“This is a great place to stay for business or pleasure!”

Ranked #41 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Sullivan, Missouri
“This is a great place to stay for business or pleasure!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful, well maintained hotel! The view from our room in the north tower was spectacular! The room was a perfect size; the bed was SO comfortable!! I really liked the layout of the bathroom too -very large! Fitness centerctr -wow!! Loved it!! We stayed at thethe hotel for a conference being held at the center adjacent to it, and it made it such an easy trek back and forth from hotel room, quick elevators, to conference center. No complaints! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in downtown Dallas at this Sheraton.

• Stayed June 2013
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for your exciting review! We are glad you enjoyed your view, your room, and your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Your shining review makes us proud to represent the Sheraton Dallas. We encourage you to come back and stay with us again for another special experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 5 days during a convention. While the hotel is very large and sometimes confusing to find where you are going, once I figured it out, it was fine. My room was very nice and updated. Housekeeping was excellent and always fulfilled my requests. Conference rooms were nice and meals were good. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend for a conference.

Greetings alcwHouston,

Thank you for your friendly recommendation. Being the largest Sheraton property in the United States, we help our guests find their way around the hotel with our interactive digital signs to help navigate you to the correct location. Also, our team members are always happy to help guide you.

We enjoyed having you during your convention, and invite you to come back for another delightful stay in the future.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in June 2013 exhibiting at a convention. For such a huge hotel i was amazed by the personalized and attentive customer service that i received. Staff was friendly, courteous and attentive to my needs. Great Downtown location. The rooms were OK, a bit dusty and outdated in need of some cosmetic repairs (especially in the bathroom) but overall it was a pleasant stay. I am more of a Hyatt guy myself and i have to say that my SPG status might be seeing a little more activity now. The best part of this Hotel is the GYM or i should say their health club. Best Gym ever!!!!! I would highly recommend this hotel.

PS: I stayed in the North Tower (The Hotel has 3 different towers).

Room Tip: I heard from reliable sources that you should stay away from the South tower ;)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi jfirson,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts during your journey. We are glad you had a pleasurable stay and enjoyed our state-of-the-art 24/7 Sheraton Fitness Center! Here at the Sheraton Dallas, we genuinely care about our guests health and fitness and value your input on our Fitness Center.

Thank you for your encouraging recommendation, and for your continuous SPG loyalty. We look forward to giving you another pleasurable experience in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for a fairly large convention. We get to the hotel and they only have 2 people working at the check in desk (it should be noted that my convention was not the only convention staying at the hotel) while a third woman shuffled some papers around behind the counter. So we finally get checked in and get lost in an attempt to get to our room located in the north tower. Once we have settled in we head to the "grand hall" for dinner. EVERY single night the wait staff dropped a tray and scattered things on the floor that they did not bother to pick up. We saw roaches and other bugs in the "grand hall" and other convention rooms. It was ridiculous. And the wallas are thin so you can hear the toilet being flushed in the room next to yours. We stayed on the sixth floor and it consistantly smelled like mold and mildew in the hall way. Our room wasn't clean one day and they never threw away trash that was in the room. They left the room service tray in the room for our entire stay. The a/c never seemed to work. I understand it is a green hotel but it was so hot in our room while being freezing cold in the convention halls. Overall for the price we had to pay to stay here the experience was not worth it. It's maybe in Downtown Dallas but there are no good food joints within walking distance unless you want to pay the ridiculous prices at the restaurants in the hotel. Overall it was not a pleasant experience

1 Thank mbbadpi
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi mbbadpi,
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that did not meet your needs while you were with us for your recent stay. As guest satisfaction is always our top priority, I do hope you had the chance to reach out to our front desk during your stay so we may have had the opportunity to correct the issue you mentioned while you were with us - particularly as a few of which are not characteristic of our property. Since we always strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests, we would love to have you back again in the future for another stay if given the opportunity.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Other reviews here suggest that the Sheraton is simply average - typical of a downtown conference hotel. However, my experience was definitely above average. I arrived on a Thursday evening during a conference but was still able to find parking under the hotel ($15) and was given a room on the 35th floor. The room was clean, well designed and appeared to have been recently renovated.

I am a light sleeper and sensitive to hotel noise but found the Sheraton to be well above average in the quietness department. The front desk agent was pleasant and professional and so were another couple of employees I interacted with.

Internet that you have to pay for is irritating but not untypical of similar hotels. Location in the city is fine.

All in all, great service, good value, good property.

Room Tip: High floor always works for me.
Hi euphemus,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. I'm so pleased our property met your needs and provided you with a positive hotel experience while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel has issues with trying to be a top tier hotel with third and fourth rate rooms. DO NOT stay on the 25th floor in the north tower. The noise from anywhere on that floor will drive you crazy and keep you up all night (a constant high pitched whine). The staff will tell you they are not aware of the issue, but after reading many of the review on their own Sheraton reviews page I know this has been a problem for some time. I was moved to another room where the mold was so bad from a leaky AC vent in the ceiling that it gagged me to stay in there-I thought something had died. Housekeeping tried to mask it with deodorizer and finally maintenance came and recommended another room. The third room was adequate. Please be advised that while the beds are plenty comfy, the furniture is veneered and will soon need to be replaced due to chipping and lifting and the upholstery was a little worn on the edges. The top of the desk in the third room had been glued back down and a large smear of glue was obvious. If I had not been staying there with a convention I would have left after the first night. I will NEVER stay in this hotel again, no matter the inconvenience. By the way, they pretend to be high end by charging higher rates and high fees for every little thing including Internet, but there are few amenities offered other than a coffee pot in the room. The convention facility was the best feature of the hotel and very well managed. Beware, you must purchase separate Internet access for the convention area as your room Internet access will not work there. $15.99 per day for room access and a whopping $25 a day for the meetings area. A huge rip off in my opinion.

Room Tip: Never stay on the 25th floor in the north tower.
1 Thank Mommamyres
Hi Mommamyres,
Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that our property did not meet your needs as we always strive to ensure our guests are full satisfied with their stay and have a memorable travel experience. Although your stay was not as pleasant as you deserve, I appreciate you informing us of the issues you had as we will connect with our management team regarding necessary improvements. If given the opportunity, we would like to have you back with us in your future travels.

Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I was in a Jr Suite in the South Tower which feels older, the room came with a sitting area but I didn't think it was worth the higher rate. Next time I'd ask for a room in the Center Tower, it was a bit more updated. The general areas of the hotel are very nice and very convenient to the conference areas.

Hi tamu2003,