“Drafts Sports Bar”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Drafts Sports Bar”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Drafts Sports Bar in the Sheraton was great! The chili was awesome and we had a very personable waiter, Aaron. Also great drink menu! Tons of tv's to see any sport from all directions. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hi Amy T,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our upscale sports bar, Draft Media Sports Lounge, in the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We're so pleased that it exceeded your expectations, and we look forward to having you back with us again!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Big, convention-style hotel without any character but clean and good value. Very comfortable beds, modern/renovated rooms, and clean bathrooms. Some minor complaints -- the pre-set phone buttons (e.g., concierge, front desk, customer service) all dialed into a message box. It was hard to call the front desk, which was annoying. Food at sports bar was plain and average. But overall a good deal for a brief stay downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi CDP5,
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to having you back with us again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ok, I have NEVER seen a better gym at a hotel. Let me just get that out of the way. AWESOME GYM!

I found the staff here to be very friendly. Check-in was fast as I was there at the right time. A few hours later, a saw a line of about 45 people waiting to check-in. If I were in that line, this would be an entirely different review.

My room was on the 32nd floor.

I am really starting to think that maybe 4 Star means "nicer bathroom". The bathroom was VERY nice. Would have liked to have seen a separate bath and not the bath/shower set up, but what can you do. The rest of the space was nice, but nothing "special". The actual room itself was small. Not much room for much outside of the King bed.

They offer free wifi in the lobby. They offer, and this was new to me at a 4 star, a free water! Just one. (See attached photo) 1 free water and the other is $4! Huh? Come on. Seriously? You really have to see the photo. The bottle of water being offered costs them MAYBE 14 cents. They charge 4 bucks. But one of them is free? Weird.

ATTENTION HOTEL OWNERS: STOP CHARGING FOR (IN ROOM) BOTTLED WATER! Charge me a buck more to stay at the hotel and give me the water already! This is a huge issue for me at pricier hotels. 3 stars seem to almost ALWAYS give free water, free parking, free wifi etc. Move up to 4 star and not only do you get to PAY more for the room, they want to nickel and dime you. What is next, pay-per-use toilet? Come on. At least this Sheraton gives you 1 of the 2 bottle free.... I guess.

No robes in the room. The shower/tub had a nasty looking stain right in the middle of it. Old and dirty looking phones in my room. Time for a phone upgrade. I think hotel phones are really overlooked these days. Get rid of them, or upgrade them! Nice hi-def flat panel TV to watch all your favorite channels.

Ah, the faucets in the bathroom: (See photo) This is a picture of how the faucets look BEFORE use. Maybe they are trying to start a new fad?

Bed was very confortable. Really soft and cozy.

Could not figure out the heat/air conditioning. I spent maybe 30 minutes during my stay trying to get the room warmer. Impossible. The wall thermostat made absolutely NO sense. I froze all night.

Did I mention the gym? It was HUGE and had everything you could possibly need.

There was a convention going on at the time I was there. Seemed almost like a party. Too much of a party if you ask me...

Overall, good place to stay, especially if you want to get some exercise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Baronent,
We appreciate your review and are so happy you had such a positive experience with us. Regarding your mentions on cost, we will connect with our management team regarding any adjustments we can make in the future. We would love to have you back with us again!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The location was great a few blocks from downtown, the rooms was a little smallbut the price was a good deal.. the food was great at The Draft the beer was a little pricey but other then that great service.

• Stayed December 2012
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hi vargasy86,

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2013

For a Sheraton property I wasn't at all impressed with this property. I think the only thing going for this location is few amenities worth visiting - the rooftop pool, spacious gym, and outdoor fire pits.

Decor: Decent typical size rooms with midsize windows. Typical sheraton decor throughout the hotel, but it was missing something... Felt like walking through a bad Atlantic City casino hotel...

Service: Nothing too memorable. Bar/Lounge downstairs took their time in serving our table. Not impressed.

Location: In downtown, but there isn't anything to do in downtown. If you choose to stay here, make sure you rent a car or are ready to spend money on cabs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi cmaidance,
Thank you for your feedback. As we are constantly striving to improve our hospitality and service in all areas, your comments are very helpful. We would love to make it right with you if given the opportunity to have you back with us.

Louisiana
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Tv never worked properly other than that is was alright but nothing special. valet parked my car and a cab driver backed into it. Food the restaurant was horrible. Drunkard laying on the floor of the lobby.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi gene3811,
Thank you for your feedback. As we are constantly striving to improve our hospitality and service in all areas, your comments are very helpful. We truly apologize for experience you encountered during your stay with us, and I will directly connect with our management team regarding your mentions. We would love to make it right with you if given the opportunity to have you back with us.

Boston, Ma
Reviewed January 5, 2013

First off I would like to mention that many people on here are hard to please in general, thus their negative reviews. My friend and I just came to Dallas from December 27 - January 1 (my second time in Dallas). We were very pleased with our stay and the hotel and I personally thought it was nicer than the Hyatt Regency in downtown. The room had the typical hotel setup, two queen beds and upon entering a bathroom to the right. Our room was on the 32nd floor of the North Tower and was clean, spacious, and up to standards, unless of course your hard to please in general. We did venture to other floors and I will say that some areas of the hotel were updated more than others, but nothing to complain about. If you are here on business what is there to complain about, the beds and pillows were more than comfortable. If you want top notch don't be afraid to open your wallet and go stay at the W hotel or Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view. 32nd floor of North Tower was very nice.