“Big hotel pretty good renovation”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Austin,tx
“Big hotel pretty good renovation”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when it was an Adams Mark. This is the hotel $90 million later. The appearance of the hotel and amenities are very good and well done. There are a few issues that closer inspection after the remodel is needed. Housekeeping is a slight weak spot. E.g. My coffee maker still had the grounds from previous occupant of room. I threw them in the trash can. No big deal; except the toilet paper holder wasnot secured. It came apart, TheTP fell in the tras can and absorbed old coffee. Then the plug in the bath tub came out. Hosekeeping did not fix the TP holder or even replace the TP roll. Other than housekeeping and maintenance everyone was very first class. I was at a large convention and checking was excellent.

Room Tip: My GPS did not have Sheraton Dallas & did not recognize "North" Olive. As a POI use...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hi Austin720,
Thank you for your comments. I apologize your housekeeping experience was less than you hoped for, and we are sorry for any inconvenience. As we are constantly striving to improve our hospitality and service in all areas, your feedback is very helpful. We would love to have you back with us in the future.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We came to Dallas for a Training Conference with Legal Shield but our travel agent left us one day short on our reservation. Upon our arrival and check in, we shared our situation with Katie, who greeted us with a friendly welcome hello and warm smile and was immediately given assurance that we would be taken care of and not to worry. She provided us with an option that actually saved us additional money and added value to our stay. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The next trip to Dallas, we'll be certain to stay at this Sheraton.

Hi Bob Z,
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. Your kind words about Katie are much appreciated as we always like to hear particularly memorable guest experiences. It is good to know that our service exceeded your expectations while you were with us. We eagerly anticipate having you back again in the future!

Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I found the Sheraton Dallas Hotel very nice! The rooms were spacious, beds were comfortable which is very important to me because of arthritis in my body. My only complaint was very expensive food at the Kitchen Table Restaurant. I live in Alaska and their prices were high compared to what I think is high in Alaska. Customer Service overall was great, when they know they have multiple conventions coming in at the same time, they should staff more front desk staff. Also Should not need to charge you for wi-fi, $16 for $24 hours! OUCH! Larger trash receptacles in each room would also be nice. Minor issues, but as a whole a great hotel, very clean, and comfortable!

Room Tip: We were in the Center tower and the rooms were very large and clean.
Hi Kari R,
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and would love to have you back with us again in the future!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was in town for a Training Convention being held in the hotel. At check-in, after waiting an HOUR, the Front Office Manger checked me in and over-charged me. I questioned her and she said it was a $40 extra "tourism fee". Being a former hotel Front Office Manager and above myself, I questioned this and was responded to very rudley and said I had to pay it, so I did. Upon entering my room, I questioned my roommates and they all said that they paid $40 less than I did. I went down the next day and requested a copy of the 1st night's room and tax. At first the clerk said it was unavailable. I told her that I was a former hotel employee for many years in my hometown and that I wanted to see a copy of the first night room and tax that was posted during audit. She FINALLY produced it. Of course it was incorrect so I asked to speak to a Manager who was the Front Office Manager who originally checked me in! I showed her that one night room and tax multiplied by my number of nights was incorrect and that she had indeed overcharged me. Finally, she admitted that she was wrong and refunded me the $40 I was overcharged. During my stay there, NONE of the vending machines were stocked so you HAD to go to the Gift Shop and purchase a coke for $3 or a water for a minimum of $4. On the day of arrival we decided to have lunch in the hotel bar, Draft. The service was slow and after telling the waiter my drink order (coke), he proceeded to bring me a refill of tea which I explained explicitly that I am allergic to! The food was sub-par as well. The next day, I ate in Draft as well and ended up having to get a to-go box because apparently and hour is too long to make an order of french fries and I ended up having to throw them away! On the thrid night, we decided to eat in the actual restaurant, The Kitchen Table. The service was soooooo slow!!!! We sat down at 8pm and immediatley ordered our food since we had previewed the menu and knew what we wanted. I also ordered an alcoholic beverage. My beverage arrived around 8:30pm. Everyone ordered the New York Strip which we all had to cut with a BUTTER knife because no steak knives were available. I could understand this if the restaurant had been packed, but there were maybe 6-8 other tables!!! Our dinner was served around 8:45pm and by 9:15 we were done and ready to order dessert. We had to flag down our waitress to order and she brought our receipts along with dessert since we requested her to. I asked her to split the dessert between me and my friend which she said was not possible. After that interaction, we never saw her again. At 9:30 I had to flag down another waiter to ask to speak to the manager and when he finally came, he was apologetic and removed half of our total from our bills. After leaving the restaurant, I returned to my room and tried to contact the front desk with a question. NO ONE answered. I tried the Concierge...nothing. I tried to call anyone on the hotel listing and NO ONE answered the phone! That is UNACCEPTABLE customer service! If I had been running the hotel, I would have fired everyone! That is a serious safety risk when no one will even answer a freaking phone! I didn't have time in the morning to stop by the front Desk to get my receipt. It would not have mattered anyway because only 3 people were available and it looked like there would have been another hour wait. So I called today to get my receipt emailed to me. I was assured that it was sent, but I kept waiting. I had to call BACK and get someone else who said it had been sent. I asked her to spell the e-mail address where it was sent and it was misspelled after I had repeatedly told the 1st girl how to spell it! Not to mention, my StarPoints are NOT on my account from my visit! I have NEVER in my life seen such a poorly run Full Service Hotel! I myself, ran the Marriott in my city during 2 MAJOR hurricanes and NEVER let my employees customer service slack ONCE! I will not be recommending this hotel to ANYONE nor will I EVER be returning! And, I know that MANY of my colleagues were infuriated as well and do not want to return again either! When I return to Dallas I would rather pay twice the price and stay some where where I am going to actually get a little customer service!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Pay a little more and get better service!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi Leann W,
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry we were not able to meet your needs and would like additional feedback from you regarding your experience. We will connect with our management team regarding the situation you mentioned, and we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If given the opportunity we would love to have you back in the future.

