“Wish we could have stayed longer, will definitely return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #6 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Wish we could have stayed longer, will definitely return.”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Recently had a wonderful two night stay at the Joule. Found the hotel online and was hoping that pictures and descriptions lived up to the actual product....they did. The valet service was "on the ball" when we drove up. We were escorted to our room by a very pleasant gentleman who instructed us on the rooms unique features. The elevator requires your room key to go anywhere which is a nice security feature.

The room itself is very modern, clean, and sophisticated. The room was extremely quiet. I didn't hear noise from outside or the surrounding rooms during the 2 days we were there. The bed is very comfortable. Flat screen high def TV with in room movies available in high def. Ample plug in space for the many electronic gadgets I travel with.

The fitness center is very nice with new, modern equipment.

The pool was very nice and quiet during the day, but became a bit loud as the crowd picked up (but what do you expect in Dallas during the summer?)

The wine shop in the lobby is defnitely worth a visit. and is something that more hotels should do. Excellent selection of wine at very reasonable prices all the way to bottles that I dream of purchasing some day.

The hotel is beautiful at every turn. The pictures, color schemes, furnishings are sleek and modern. This is not a "gold gilded" hotel to make it look fancy. It just exudes "cool". The staff are very professional, well mannered and very accommodating.

Charlie Palmer's restaurant was amazing as expected. Definitely utilize the sommeliers (excellent recommendations). The room service menu is very good. We ordered by the pool and I highly recommend the cuban press with white truffled fries. The lobster corndogs are great and very unique.

My only complaints (albeit minor, but in the interest of full disclosure)...
-we left our room at 1030am with housekeeping in the room next door and returned at 200pm and our room had not been cleaned. it took an hour+ of stalling after requesting service until it was done.
-some of the network HD channels were "unavailable"

Don't hesitate to book a room here. It defeinitely rates with the top hotels I've stayed in across the country, but this one has a personality interwoven from things small to large that really make it stand out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JandJfromAR
TheJoule, Marketing Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Greetings!

Thank you for your kind words on the Hotel Ambassadors. I will make certain to pass along your compliments to the appropriate departments.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous experience in Charlie Palmer and whole-heartedly agree on your menu selections. I fully enjoy the entire menu!

It is wonderful to hear that The Joule Dallas lived up to your expectations in style and design. The Adam Tihany design and various works of art throughout the hotel are intended to create a unique experience for our guests.

We certainly look forward to seeing you back at The Joule Dallas in the near future!

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Aspen
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I thought I had seen it all until I stayed at the Joule. The service was absolutely first rate. The bellman had my luggage out of the trunk before I stepped out of the car and led me inside. It's rare to find a hotel with so much attention to detail and it's obvious that no expense was spared. The entire hotel is a work of art and when I got to my room I spent the first hour exploring it's uniqueness.

I had dinner at the restaurant that night and it was amazing from the service, ambiance and quality of the food. They have a special lunch that includes a soup, salad and half sandwich that's quick and inexpensive.

The Joule is a sexy, elegant, fun, cool and incredibly unique experience. I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
TheJoule, Marketing Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Thank you so very much for your kind words on the Ambassadors, hotel and Charlie Palmer. We are thrilled to hear that your stay was first rate. I will pass along your praises to the appropriate departments.

We know that you have options and thank you for selecting The Joule Dallas. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed at the Joule for my anniversary with my husband. The hotel room was pristine and beautiful, and the staff was extremely friendly and polite (not at all condescending which can sometimes occur in a high-end hotel like this). I agree with one reviewer that the outside club noise was a bit excessive, but that's the price for the great locale! My only real negative was that I'm an avid swimmer and the pool was closed for a private party from approx 6 pm until 10 the evening of our stay. The management opened the pool later (10-midnight) so we decided to try it then. Not only was no one swimming in the pool - but all of the "beautiful people" - I assume from the evening's party - were still hanging around in cocktail dresses and sportcoats. Needless to say, I felt very out of place in my suit w/my husband's shirt as a cover-up (I forgot mine) so we turned tail and left. Still, overall we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
TheJoule, Marketing Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Thank you for your positive comments on The Joule Dallas. I will make certain to pass those compliments along to our Ambassadors.

Thank you for your comment on the pool. We are aware of the pool restrictions with private events and are addressing that to become more guest friendly. Please contact me directly at jhumphry@thejouledallas.com upon your return.

Thank you, again for your feedback. It truly helps us to better the hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I stayed at the Joule for two nights during a business trip - and found the hotel at the top end of the scale. I like W-hotels, and I truly enjoyed this one. The lobby and the rooms are gorgeous (I stayed in room 1704), and our dinner in the Charlie Palmer restaurant (accessible from the hotel lobby) was great (allbeit a bit on the expensive side :-). The service at this hotel is just wonderful (checkin, room service, and at checkout the staff noted there were 3 internet charges on my bill before I did, and removed one immediately). Negatives ? Only one, be prepared to pay time-based fees even for 1-800 calls.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your positive review on The Joule Dallas! I have passed on your compliments to the appropriate ambassadors.

We know that you have options and sincerely appreciate you selecting The Joule Dallas. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for the weekend in early April for a business conference. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

The hotel is very modern and plush throughout. Great coffee table books in the rooms and lobby - too bad we didn't have time to sit and read them! Our room was fantastic - wonderful bed, very nice shower with dual showerheads, and fancy toiletries, and wonderful views. Only two complaints about the rooms - no coffeemaker in the room, and the hotel charges for wireless. (I am growing tired of paying for wireless in upscale hotels such as this one). We had several meals throughout the weekend at the hotel - ALL of the food was great. Try Charlie Palmer's for a drink - very plush.

The staff was very pleasant and informative - from the bellboy to the waiters to the front desk. We were given a 2 pm checkout on Sunday, which was a nice way to end our stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
TheJoule, Marketing Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
Thank you for your positive comments on the design, food and beverage and our staff. I will pass on your regards to our Ambassadors.

Thank you for your comment on WiFi. For your information we do offer complimentary WiFi in a variety of ways. If you are a Starwood SPG Platinum member you receive free WiFi in the guest rooms. Free WiFi is available for all guests in the hotel lobby in addition to the computers in the lobby that are complimentary for guests to use.

Complimentary coffee service is also available every morning in the lobby.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Joule.

Dallas
Reviewed April 15, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at three previous Starwood hotels and decided to stay here for a night away for our anniversary. We checked in and went up to our assigned room. Perhaps because we initially used points accumulated at the previous hotels, we opened the door - to the foot of the bed! The bed took up almost the entire 225' square foot corner room, with a teeny tiny little closet of a bathroom. My husband sat in the ONE chair in the room while calling to inquire about different rooms. It turns out, by looking at the fire plan map in that room and our next room, it appears all of the _08 rooms are the tiniest little closet rooms, so beware! We agreed to pay an additional $100 for the only other larger room available. The next room was twice the size, a small suite with a separate sitting room and large bathroom, very nice. The only other problem was we put the room service menu for breakfast for the next morning on the door around 10:30 p.m., as instructed before midnight, but the next morning the card was still there. Nicely, the next morning they did comp half the breakfast cost. Although I sleep with ear plugs, be advised that the hotel is in the center of bustling downtown Dallas, which is fun, but my husband fell asleep to the club and street noise audible in the room. And a small irritation with (apparently, at least common to the W and SLS) all Starwood boutique hotels is: no in-room coffee machines. I guess they're too classless for classy hotels, so if you don't want breakfast you're looking at at least $7 for a small pot of coffee to be delivered. The pool area is beautiful as is the entire hotel and the room was extremely comfortable. We enjoyed reading their unique books in the room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
TheJoule, Marketing Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Thank you very much for your positive observations during your escape at The Joule.

The Demi Joule (08 rooms) are certainly not for everyone, but if you are looking for a little whimsy, you will be delighted with these rooms.

I would like to apologize for your experiences with the breakfast door hanger but I'm glad to see that you were pleased with the compensation.

Also, thank you for your comment regarding coffee markers not being available in the guest rooms. For your information we do offer complimentary coffee service in the lobby for all guests.

I would like to again thank you for your feedback as we can use this experience as a learning tool for our staff. I also hope that you will give us another opportunity and please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally handle your arrangements.

MS
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I planned our annual national meeting April 8-11, 2010 with 32 guest rooms and a meeting room.

Here is the email I sent...

Everything was fantastic…and your attention to every detail was simply without equal. Needless to say, you not only made my job easier, but it was also a very exciting and relaxing event for me and my husband!

I wanted to thank each of you for going the extra mile for us...you met or exceeded our expectations at every turn! Everyone, and I mean each and everyone in our group, stated that this was their best meeting yet, and I owe it all to you!

Please pass along our thanks to all the front desk, valet team and catering…everyone behind the scenes who made our event click!

YOU ARE THE BEST!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your rave review. I have passed on your 'thanks' to each department that had the opportunity to wow your group during their stay.

I know you have choices, and thank you for choosing The Joule. We look forward to welcoming you again next year.

Best,