“Outstanding staff....we will be back”

Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Ranked #44 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding staff....we will be back”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The staff was knowledgable and friendly. The room was superb and immaculate. The overall experience was outstanding

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The Sheraton is ALWAYS my FIRST choice when I'm working in the downtown Dallas, TX area. ALL of the staff is friendly and accomodating and the rooms are very comfortable.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was in the DFW area for a meeting in May with a co-worker. We had just completed the BBQ-Brisket trail from the Austin area on Sunday and had 3 days of all day meetings, presentations, etc. for M-F. The Sheraton was an oasis of cool (both temps and tempers) but warm (hospitality). We fell right in. We met with clients and went out for dinner. Valet staff were very helpful and patient with us standing and parking in the area. Check in staff were helpful. I received an upgrade due to using valet parking service. We ended up going to the DFW Gun Range a few times and some local BBQ Brisket spots and Italian restaurants based upon recommendations from the Concierge. We enjoyed a fine Indiana spiced rum called Kracken (I highly recommend for sipping), We shot pool in the 1st floor sports bar in between watching Mavs games. I launched a ball off the table that landed on a ladys foot. Beware if you are in range. She said not a word and slowly walked away. Each day we would hit the exercise facility to burn a few of the zillion calories we put on each day. The facility was great, tons of cardio equipment, great views out the window into the shallow pool. The Rooms were very quiet and clean the bedding fluffy for great sleep, and plenty of AC power was on tap when needed. I hope the housing staff didnt mind all the greasy brisket paper wrapping I left in my suites antechamber. That stuff is great but its spooky oily/greasy when left to soak into the wrapper. I would recommend this facility for work and pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask and yee may receive, be witty, it cant hurt
Mabank, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The staff was very cordial and helpful. The staff was very courteous. The room wa excellent and comfortable. I cannot think of a single complaint concerning the accomodations or the staff.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I decided to visit this hotel for the Memorial Day weekend for some R & R.
--The air was not working on my floor, and when the maintenance guy arrived on my 3rd night he said they just found out the air had been down for 2 days!!
-- No free wifi; parking was $21/night; hard beds
--The club lunge was on the other side of the hotel in a separate tower so in order to enjoy the member amenities I'd have to fight through the large crowds downstairs.
--The hotel was taken over by a church conference group and the halls, lobby, skybridge, restaurant, front entrance, lounge areas were full of people all the time. Every staff member was overextended and check-in and checkout lines were ridiculous. Not a bell boy to help anyone who was not with the conference. Luggage all over and people standing around....MASS CHAOS for 3 days! It was not relaxing and even when I spoke with the concierge after getting my checked bags she said she felt sorry for me and acknowledge that I probably was not able to get much R&R.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Arkansas
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Very pleasant hotel -
it has a good location that is close to many tourist attractions.

SOUTH TEXAS
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This was my first stay at this great property. The hotel is located near several historical attractions and other points of interest/entertainment. All staff members I came into contact with from day 1 until it was time for us to checkout greeted us enthusiastically - and proactively offered any assistance with bags, directions, etc. Staff members in the vallet area were cheerful and motivated when offering directions, dinner suggestions, or arranging our taxi service.

My family and I occupied 2 rooms in the north tower - both were very clean and well appointed. The beds were SO comfortable and the bathrooms were large and stocked with soft towels and a great makeup/shaving mirror. We had beautiful city views from our windows in both rooms. We stayed during a very busy weekend as there was a Knights of Columbus conference among others booked, however, our rooms were very quiet even as we prepared to checkout. I was very impressed with the lobby and how expansive it is. There is a yummy yogurt shop downstairs, a Peet's coffee, and a well-stocked gift shop among other restaurants/bar areas. I forgot to pack my hair styling items at home and was able to purchase hair mousse, hair gel and a pack of bobby pins easily at the gift shop.

As big as this hotel is I was able to take a lengthy personal phone call in the lobby without being distracted by noise or interrupting others. There are various comfortable seating areas in the lobby were one can sit and take a phone call, wait for a guest, etc. and not feel hurried.

If I have a complaint it would be a lack of bellman luggage carts/trolleys. I realize it was a busy weekend, however, we were unable to secure one during our stay at both check-in AND check-out. All of the carts were being utilized during the times we needed them and it was inconvenient as we had to carry our luggage through an expansive lobby and up to our room, etc. We hardly saw any during our stay so I if I could make a recommendation it would be to acquire more for such a busy property. Other guests I ran into during my stay also voiced the same opinion. Other than this detail my family and I were very happy during our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family