend for a conference.

Greetings alcwHouston,

Thank you for your friendly recommendation. Being the largest Sheraton property in the United States, we help our guests find their way around the hotel with our interactive digital signs to help navigate you to the correct location. Also, our team members are always happy to help guide you.

We enjoyed having you during your convention, and invite you to come back for another delightful stay in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in June 2013 exhibiting at a convention. For such a huge hotel i was amazed by the personalized and attentive customer service that i received. Staff was friendly, courteous and attentive to my needs. Great Downtown location. The rooms were OK, a bit dusty and outdated in need of some cosmetic repairs (especially in the bathroom) but overall it was a pleasant stay. I am more of a Hyatt guy myself and i have to say that my SPG status might be seeing a little more activity now. The best part of this Hotel is the GYM or i should say their health club. Best Gym ever!!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel.

PS: I stayed in the North Tower (The Hotel has 3 different towers).

Room Tip: I heard from reliable sources that you should stay away from the South tower ;)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi jfirson,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts during your journey. We are glad you had a pleasurable stay and enjoyed our state-of-the-art 24/7 Sheraton Fitness Center! Here at the Sheraton Dallas, we genuinely care about our guests health and fitness and value your input on our Fitness Center.

Thank you for your encouraging recommendation, and for your continuous SPG loyalty. We look forward to giving you another pleasurable experience in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for a fairly large convention. We get to the hotel and they only have 2 people working at the check in desk (it should be noted that my convention was not the only convention staying at the hotel) while a third woman shuffled some papers around behind the counter. So we finally get checked in and get lost in an attempt to get to our room located in the north tower. Once we have settled in we head to the "grand hall" for dinner. EVERY single night the wait staff dropped a tray and scattered things on the floor that they did not bother to pick up. We saw roaches and other bugs in the "grand hall" and other convention rooms. It was ridiculous. And the wallas are thin so you can hear the toilet being flushed in the room next to yours. We stayed on the sixth floor and it consistantly smelled like mold and mildew in the hall way. Our room wasn't clean one day and they never threw away trash that was in the room. They left the room service tray in the room for our entire stay. The a/c never seemed to work. I understand it is a green hotel but it was so hot in our room while being freezing cold in the convention halls. Overall for the price we had to pay to stay here the experience was not worth it. It's maybe in Downtown Dallas but there are no good food joints within walking distance unless you want to pay the ridiculous prices at the restaurants in the hotel. Overall it was not a pleasant experience

1  Thank mbbadpi
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hi mbbadpi,
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that did not meet your needs while you were with us for your recent stay. As guest satisfaction is always our top priority, I do hope you had the chance to reach out to our front desk during your stay so we may have had the opportunity to correct the issue you mentioned while you were with us - particularly as a few of which are not characteristic of our property. Since we always strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests, we would love to have you back again in the future for another stay if given the opportunity.

Courtney Van Amburgh
Marketing & Social Media Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Other reviews here suggest that the Sheraton is simply average - typical of a downtown conference hotel. However, my experience was definitely above average. I arrived on a Thursday evening during a conference but was still able to find parking under the hotel ($15) and was given a room on the 35th floor. The room was clean, well designed and appeared to have been recently renovated.

I am a light sleeper and sensitive to hotel noise but found the Sheraton to be well above average in the quietness department. The front desk agent was pleasant and professional and so were another couple of employees I interacted with.

Internet that you have to pay for is irritating but not untypical of similar hotels. Location in the city is fine.

All in all, great service, good value, good property.

Room Tip: High floor always works for me.

Hi euphemus,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. I'm so pleased our property met your needs and provided you with a positive hotel experience while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Courtney Van Amburgh