Lake Worth, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was a guest this past weekend with my fellow Slumber Parties consultants for a National Training event. Because I was arriving later than my roommates, and the reservations were made and being paid for by me, I was asked to fill out a credit card authorization. Long story short, a mistake was made and my card was charged four times for the entire stay.

When I saw what had happened, I called the hotel and, after speaking to a couple of people, was finally put into contact with Katie and Kim in reservations. They were so sweet and helpful. I was incredibly stressed, as this mistake caused my bank account to be significantly overdrawn - the night before I was to be leaving Florida to come to Texas. You can image the upset this caused, financially and emotionally.

Everything was eventually taken care of, thanks to Katie and Kim's hard work and dedication. Then during my stay, my card was charged again (this time $50) and I came down, spoke to Katie, and she again took care of it right away. Good customer service is hard to come by these days and when I see it, I really appreciate it.

Also, Chris and Frank at the front door were great! As a smoker, in between classes my girls and I would all go down for a quick little break. Everyone on staff was nice and polite, but Chris and Frank always seemed to go a step further with a kind word, a funny joke, or a handy lighter (since I always seemed to leave mine in the room). They definitely brightened our day and we found we looked forward to seeing them on our many smoke breaks.

In a world where common courtesy and just plain, old fashioned niceness are the exception-not the rule , it's so refreshing to find it, not just in one person but in FOUR!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi Brandy O,
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. Your kind words about the service you received from our team here are much appreciated as we always like to hear particularly memorable guest experiences. Come back and see us again soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A good choice for travelers seeking weekend value rates in downtown Dallas. Surprisingly nice and tasteful room decor for a large convention hotel. You'll do a lot of walking in this hotel as it is quite large. Club room is very nice and well appointed but not very convenient to those in north or south towers. Great, great fitness facility. One of the best I've ever used in a hotel. Only real negative was the impossible electronic thermostat in the room. Could never get the room to a comfortable temperature. Parking is on the expensive side but convenient. The lobby music is far too loud and Texas for my taste. You'll certainly know you are in Dallas.

Room Tip: use 4th floor to connect to central tower where amenities can be reached
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hi sf2world,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. I am sorry your guestroom A/C and music played in our lobby were not satisfactory to your needs, but I am glad that they did not affect the overall outcome of your trip. We would love to have you back with us again in the near future!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The best part of our stay was Frank the valet, he went above and beyond to help out in getting my friends and I to the airport within our budget. He exceed our expectations and we know we will be back because of Frank. He worked diligently to ensure that he provided the best possible customer care and that week always be remembered. thank you Frank!

• Stayed September 2012
Hi Abarr1986,
Thank you for your kind comments about the excellent service you received from Frank with our Sheraton Dallas Hotel valet team. We are so happy that his service stood out to you and was able to add to a memorable experience during your stay. Come back and see us again soon!