“Incredible Hospitality”
Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #14 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Without doubt, my one night stay at the Joule was one of my most memorable hotel stays ever. I happened to mention at check-in that my two girlfriends and I were on a road trip to celebrate my 50th birthday; not only did Victoria at the front desk immediately honor my request for an extra complimentary breakfast (only two were included in my rate), but when we returned from dinner, we found a white linen-covered table in our room, and on it was a bottle of champagne on ice, three flutes, truffles, and a fruit plate. Best of all, was a handwritten, full-hearted note wishing me a happy birthday. You can buy luxury at hotels anywhere; what you can't buy is the kind of service that feels like they are doing more than just their job. I also want to compliment the wonderful driver who took us back and forth to dinner in the hotel car, Helvius who took care of us at check-out, and the wonderful staff and food at the hotel restaurant. I won't every stay anywhere in Dallas again but the Joule!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank SACHEF
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We sincerely thank you for your review of The Joule. On behalf of the entire Joule team, we hope you have a fantastic 50th birthday! I am thrilled our staff’s phenomenal service has earned your loyalty. As you mentioned, our sincere and genuine staff takes our luxury property a step above and we our proud of them. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you at The Joule in the future!

There are newer reviews for The Joule, Dallas

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff really made this trip and this hotel. They were very welcoming and friendly. The food was delicious and the coffee bar was amazing. This was our first trip to Dallas and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool and spa were under construction. Pool closed. :(
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for reviewing The Joule! I am happy to hear you received welcoming and friendly accommodations while staying with us. In addtion, we are thrilled you chose to stay with us during your first visit to Dallas – we look forward to hosting you during your return visits!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I cannot say enough about how beautiful this hotel is. From the room, to the amazing views, to the jaw dropping pool! What an amazing location, as well. It would be silly to stay here and not eat at the Charlie Palmer. Wow, delicious!!!!! Might I add that Jackie Barrie was as professional and as friendly as any human being can be. That is the kind of young lady that I want to see, first thing, when I go to a hotel of this standard. She represented that hotel like she owned it! When I buy my own hotel, I'm calling her first thing to run it for me :-) In the meantime, the next time, and there will be a next time, I visit this hotel I assure you I won't reserve a room unless she is there. Thank you, Jackie.

Room Tip: The corner room view is epic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billy C
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed The Joule’s design, pool, dining and location. Without question we agree that Jackie is an invaluable member of our staff that helps in creating memorable experiences at The Joule. Once again, thank you and we eagerly await the opportunity to have you at The Joule in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked into your hotel Friday evening. From the minute I stepped into your lobby I felt the warmth and hospitality from the staff. The atomsphere was all geared to make sure my stay was prefect, and it was. The rooms design for sleep was outrageious from the bath area to the commode in different rooms . Wow!! The room was also sparkly clean . I like the touch of having the lifesavers, and for that matter, all the eminties. But all the perfect eminties do not matter if the service is not there. AND the service was great! A lot of places don't realize as consumers we have choices. My next chocie will be to stay with you in the cities I travel. I had the pleasure of speaking with Jackie Barrie when I made my reservation, and she was wonderful. She was so helpful with picking my rooms and making sure all my needs were met. I look forward to making my plans for my next stay at your wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ivan a

