“Review”

Ranked #37 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Dallas Sheraton Hotel for a business trip and I wanted to recognize a few people that I feel went out of their way to make my stay more enjoyable.

On Monday I had breakfast in my room and Camarina delivered the meal. First it was right on time and delicious but Camarina went above and beyond by taking her time to explain how to find the conference center and the conference rooms I would be in for my meeting. She also said if I had any problems to contact her and she would escort me personally to the rooms to make sure I found them on time. Thank you your explaination was great but most importantly your kindness was perfection!

Then the night before I was to leave I was having difficulty using the Airline Online check in service the hotel provides in the lobby and I was wondering how to arrange for a taxi for a ride to the airport in the morning. Jose saw I was struggling with the US Air onlne check in and not only did he put me in contact with the concierge Dan Macey to help with my check in but he made all the arrangements I would need for a car service in the morning to the airport. Thanks Jose you made 2 of my worries go away!

An lastly the concierge Dan Macey not only did my online check in quickly and efficiently but he recommended a delicious restaurant only minutes from the hotel (and gave my friend and I a voucher for 2 free desserts!). Dan, your professionalism matched with a great personality makes you a true asset in the concierge department!

Thank you for making my stay great!

Warmest regards,
Pamela

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Hi Pamela S,

Thank you so much for your recommendations of our excellent staff who were able to assist you with your needs during your travels. I will make sure they receive your kind words as we always enjoy hearing about the experiences our guests have during their stays with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel.

Come back and see us again soon!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel offered a variety of restaurants and bars, all of which were clean & had pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank i2smile

Hi i2smile,

Thank your for your kind review of our onsite hotel amenities, close proximity to dining and nightlife establishments as well as our staff who provided you with a pleasant experience.

We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during a conference last week. Smooth check-in process. A rather shaky elevator ride up to the 36th floor. I usually don't like to be up that high but the hotel was full. I figured at least I would have a good view. And I would have, if the window wasn't covered in a thick film of dirt. The room itself seemed very clean. And it's a large room. Good assortment of pillows (as someone with a trick neck this is an important feature). VERY nice cyber-lounge area that connects to the nicer of two bars, a great place to relax. Location seemed safe but any decent restaurant is about a half-mile walk at least. The convention center is a little over a mile walk. If I were to go back for another conference at the CC I would probably look for something closer and also closer to restaurants.

1  Thank JerseyFlyer

Hi JerseyFlyer,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Sheraton Dallas. Although you were not able to take advantage of the dining and sightseeing options you hoped for, we have a plethora of choices within close proximity to the hotel, which our concierge team are always able to provide you with. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience and onsite common area and in-room amenities.

We always strive to ensure our guests feel all the comforts of home during their travels, so your feedback is very helpful. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I just want to say what a delightful person your Concierge lady is, Donna Visneau. Donna was so helpful on so many occasions during our recent stay and what a great personality.

From Jamie in the Cayman Islands. (How’s the Cool Ade, lol?)

My only 2 issues are, the sink in the room didn’t hold water, the plug doesn’t work. I reported it twice to the front desk. The water pressure in the shower was not very strong. Room 1633.

Room Tip: My room was very nice.

Hi Jamie D,

Thank you for your helpful review. We have an excellent concierge team at Sheraton Dallas so we enjoy hearing about your experience. Thank you also for informing us of your sink drainage and shower water pressure complications in your guestroom, and we will certainly see what needs to be done to fix the problem.

We appreciate your valuable feedback, and look forward to having you back with us again!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel was very good. Our room was clean and well appointed. We tried to get two adjoining rooms but the best they could do was rooms a separate floors. Self parking was conveniently located in a multi-floor garage across the street. The Hotel was close to the city train which we used each day to go to the convention center.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Hi FloridaTravelingJoe,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our public and private transportation options while visiting as well because it certainly makes getting from A to B convenient and hassle free. Next time when you book at Sheraton Dallas, we are happy to try and accommodate your request for adjoining rooms if you are able to give us advance notice.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back with us soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you don't mind a hot room stay here. If you don't mind not having a hair dryer in your room, stay here. If you don't mind ice makers on floors that don't have ice, stay here. If you don't mind elevators that won't stop on floor 18, stay here. If you don't mind paying $12.95 per day to use the internet in your room, stay here. If you hate getting a free USA today delivered at your door, stay here. Basically paid $212.00 for one nights stay in a hot room, no ice, no free internet, no hair dryer, no USA Today. Have stayed at Super 8 and got better deals an for much less. Hotel is old and not worth the price. Downtown Dallas not the best destination either.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Hi RoadHogGreenville,

Thank you for your review. We always strive to provide a top tier experience for our guests, and I apologize your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Our front desk team is always willing and able to assist guests with any maintenance and amenity issues you have during your stay.

Although we do have a 24 hour business center and complimentary WiFi throughout the common areas of our hotel, I'm sorry that your in-room WiFi usage and cost was not what you had hoped for. Your feedback is helpful, and we will certainly be looking into how we can improve the items you detailed in your review.

We hope you'll come back and see us again.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Rarely do I gush about the service I receive at major hotel chains anymore, but this Sheraton is doing something right. I average about 80 nights a year in various hotels, for both work and pleasure travel, and most of them hold no memory for me, but this Sheraton stands out because of the staff. I arrived late and cranky due and in some discomfort from back spasms. Lauren Thomas at the front desk was very welcoming and even offered to upgrade me to a suite with a bathtub so I could soak. Impressive service. Big clean rooms, if a little out of date. Clean, comfortable and spacious. Everything is big in Texas, and I could almost have played a game of football in the suite I was given. Every single member of the staff at this hotel was friendly, kind, and welcoming and the food (both room service and the food my company was served by their catering service) was excellent. Great little coffee bar on the first floor, fast and free wifi, and love how business travelers have a whole space to themselves off one of the main lobbies. It's not a cramped business center, but more of an open air coffee shop vibe. Will definitely recommend and hope we can host more meetings at this hotel.

Room Tip: Same tip I always give, be kind and gracious, smile, and ASK.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
sheratondallas400, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for the positive review and are so happy that Lauren took great care of you during you stay with us. It is nice comming in contact with positive associates that want to go above and beyond to help you and that is what we take pride in here at the Sheraton Dallas.