The Joule, Dallas
$128
$123
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$149
$155
$150
HotelsClick
1,144 results
All reviewscbd provisionsapple tvthe penthouseneiman marcushouse carturn down servicerooftop poolcar serviceroom servicewedding nightluxury hotelamazing hotelwithin milesheart of downtownvalet staffupon checkcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed staying here and are looking forward to going back. Atmosphere is comfortable and peaceful. Restaurant was great. The spa is serene and a must do again. My husband loved the frette towels and was online the next day looking for some.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here to attend a meeting and found the staff to be among the most accommodating I have ever experienced in an urban hotel. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful. The pattern was repeated by every employee we met, no matter their role.

Rooms were very modern - with a sophisticated lighting system that I will admit challenged me. When I could not figure out how to turn out the bathroom sink light at night, I had to call the desk for help, and they patiently walked me through it. I sensed I was not the only person who had ever done this.

The beds were very comfortable, and the room was quiet - always a plus in a city. The shower was spacious and the shower heads were great - two of them. A bit odd is the fact that the toilet room was on the other side of the entry from the sink, but this was not a problem, just a curiosity.

I like to exercise when I travel, and I found the fitness room to be spacious, pleasantly cool with modern, well maintained equipment, towels, water, fruit and earphones. Machines had their own television screens.

The hotel is about 6 easy walking blocks from the 6th Floor Museum of the Dallas School Book Depository which chronicles the assassination of JFK. I visited by myself without a reservation midweek in February, but I can see that a reservation would be wise at any other time. It was an emotional experience. The hotel is conveniently located near excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Really classy hotel. Everyone, & I mean everyone, was very polite, nice, & professional-- in a very non-stuffy way. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfy. New towels delivered in the morning & during turn-down service at night. Also, it is located in a interesting part of downtown Dallas. Lots of shopping & good eating/drinking places. I would have given this place 5 stars except 1) the commode areas are not exactly private-- i guess it is the new upscale cool thing, but I don't care for it. Nor does my wife. Also, we were there for a large wedding. The lobby bartender was soooo slow. I mean real slow. She was a very nice person-- but, real slow. You would think that the hotel would staff-up for a large, and expensive, wedding. However, like I said, she was very nice & friendly. The situation was resolved about 45 minutes later when 2 other very nice, and faster, bartenders showed up. All in all, this was a very nice & classy experience. We would absolutely go back. Oh... go & see the eye sore across the street. Yep, it is a real large sculpture of an eye. Ask the valets to explain the story behind the eye sore.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Once of the nicest hotel's I've stayed at!

When entering the hotel:
- Valets and doormen outside the hotel, willing to help with anything!
- Friendly reception staff
- Bar on ground floor is nice, again staff are great (only thing is that the bar is an extension of the lobby so not huge, but still okay)

Rooms:
- Decent room size
- Very clean, housekeeping is very efficient
- Recently refurbished so everything is new
- Large flatscreen TV, although for some reason not directly in front of the bed which I found a bit weird
- Wifi throughout the hotel
- Lighting control system for the room, very advanced
- Bose stereo, also Apple TV as standard

Bathroom:
- Again a good size
- Nice, powerful rainshower
- Very nice spa toiletries

Room service:
- I ordered breakfast and dinner, both were good (although dinner felt a bit small!)

Other:
- There are a lot of nice touches with this hotel, for example they have a free car service to take you anywhere within 5 miles... the cars are also beautiful - Audi A8 long wheelbase (loads of toys). The drivers are great
- Make sure they show you how to use the features in the room, especially the lighting system
- Very nice Mexican restaurant next door
- I didn't get the chance to use the gym but it looked very nice.

Overall highly recommended, I'd happily stay here again.

I've been to Dallas several times, this is by far the nicest hotel there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Amazing, amazing hotel! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, the hotel's lobby was simply stunning, and our penthouse was absolutely breath-taking. Our view from the penthouse overlooked Dallas entirely and provided a breath-taking rooftop access & balcony view---not to mention a well-stocked mini bar and gorgeous master bedroom and bathroom. The joule went above and beyond to make our girls night memorable and fun!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends