1,260 results
All reviews cbd provisions apple tv deluxe suite neiman marcus house car turn down service car service room service rooftop pool luxury hotel heart of downtown valet staff within miles beautiful hotel upon check valet parking fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2019

Our power had been out for 3 days due to a storm and we checked in with our dog and were pretty dejected, tired and flat worn out. From initial phone reservation with Clifford, he set the tone for an awesome visit. Hearing our plight, he gave us the local rate and free valet for one night. From the moment we drove up, the cheerful, positive attitude of everyone who greeted us was uplifting. The man who checked us in was great as was our room. We ate at CBD and the host, Bob, sent over a wonderful complimentary appetizer after hearing our situation which was the nicest gesture. Slept great, had a delicious breakfast at CBD in the morning and checked out with Tre helping us with our luggage. The Joule did everything to make our stay memorable and they definitely helped us make lemonade out of lemons!
Dr Robert Mitchell and Dr Honor Franklin

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael H, Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Joule. Our staff is passionate about going above and beyond for guests, so I'm proud to read that was your experience. I've shared your compliments with the team.

It was a pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance in planning your next visit.

mhernandez@thejouledallas.com

Reviewed June 11, 2019

If you are in the Dallas area this is the place! The service is impeccable, rooms are top notch. One of the more trendy places to stay downtown! You never know if you might run into a celeb! This is a must stay!

Room tip: The higher the better
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Joule! We loved having you! We're so glad that our staff and accommodations could make for a memorable visit. We hope to welcome you back soon for another fabulous time!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of assistance in planning your next visit.

mhernandez@thejouledallas.com

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Joule is a beautiful hotel - gorgeous artwork in all the public spaces, friendly - really pleasant and helpful - staff, and rooms which are tastefully decorated and thoughtfully planned. Really like the layout of the room we were in, with plenty of relaxing seating, desk nicely located with a view, and easy to view the television from several seating angles.

Three challenges. First - no coffeemaker in the room (so no way to heat up tea). Second - at least on the Main-Street side of the hotel - you can hear everything that goes on outside. Honestly, it almost seemed like the windows were open. We could hear the street preacher, discussions on the street, all the cars going by - some racing. Noise died down around 1 a.m. both nights we stayed, so it was pretty quiet from then on. (The interior walls seemed well insulated, so we did not have any problems with noise from other rooms.) Third - and maybe the noise exaggerated this - the beds were lumpy. Bottom line: we didn't enjoy relaxing sleep while at the hotel.

The hotel staff seemed fabulous. We were impressed with the great job with unobtrusive neatening of our room -- a couple of times per day, and the valet team are champs.

Room tip: Rooms facing Main Street might be noisy (especially in the evening).
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

I broke all the seasoned traveler rules ...
1. Did not receive the email confirmation of the rate.
2. Questioned the rate but did not press the point on check in.
3. Allowed my 23yr old to check out as I was off to a 730am biz meeting.

On the trip home I asked to see the folio and discovered the rate I was billed was 1.32x the rate I was quoted.

I called the hotel to inquire and was told based on "the facts" the higher rate is correct.

I was also told if in the future I want the correct rate (the corporate rate I called and booked on not the city rate I was charged) I need to speak to the manager on duty at the front desk.

I would not mind the higher rate so much if (i) the room did not smell of stale air freshener; (ii) the pool bar did not close at 6pm (iii) the pool area actually opened at 10am per the posted hours and (iv) the television worked without calling engineering for a reset.

Going forward I will wave as I walk past the Joule and check in at the Adolphus... an establishment that understands customer care.

1  Thank KGN58
Michael H, Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2019

I would love to connect in regards to your experience about your recent stay as it does not seem like our standard service!

Please call me at your convenience, 214-493-6574 or email at mhernandez@thejouledallas.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights and every time I returned to my room the AC wasn’t working. Each time a technician came and “fixed” the issue but I spent 3 sweltering nights in a small stuffy room wit the AC going off every few hours.
The staff is responsive enough but the rooms are awful. Small, badly lit and in my case non air-conditioned.
Last time I’m staying here.

1  Thank Mahesh A