“Great Stay”

Ranked #40 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed with our grand kids her for spring break. We stayed in one of the executive suites for a couple of days. The room was amazing, the staff was very helpful and friendly. This is a great location to the Dart Rail system so you can get to quite a few places in the city by that. This was not our first time to be staying here and it will not be our last.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hi Scott D,
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us during Spring Break. It is so nice to hear you had such a memorable experience and were able to take advantage of our DART Rail System, which is such a convenient, easy method of transportation guests can utilize while they're with us. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff couldn't be better. They treat every customer as if they were important even when they are (clearly in my case) just lowly guests. James Rachels stands out as especially outstanding but, quite honestly, all of the staff were amazing. Their friendliness is unsurpassed (I have stayed at a LOT of hotels) and their willingness to help is truly exceptional. Thank you, to all of you, at the Dallas Sheraton. Thank you, James, for being more than accommodating and gracious. You should get a HUGE raise. :) Thank you!!!

Hi corina s,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations while you were on-property. Come back and see us again soon on your future travels!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice Hotel, nice amenities. Staff is attentive and professional. Carrie at the front desk was particularly notable as professional, courteous, friendly and helpful. The only complaint is bars and restaurants are 3-4 blocks away and staff needs to be more proactive and accurate in giving directions to same.

Hi reechkeesh,
Thank you for positive feedback regarding your recent experience with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Carrie went above and beyond to exceed your service expectations while you were with us on-property. Although there is dining in our hotel and inside Plaza of the Americas, which we share a sky bridge with, our concierge is always able to provide countless dining options nearby that are within walking distance or within a five minute drive from the hotel. We would love to have you back with us on your next stay in Dallas.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Dallas for a convention. Allly and Carrie met me with smiling faces and started my trip off well. They even gave me a free room upgrade. I highly recommend both the hotel as well as its staff.

Hi Lysa C,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Carrie and Ally went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and provide you with top-tier service while you were with us. We will ensure our management team is aware of your mentions, and we eagerly await having you back with us on your next stay in Dallas.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We came to Dallas for a quick vacation over spring break and had so much fun at the Sheraton. Fortunately, we met the bar staff at the Draft early on. The bar tenders, in particular Jay Hurley, were entertaining, professional, accommodating, and a lot of fun. Jay provided us with excellent recommendations for food, bars, and attractions and made sure we were enjoying ourselves during our time in Dallas. I would recommend this hotel for the friendly and helpful staff alone!

• Stayed: March 2013

Hi AlexisFBI,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that our bartender, Jay, exceeded your expectations and gave you top tier service in our onsite sports bar, Draft Media Sports Lounge. Your comments are much appreciated and we will ensure Jay as well as our management team are aware of your kind mentions. We look forward to having you back with us in your future travels!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently visited the Sheraton Dallas hotel for a weekend get away. After a long 4 hour drive I arrived at the hotel tired and completely frustrated because of traffic, drive time, etc. Upon arrival I was greet at the registering desk by a lovely young lady by the name of Kimberly Huft. Her charismatic charm and bubbly personality immediately put a smile on my face. She honestly turned what had the makings of a bad day/trip into a win for me and I truly appreciate that. I am now a proud Sheraton Reward member due to the excellent service I received. I'd gladly recommend the Sheraton Dallas to friends, family & peers!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Julius B,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Kim on our guest services team went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and was able to turn your travel experience around upon your arrival. We will ensure our management team is aware of your comments about her service, and we eagerly await having you back with us on your next stay in Dallas!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I wanted to attend some events in the art's district at night. This is a great location compared to other downtown hotels.

The middle of downtown Dallas can be a little too quiet for comfort at night. With all the Federal Buildings, it's probably very safe. I felt the most comfortable walking from the Sheraton (the Marriott, and the Fairmont would be OK also).

This hotel is on the edge of the art district. It's a safe and easy walk at night from the hotel to: the Windspear Opera House, Meyerson Symphony Center, the Nasher and the Dallas Museum of Art (which is open until midnight, the second Friday of each month).

I had an amazing view of downtown from the 33rd floor. There was a storm, and I watched the skyline appear and disappear as fog rolled through. My room was clean and up to date. The Starwood beds are wonderful. I was very happy and will make this my hotel of choice when I visit Dallas.

If you don't rent a car, the DART transit center is on the south side of the hotel, and the light rail is on the north entrance.

One tip I have is that Avis at the Adolphus hotel is open on Sunday. It's the only rental car currently in the downtown area with Sunday hours. The breakfast buffet at the Adolphus was a very good buy at $14.

Room Tip: The center tower has the best views of downtown. The north towers has some good views of the arts d...