Thank you for your review of The Joule! We strive to accompany our uniquely designed hotel with attentively tailored service to each individual guest. As you mentioned, we recognize you have a choice and are honored you have chosen The Joule as your Dallas hotel. We look forward to your return visit and please do not hesitate if we may assist in any way.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Joule every time we visit Dallas. The staff, especially, Myron, Tim, Gus and Rudy are a pleasure to deal with and are attentive to our every need. I can't recommend the hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Accommodating you and your wife here at The Joule is an absolute pleasure. I am happy to know you are in the careful care of Myron, Tim, Gus, Rudy and the entire Joule team. Sincere thanks for your positive review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I’ve never written a hotel review before, nor ever wanted to. I travel a lot, usually on business, and usually staying in 4- and 5-star hotels. I expect hotels to take some of the pains out of traveling, but I seldom remember any of them a few days after I check out. It takes something pretty special to make me wake up and actually notice the design, the staff, the food, etc. The Joule is the first hotel to do that for me in several years.
Yes, it’s right downtown (next to Neiman-Marcus if that’s important to you), and the room was excellent and well thought-out, down to details most hotels miss. But that’s not what sticks in my mind. It was the staff. Every high-end hotel I stay at has trained their staff to be polite, efficient, even friendly. But the staff at the Joule are different. People were not merely polite, but were positively welcoming, eager to make you feel that you weren’t just passing through, that you’re not just a customer with an ID code (“Staying 2 nights; keeps to himself; bad tipper”) stamped on his forehead.
Not only was every member of the staff efficient and polite, but *genuinely* friendly, and not in a cloying, professional way that gets on your nerves. I am convinced the entire staff goes to a training camp where they are given some exotic drug that makes them think each guest is actually a long-lost family member come home to visit. Here’s an example: When was the last time you enjoyed checking in? I’m serious. At most hotels I wish I could check in the same way I check out: automatically, without stopping at the Front Desk. Quick and painless would suit me fine. But Debora, Lauren, and Victoria turned that routine, uninteresting chore into a truly pleasant experience.
Dallas was the last stop on my journey this time, so I had a stack of special requests: packages to be mailed, shopping I needed to do, and so on. Each request brought not just instant attention, but personal, how-can-I-make-sure-this-is-done-right? concern. I began to wonder if aliens had taken over the hotel as part of an upcoming invasion plan – they got everything just right except that they overdid it: offering sincere, personal service 24/7 is a dead giveaway. We humans just don't act that way.
Got to mention this: When I said I needed to buy some baseball gear for my son back home, and asked if the staff could recommend the right store and call me a taxi, Blanca wouldn’t hear of it. “Please use the hotel car,” she said. “Your driver’s name is Kyle, and he’ll gladly take you anywhere downtown. I’m sure he can help you find what you’re looking for.” Indeed, Kyle not only took me exactly where I needed to go, but when we got to the store and I wasn’t sure about what to get, he gladly came into the store with me, helped me find exactly what I needed in 5 min. flat, and whisked me back to the Joule in air-conditioned comfort. Like everyone else I met there, he was more than efficient, more than polite; he didn’t just do his job well, he put himself into it and made it personal. I see other reviews here mention equally good experiences with him. Whatever they're paying him, it isn't enough.
I shouldn’t close without mentioning the restaurant. Charlie Palmer’s is justifiably famous for its good food, but there, too, the staff and the service outshone the menu. A special hat-tip to Courtney in particular. If she were managing Guest Relations for the hotel instead of serving breakfast in the restaurant, I suspect the Joule would be booked to capacity 365 days a year.
Of course, no organization as big as a hotel is perfect, and no matter what great reviews you read about any establishment, you know your mileage may vary. However, based on my stay and what I saw other guests enjoying, I would give the Joule five-and-a-half stars. I will definitely schedule another business trip to Dallas – whether I have business there or not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on The Joule. Every member of our staff aims to deliver genuine and quality service to each of our guests with no detail uncovered. I am overjoyed to hear you received above and beyond hospitality at every moment while staying with us. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to hosting you upon your return to Dallas!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I chose the Joule due to its proximity to Baylor Medical. Our stay was lengthened by 10 days. What could have been stressful, turned into a nurtured safe haven.

Clint, Kyle, Myron, Blanca, Sony, Victoria, Ivory, Deborah, Rudie watched over us throughout our stay. Every recommendation they made was spot on.

We enjoyed this chic boutique hotel so very much, 2 couples came to join us.
We will be back, next time by pure choice.

1  Thank Jane G

Many thanks for your review of The Joule. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and an environment of comfort and relaxation. It is a delight knowing a potentially stressful stay became a home away from home while at The Joule. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to the welcoming you back to The Joule.