“Good hotel”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
atlanta ga
“Good hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I staying at the Sheraton for business and I have only good things to report. The staff are nice. The kitchen table restaurant in the hotel is awesome. They have a catfish Reuben that is to die for. The only downside is the location, it's located in the arts district so not much goes on here. You will have to take the DART (train) or the trolley to get to a different area. I rode an old school trolley yesterday that took me to the west end and that was fun. The west end district has a few restaurants and more people frequent the area. Anyway back to the hotel, the rooms are clean and spacious. There isn't a typical dresser just a small 3 drawer unit, enough space for me to put my unmentionables, pajamas and work out clothes. The hotel is fairly big but after being here a few days you will find your way with no problem. All in all a good hotel. Hope you enjoy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi Tanisha M,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so happy you had such a memorable stay with us during your trip to Dallas. We look forward to having you back with us!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel 11/23/12-11/25/12. Our room was fabulous, Executive Suite, 780 sq. ft. Two separate rooms, 2 queen beds in bedroom, sofa sleeper in living area, two HDTV's, two closets, SPECTACULAR view of downtown Dallas! We stayed because of the Suite Promo Package which included free parking and two free breakfast buffets. The fitness facility was hands-down the best we had ever seen. It was too cold to enjoy the 4th floor rooftop outdoor pool which was disappointing because it looked amazing. Two things that were lacking could have made the stay perfect...free Wifi and a room refrigerator (had to pay extra if you wanted those). The DART rail stop is just across the street and we rode it to and from the American Airlines Arena for the Maverik's game. Business center was teriffic too!

Room Tip: Executive Suites in the North Tower on upper floors provide a spectacular view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi NM_Traveler944,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and were able to create a memorable stay for you during your stay with us a few months ago. We also love the views of downtown Dallas from many of guest rooms in the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We look forward to having you back!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I own a lighting showroom in Charlottesville, Va and recently went to Dallas to the lighting market. We stayed at the Sheraton downtown in Dallas and their service, the room, the food, the people all exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful experience and suggest you try it for yourself. Give them an opportunity to transform your stay and make you feel at home. You will want for nothing.

Hi Nancy B,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations and helped provide you a memorable stay with us during your trip to Dallas. Come back and see us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Phones in room didn't work (and entire hotel for that matter), could not order room service, gift shop could not accept credit cards, hair in my coffee maker where the water goes, hair on the bathroom floor, handle fell off shower faucet. I expected much better, especially as an SPG member.

The good-- the room was a nice size. That's about it.

Hi Clare512,
We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry your experience was less than satisfactory as it is very uncharacteristic of our property. As our guests' satisfaction is always our top priority, I hope you were able to connect with our front desk team so that we may have had the opportunity to make the issue right while you were with us. However, we will certainly reach out to our management team regarding your mentions. We value your loyalty as an SPG member, and if given the opportunity, we would love to have you back in the future.

Severn, MD
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I woke up around 3:30 a.m. and heard a peculiar noise; went around the room and found a chewed up chocolate bar, unmistakably a mouse's work. This was on the 10th floor.

A picture was shown to the hotel staff as well as sent to Starwood's customer service email. Never heard a word.

Picture available.

Other poor things about this hotel are (1) a very uncomfortable bathroom, and (2) hidden service fees for room service.

Room Tip: CHECK FOR SIGNS OF MICE; on my first night I noticed a kind of "hairy" corner on the rug...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi CoolHeaded,
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry your experience with us was not all you hoped it would be; however, I appreciate the information you provided in regards to the mice, which, although uncharacteristic of our property, is something we will certainly connect with our operations team on should there be an issue. Please note that we have not had an issue with them previously, but we will certainly look into it since guests' satisfaction is always our top priority. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for a week for business. I booked a Junior Suite with a King bed, but unfortunately these rooms were under construction or something and there were none available, not sure why I could book it. As a result they upgraded me to an Executive Suite with two double beds, not ideal, but it worked out.

The rooms in this hotel are in desperate need of an upgrade. The first room I was given had an awful smell, so I requested to be moved. The next room smelled fine but had a whistling sound coming from the air conditioner, so I had to ask for that to be fixed. It took hours before I could settle in and go to bed.

Additionally, this hotel is huge, it takes forever to get anywhere. The tower I was in was separate from the tower with the club lounge, so to use the club lounge I had to go all the way down to the lobby and up in another elevator bank. The club lounge was outstanding though, offering free wine and beer. It also had a nice view. Unfortunately it took so long to get there that I only went once.

All in all the staff was very helpful and were really the high point of the stay. The gym was also extremely large which was nice. If this hotel had a major renovation I think it could be a decent place to stay. However as of now, I would not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hi thatsamaura,
Thank you for your feedback. Thank you for your review. We're sorry you encountered the experience you did as it is very uncharacteristic of our property. We will connect with our operations team regarding your mentions, and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. If given the opportunity we would love to have you back in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My thoughts on the room: Small. Old. Well Kept. Did I mention small?
It's clearly an older property, but overall, impressively maintained room. It was VERY small (big enough only for an armchair, and if I rolled the desk chair away from the desk, it hit the bed). The bathroom was especially small. I have a new appreciation for curved shower rods - The tub was a bit narrow, and there's not a whole lot of room to move. The Internet never worked in my room - Either wired or wireless (I had four devices, and could connect none - But all of them worked in the lobby). I called their tech support, but nothing ever worked. The high point was the workout facility. It was truly top notch, even though it took some doing to find a treadmill that worked (The first had an inoperative TV, the next two has broken inclines).

Hi ladderless,
We appreciate your feedback. Although your guest room was smaller than you hoped for, we are pleased to hear it didn't affect your overall stay with us. For your next stay with us, we do offer upgrades to larger rooms if you should choose to take advantage of those options. We look forward to having you back with us again in your future travels.