“Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I were guests in this hotel the weekend of June 14-16, 2013. This was the wedding of a very dear friend of mine. We had a great experience.

At the front desk, La'Travon was amazing! She went above and beyond for us. We had a million questions from restaurants to attractions (we are from Florida and were first-timers in Dallas, TX), and she answered them all with a smile. The valet parking was such a convenience, and they were swift too! The room was so spacious. But the big wow factor was the Gym. It was humongous! Every piece of work out equipment you could possibly imagine was in there.

Needless to say, we had a wonderful stay. I highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi Renee G,
Thank you for reviewing your experience with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations and also were able to create a memorable wedding weekend while you were with us for your friend's special day. We look forward to having you back.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Deerfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here with family. It is a nice, big, business hotel but a bit bland and expensive. Check in was smooth (if a little long) and offer to put us in a larger room with a pull out couch was very much appreciated. Room was large, clean, and comfortable. Best for business travelers.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and contain pull out couches
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi BigDaddyP5134,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. It's so nice to hear that you and your family had a memorable experience with us during your recent trip to Dallas. We look forward to having you back again with us soon for your next stay with us.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights for a conference, check in ladies were polite and helpful, my room was standard with a king bed, no mini bar or fridge in the room, but otherwise OK. This is a large busy hotel, breakfast is either buffet style or order from the menu, food was pretty bland. Take a walk out there are plenty of small diners where you can get breakfast for half the price. Lunch was provided as part of the conference and was of a fair standard, I never ate an evening meal at the hotel so cannot comment. Internet is not free premium access is $14 a day. There is a sports bar in the hotel which is OK when it's not too busy, when its busy its manic and too loud.

My stay was OK and the conference room rate was a fair price, if you are visiting for a conference expect it to be be busy, suggest you venture outside the hotel for bars and restaurants in the evening.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi EODUK,
We are so pleased that our property met your needs while you were with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel during your recent trip! Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next getaway with us.

Cancun, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

In the last 3 years, I have stayed in different hotels at least 300 days per year. The great majority are in Mexico. A few times I had forgotten things in my room. I ALWAYS got them back. This was the first time ever, that they could not find anything I left behind. And I knew exactly where I left them. Was not much 4-5 Polo T shirts. Called 5 times and always the same answer, no one found anything.

It is too bad because overall I was very happy with the hotel. The staff from the person at reception, to the waiters/waitresses, all were very friendly. Room was very nice and clean. Would definitely have recommended it. I still would. But make sure you do not forget anything in your room, as you will not see it again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Cangar,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I apologize that you encountered complications connecting with our guest services representatives. As we are a large hotel, perfecting all technology when we have very high call volumes is something we are striving to make better. Thank you again for your feedback, and we would love to have you back again with us if given the opportunity.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I am often "underwhelmed" by the service provided. That was not the case at the Sheraton Dallas. Upon check-in, I mentioned to Nicole ( Front Desk ) that I was celebrating a birthday, as well as attending a wedding. My wife and I were hoping for a second honeymoon of sorts.Nicole could not have been more responsive. As a Starwood Preferred Member, Nicole was able to upgrade our room to a Jr. suite, provide concierge floor access, and "gift" us with free internet. The story could happily end here. But one further surprise was yet to come. Nicole remembered my actual birthday( a day later ) and had a bottle wine and chocolate strawberries delivered to our room. Nicole's " over-the-top " service created a sweet memory that my wife and I will always remember

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nathan K
Hi Nathan K,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so happy that Nicole on our front desk team created such a memorable birthday experience for you while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us!

new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a convention hotel for me so I got a good rate. However, I was extremely disapponted in the standard room and the service-- although friendly-- was terrible. Every time I ordered room service they brought the wrong items or forgot things entirely (including coffee that I had ordered with breakfast). At the outdoor patio for lunch, we had to ask the server for a straw for an ice tea about 6 times before he finally brought it.
The check in was a nightmare, very slow and although I am a Starwood member, i could not get access to the special Starwood floor unless I paid an extra $100 per day, $50 each for me and my partner.
And to add insult to injury, the hotel charged my credit card an extra $700 that did not relate to me or my stay and I had to dispute this charge through my credit card company.
The location is in an area where there is nothing going on, it is dead on weekends and there are no places to go in the area for breakfast out side of the hotel. I had to go over to the convention center on Sunday morning to get breakfast, since there was nothing near the hotel and the room service was completely incompetant, and the hotel breakfast restaurant had about 100 people waiting on line.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with access to the Starwood guest amenities, so you can get a decent (though minim...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi TessieNewYork,
Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that our property did not meet your needs as we always strive to ensure our guests are full satisfied with their stay and have a memorable travel experience. If given the opportunity, we would like to have you back with us in your future travels.

Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was more than happy with the assistance both Ally and Quelea gave to my travel partner and me. We had been traveling all day, and when we tried to check into our rooms, our company had not paid the rooms! OMG!!! Never the less, both Ally and Quelea did everything to help us out. They were kind and compassionate. They waited patiently while I was able to track down my guarantor. Most importantly, they didn't make me feel foolish. That is an uncomfortable situation and they treated me with kindness and respect.

Thank you to both!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Mcain62,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. Your comments on Ally and Quelea's excellent service are much appreciated, and we will ensure your comments are forwarded to our management team as it's always nice to know when a member of our team creates a particularly positive guest experience. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.