“Ally and Quelea”

Ranked #40 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was more than happy with the assistance both Ally and Quelea gave to my travel partner and me. We had been traveling all day, and when we tried to check into our rooms, our company had not paid the rooms! OMG!!! Never the less, both Ally and Quelea did everything to help us out. They were kind and compassionate. They waited patiently while I was able to track down my guarantor. Most importantly, they didn't make me feel foolish. That is an uncomfortable situation and they treated me with kindness and respect.

Thank you to both!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Hi Mcain62,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. Your comments on Ally and Quelea's excellent service are much appreciated, and we will ensure your comments are forwarded to our management team as it's always nice to know when a member of our team creates a particularly positive guest experience. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I regularly stay at the Dallas Sheraton and other Starwood hotels as a regular business traveler.

But at the Dallas Sheraton, I was recently upgraded to one of their junior suites that had a "Pure Room" air purifier and it was amazing. Although I have never considered myself a severe allergy sufferer, the clean air effect on my sleep was huge. I highly recommend it!

The Sheraton Dallas is a large downtown Dallas hotel that seems to cater to large groups and meetings, yet the staff is personable and attentive. If you are a SPG member, check out the 27th floor lounge for a light breakfast or a happy hour libation. The service is friendly.

Room Tip: Springtime in Dallas can be a rough place for allergy sufferers. I highly recommend the Sheraton...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hi Bullitt_Fitzhugh,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent experience with our PURE Rooms. Our 18 dedicated hypoallergenic PURE guestrooms are the perfect option for guests who suffer from allergies. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this property in downtown Dallas. After a an early morning flight and a day filled with meetings, I checked into my room and was pleasantly surprised. The accommodations were very comfortable and the amenities are first rate. I went to the Draft Bar to relax for a few minutes and was greeted by possible the best service I have encountered at any property. The level of service and professionalism provided by Hope Chance was second to none.

Hi Robert Y Y,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the excellent experience you had with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. As we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, your feedback is very helpful. We look forward to having you back with us again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our stay was excellent. The service was 1st class when encountering a young lady named Carrie who checked us in. She had great customer service skills, she is truly a people person and made us feel like family. We most definitely will be back. Thanks Carrie for a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi 1traveldee,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that Carrie on our front desk team created such a memorable birthday experience for you while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a junior suite but was upgraded to an exec suite so we were initially wowed. However, the level of service was horrid. Firstly, there was no shower gel, bedroom slippers and when we requested for a travel charger, there was none. We thought this was just the initial hiccup but the poor service was repeated over the next 6 nights we were there. We had to call the guest services line every night without fail. Housekeeping forgets to give a complimentary bottle of water or top up shower gel. We called to give feedback and was instead told initially that each room can only have one bottle of water per day, and thus we are expected to share, or we were told that water is not complimentary and that we had to pay, and the price of water also changes depending on who I spoke to, initially it was $1 per bottle or sthg like that, then the price went up to $4 per bottle. When I requested to speak with the manager, the manager is always in some meeting! And then the guest service officer will call back to say that the water is complimentary and they will send what housekeeping overlooked. When I asked for the mistake not to be repeated, was told that guest services can't promise what housekeeping would do. It's extremely unacceptable service. At check out, we were asked if the stay was pleasant and we said no but all we got was "I'm so sorry abt it." No probing or interest in what went wrong and to rectify the frustrations faced over the 6 days' stay.
Hotel indigo across the road, although smaller and with less facilities, is a better choice in my view.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Hazel S,
Thank you for your review. We will take your comments into consideration as we look at possible adjustments in the future. As we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, your feedback is very helpful. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Typical large business-oriented hotel - no real complaints. Everything was adequate, nothing stood out. Our rooms weren't ready when we arrived at about 3:30 pm (it was a busy time), so we had to sit in the bar/restaurant and wait for a room to be cleaned. There's a flight check-in kiosk off the main desk area and free computers on the main floor (I needed to do some work that was beyond the device I had with me - so this was helpful). Big open restaurant on the main floor that's good for meeting people. The room was average. (I was there less than a month ago and I've really already forgotten the room.) My biggest complaint was the extreme difficulty I had in changing my reservation prior to my arrival - to arrive a day later than planned. I had to make numerous calls to the main reservation line and directly to the hotel as the hotel was fully booked and I couldn't change the reservation online. I was always told someone would get back to me - no one ever did. Took me a couple weeks to make sure they wouldn't cancel my reservation when I arrived a day later than originally booked (even though I knew and agreed I'd have to pay for the night I was canceling). All in all, adequate, but forgettable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hi Bjgr,
We apologize you did not receive the service experience you should have with the Sheraton Dallas. Although your feedback is helpful to us as we determine areas we can improve in the future, we would still like the opportunity to make it right with you. If given the chance, we would love to have you back with us.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went there for a conference and I must say I was impressed. Jamie and Alisa are my favorite bartenders at the hotel. They made my stay so entertaining and enjoyable and I will definitely return and stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor South Tower level 29
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi Samir C,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that our bartenders, Alisa and Jamie, exceeded your expectations while you were with us. Your comments are much appreciated, and we will ensure our management team is aware of your kind mentions. We look forward to having you back with us in your future travels!